Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Darksiders Genesis, Man of Medan and five more titles join Xbox Game Pass this month

• Posted on 06 August 20 at 16:25
    Cool, good for you. Btw, I don't play Fortnite genius.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,250,202
    Posted on 06 August 20 at 18:17
    MechaHeretic said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Yes FFVII so glad I didn't buy it a few weeks back when it was on sale. I will say that the roguelites are getting a bit annoying.
    Are you me? I legit almost bought FF7 and FF8 a week or two ago, and I'm so tired of the "2d Retro Roguelike" titles being spammed on the service.
    I get that there have been several roguelites in the past three months, but there are still 10 or so on game pass. I think on all of game pass out of 200 games. It's not that many. Many people like these games. A lot the games you like probably don't appeal to me. Game pass is allowed to have variety and it's okay if you don't like every game. I have basically no interest in easy 1.0 ratio games for fast gamerscore, but many people on this site love those games. It's okay.

Also, roguelite doesn't mean retro. I wouldn't call undermine retro at all.

Also, roguelite gives you some idea of how the game plays with permadeath mechanics, but roguelites can be any genre. Spire is a card game. Gungeon is a shoot em up. Yeah, there are 10 or so roguelites, but they're all very very different in the actual gameplay. It's not like they're all pixelated platformers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,486,404
    Posted on 06 August 20 at 18:36
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    MechaHeretic said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Yes FFVII so glad I didn't buy it a few weeks back when it was on sale. I will say that the roguelites are getting a bit annoying.
    Are you me? I legit almost bought FF7 and FF8 a week or two ago, and I'm so tired of the "2d Retro Roguelike" titles being spammed on the service.
    I get that there have been several roguelites in the past three months, but there are still 10 or so on game pass. I think on all of game pass out of 200 games. It's not that many. Many people like these games. A lot the games you like probably don't appeal to me. Game pass is allowed to have variety and it's okay if you don't like every game. I have basically no interest in easy 1.0 ratio games for fast gamerscore, but many people on this site love those games. It's okay.

Also, roguelite doesn't mean retro. I wouldn't call undermine retro at all.

Also, roguelite gives you some idea of how the game plays with permadeath mechanics, but roguelites can be any genre. Spire is a card game. Gungeon is a shoot em up. Yeah, there are 10 or so roguelites, but they're all very very different in the actual gameplay. It's not like they're all pixelated platformers.
    I understand. I've just had my fill of roguelites after completing West of Dead ragefest.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,261
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 00:26
    Not too interested in any of these for now, but I'll maybe check in on them again in the future.
  • CasualExileCasualExile1,664,057
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 06:02
    Guess I'll finally play a Final Fantasy game for the first time. While I'm hoping to defy it, I'm not expecting to enjoy it all that much though given my dislike of Turn-Based RPGs.
    Sleeping is for sensible people, which is why I don't do it.
  • Maaarc15Maaarc15216,361
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 08:07
    Nothing interesting for me. Too bad, was hoping for way more.
  • KodingKoding980,095
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 12:06
    I might give Man Of Medan a try. Assuming it's not too scary. I don't do scary.
  • Sean PaulSean Paul1,863,288
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 14:37
    Stack for FF7?
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,549,905
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 14:41, Edited on 07 August 20 at 14:42 by Legohead 1977
    The two I can play co-op sound very interesting!

I would be interested to see the achievements for FF7 as it is the only one I have played for long...unless you include the card game on 8, which I played far more than the game itself!
    Legohead 1977
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899397,850
    Posted on 07 August 20 at 23:18
    Xeno crisis is excellent.
  • Drazer76Drazer76714,247
    Posted on 10 August 20 at 21:07, Edited on 10 August 20 at 21:12 by Drazer76
    I Boz l said:
    Can't wait to start Man Of Medan and see by myself if the game is great or just average (like many reviews said, including TA one)
    I’m going with Great. Look forward to the rest when they bring them out.

Also, someone mentioned buggy, I had no problems at all with it, in case anyone wondered..

