Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Darksiders Genesis, Man of Medan and five more titles join Xbox Game Pass this month

  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs300,533
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:08
    Darksiders, Man of Medan and Xeno Crisis have caught my eye here. Xeno looks like it will be a fun local coop to play with my daughter between Rare Replay.
    Xbox Life / Achievement Hunter Dead Things / Ranger Lifestyle My Player 2 - MrsDeathHuntsUs
  • InfoConeInfoCone364,218
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:13
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Isn't this the darksiders that plays like dark souls? It's really odd how each iteration of darksiders they changed up the format. I just finished my FF7 run a couple months ago, but maybe I'll drop back into it. I still need to finish 9 though..
    No thats darksiders 3 (thou right after launch they added classic mode to try and match 1n2 more.)


    This is the top down vigew etc with co-op I got it before the patched more stuff (for example no mini map so map didnt have any map marker thou this been sorted since I played and 1ked it) its fun enjoyable game simples :) should do very well on GP for anyone that has let this game passby
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st565,050
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:16
    Thragg Avenger said:
    Definately be giving Man of Medan a shot - I only didn't buy it because my backlog is still too long to justify new purchases (Cyberpunk excluded, of course!).

    I've played Final Fantasy VII before, and don't think I'll do another playthrough until I can get my hands on the remake. Nothing else particularly grabs my attention though.
    Same with my backlog, I slowed down on my game purchases in order to justify my backlog. Hate feeling like a hoarder and shopaholic with little value for money.

    Also probably gonna play Man of Medan as soon as I am done with my backlog pick of the month Matt Hazard.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st565,050
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:22
    x1001x Puppys said:
    Glad to see Final Fantasy VII make it!
    Kinda expected it to come to gamepass. Square Enix and Bethesda games almost always end up on gamepass and gold.
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:25
    Just checked out gameplay for Xeno Crisis, holy moly, it's awesome. Looks like Smash TV/Total Carnage with aliens. Definitely gonna 1K that.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • HollowHarmHollowHarm592,072
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:27
    Surprisingly I see a few games i might be interested in.
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:29
    InfoCone said:
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Isn't this the darksiders that plays like dark souls? It's really odd how each iteration of darksiders they changed up the format. I just finished my FF7 run a couple months ago, but maybe I'll drop back into it. I still need to finish 9 though..
    No thats darksiders 3 (thou right after launch they added classic mode to try and match 1n2 more.)


    This is the top down vigew etc with co-op I got it before the patched more stuff (for example no mini map so map didnt have any map marker thou this been sorted since I played and 1ked it) its fun enjoyable game simples :) should do very well on GP for anyone that has let this game passby
    Awesome! I'll pick it up then.
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:29
    Matodion 1st said:
    x1001x Puppys said:
    Glad to see Final Fantasy VII make it!
    Kinda expected it to come to gamepass. Square Enix and Bethesda games almost always end up on gamepass and gold.
    I thought they(MS) announced that all the FF would be coming to gamepass this year?
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:33
    I am so excited about Undermine! I got it on pc when it was still in beta and it is a great game. If you like Neon Abyss you will like this game. It is super fun and challenging.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st565,050
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:36
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    x1001x Puppys said:
    Glad to see Final Fantasy VII make it!
    Kinda expected it to come to gamepass. Square Enix and Bethesda games almost always end up on gamepass and gold.
    I thought they(MS) announced that all the FF would be coming to gamepass this year?
    Not sure but it's square Enix, their games always use to end up on gwg but now its always on gp
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:39
    Xeno Crisis?!!!! Im going to play the shit out of that game! Yeeeeahh!!
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:40
    Yes! Darksiders genesis !
  • I Boz lI Boz l975,584
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:43
    Can't wait to start Man Of Medan and see by myself if the game is great or just average (like many reviews said, including TA one)
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:47
    Matodion 1st said:
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    x1001x Puppys said:
    Glad to see Final Fantasy VII make it!
    Kinda expected it to come to gamepass. Square Enix and Bethesda games almost always end up on gamepass and gold.
    I thought they(MS) announced that all the FF would be coming to gamepass this year?
    Not sure but it's square Enix, their games always use to end up on gwg but now its always on gp
    Found it:
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
    Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XV
    The big two games missing from this list are Final Fantasy’s two MMOs, Final Fantasy XI and XIV. However, speaking to members of the press at X019 earlier today, Microsoft’s gaming chief, Phil Spencer, said that the company plans to bring Final Fantasy 14 to the service at a later date. “I wanted you to know, rest assured that we will be bringing that game to Xbox,” said Spencer. “We have a great relationship with Yoshida-san and we’re working through what it means to bring [to Xbox] a cross-platform MMO that they’ve run for years.”
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/20964604/final-fantasy-m...
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x717,779
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:48
    Finally FF VII!
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 16:04
    nice !
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • I Ebon Hawk II Ebon Hawk I1,941,229
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 16:06, Edited on 05 August 20 at 16:07 by I Ebon Hawk I
    Great news. I almost bought FFVII in the last sale. Should also be able to dual box Man of Medan when it comes to game pass.
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 16:09
    nice, been waiting for FFVII to get added
  • XPac23XPac231,094,057
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 16:17
    Sweet. Almost bought Man of Medan last month. I'm still waiting for them to put Final Fantasy X on Game Pass though. On PS2 I got so sidetracked playing blitzball that I never finished the story.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st565,050
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 16:19
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    x1001x Puppys said:
    Glad to see Final Fantasy VII make it!
    Kinda expected it to come to gamepass. Square Enix and Bethesda games almost always end up on gamepass and gold.
    I thought they(MS) announced that all the FF would be coming to gamepass this year?
    Not sure but it's square Enix, their games always use to end up on gwg but now its always on gp
    Found it:
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
    Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XV
    The big two games missing from this list are Final Fantasy’s two MMOs, Final Fantasy XI and XIV. However, speaking to members of the press at X019 earlier today, Microsoft’s gaming chief, Phil Spencer, said that the company plans to bring Final Fantasy 14 to the service at a later date. “I wanted you to know, rest assured that we will be bringing that game to Xbox,” said Spencer. “We have a great relationship with Yoshida-san and we’re working through what it means to bring [to Xbox] a cross-platform MMO that they’ve run for years.”
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/20964604/final-fantasy-m...
    So much FF games on GP, only played three FF games in my life but I would pick XV over any of them any day.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.