Koding said:
    I might give Man Of Medan a try. Assuming it's not too scary. I don't do scary.
    I mean.. maybe try on a alt profile if you are worried about not finishing games, it’s got a horror theme to it.. :)

It is seriously a great game though. I’d recommend one play through on your own before the walkthrough, so you can enjoy the story without the spoilers that are in it, as it’s relatively short to rerun.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,444,714
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 18:27
    Might try Xeno Crisis. I did the first Darksiders but it was just okay, haven't continued the series since
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz688,866
    Posted on 13 August 20 at 17:35, Edited on 13 August 20 at 17:36 by wolfsburgraz
    I'm wondering if FFVII is a title best left to nostalgia and memories. I put over 100 hours into the game back on PS1, max leveled everyone, farmed materia, beat the weapons, etc. and just don't have the time or focus to do any of that again. Maybe I'll just wait until part one of Remake hopefully shows up next year.
  • WobbloWobblo905,990
    Posted on 13 August 20 at 18:01
    wolfsburgraz said:
    I'm wondering if FFVII is a title best left to nostalgia and memories. I put over 100 hours into the game back on PS1, max leveled everyone, farmed materia, beat the weapons, etc. and just don't have the time or focus to do any of that again. Maybe I'll just wait until part one of Remake hopefully shows up next year.
    In this version they've added 3 things you can toggle on and off instantly:

- 3x speed mode
    - Ability to turn battle encounters off
    - Battle enhancement mode
    Like you, I had maxed it out on PS1 back in the day and these things definitely helped get through some of the more tedious sections. Worth a trip down memory lane for sure.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz688,866
    Posted on 13 August 20 at 19:30, Edited on 13 August 20 at 19:30 by wolfsburgraz
    Wobblo said:
    wolfsburgraz said:

- 3x speed mode
    Like you, I had maxed it out on PS1 back in the day and these things definitely helped get through some of the more tedious sections. Worth a trip down memory lane for sure.
    Thanks, I may give it a try to see if it grabs me again. How do boss fights and whatnot play out if you've been skipping all the battles and are severely under-leveled? Is that where battle enhancement mode comes in? The idea of playing through again to experience the story and characters without worrying about the grind is awfully compelling.

Surely these things disable achievements?
  • WobbloWobblo905,990
    Posted on 13 August 20 at 20:49
    wolfsburgraz said:
    Wobblo said:
    wolfsburgraz said:

- 3x speed mode
    Thanks, I may give it a try to see if it grabs me again. How do boss fights and whatnot play out if you've been skipping all the battles and are severely under-leveled? Is that where battle enhancement mode comes in? The idea of playing through again to experience the story and characters without worrying about the grind is awfully compelling.

Surely these things disable achievements?
    So basically the "Battle enhancement mode" if I remember correctly gives you permanent limit break on all characters and makes you refill all your health after you take damage. Basically makes you invincible other than to stuff that can 1 shot you so really don't need to worry too much about grinding.

Does not affect achievements toast
  • NOTH ULTRANOTH ULTRA2,243,473
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 07:05
    Vegetto#4762 said:
    Stack for FF7?
    Yeah its another stack, I'm nearly done with it again.
  • Fir3Blad316Fir3Blad316636,811
    Posted on 15 August 20 at 06:08
    But the new Stack for FF7 is nowhere to see actually, very strange! Not even on TA or Xbox.
  • EmagDrolBotEmagDrolBot269,806
    Posted on 15 August 20 at 14:05
    Are you sure it's a stack? No other PC FF game recently has been. FFIX and FFXV both just share lists with their XB1 equivalents.

Just because it's a separate MS store entry, does not mean it has a separate list. FFXV has a separate shop entry but shares its list with the XB1 version.
  • Fir3Blad316Fir3Blad316636,811
    Posted on 15 August 20 at 16:10
    I am pretty sure, a friend got yesterday achievements which he already had on the Xbox Version. But there is nothing Where you can check the achievements. And when he played it said FF7 Windows 10 edition
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.