The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 11th, 2020

• jasonlc3221jasonlc3221892,540
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 02:47
    rapfaria said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    OhhJustBQ said:
    does Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition include the DLC?
    No, so if it's just the achievements you're after, get the Expansion Pass. THAT DOES include the DLC you're looking for.
    From what I can see, the expansion pass does not include any DLC that has achievements.
    Click on the link in the sales article for the "Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass" and it'll take you to the description page, which all the text is taken straight from the MS Store. First sentence reads what it includes.
  • D3m0nF0rc3D3m0nF0rc3790,122
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 03:47
    rapfaria said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    OhhJustBQ said:
    No, so if it's just the achievements you're after, get the Expansion Pass. THAT DOES include the DLC you're looking for.
    From what I can see, the expansion pass does not include any DLC that has achievements.
    The expansion pass includes 2 of 3 dlc with achievements, Blizzard Mountain and Hot wheels but not the hoonigan pack. The ultimate edition is about as unultimate as any gaming edition ever released.

The sooner they delist this junker whilst not putting the hoonigan pack on sale the sooner I can say Turn 10 will never receive a bean from me again.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,087,897
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 03:51, Edited on 11 August 20 at 03:52 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
    Any thoughts on ANIMUS? Never heard of it, usually enjoy souls like games. Appreciate any and all info guys toast
    Matthew
  • Dread ReaverDread Reaver393,080
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 04:24
    I wouldn't rely on getting Forza Horizon 3 via GwG if wanting to keep forever (assuming it goes GwG). We had major issues trying to re-download Forza Horizon 2 despite having obtained it via GwG previously. It simply doesn't appear in the Ready to Install list. The only way I was able to get it onto my Xbox was to copy it from another Xbox in my household...
  • ChettlarChettlar212,291
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 04:26
    jasonlc3221 said:
    OhhJustBQ said:
    No! The expansion pass does not include all achievements. You also need the Hoonigan car pack, which must be bought on its own.

If you want everything you want

-Ultimate Edition
    -Expansion Pass
    -Porsche car pack
    -Mountain Dew car pack
    -Hoonigan car pack

If you just care about achievements you must purchase

-Expansion Pass
    -Hoonigan car pack

And if you want to play the game on PC at all, or just own it digitally then obviously you need to buy the game itself, although codes exist on cards out in the wild for more than the sale price you see here, so that's a last resort.
  • ChettlarChettlar212,291
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 04:27, Edited on 11 August 20 at 04:29 by Chettlar
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    GoyetteQC said:
    Great, Horizon 3 is getting delisted in a little over a month and they still haven't put the hoonigan pack on sale once.
    These sales are worthless if we get FH3 'free' in a month and some 'Ultimate addons collection' for $7, these deals are more expensive and won't give you as much content..
    Ehh I disagree. I like being able to own the game without being required to pay for gold to be able to play it.

Not to mention people who have had trouble with forza games downloading in the past. I have had Forza Motorsport 5 not work for me repeatedly. Sometimes says it's unavailable. It's never in my download list. I have to search the store for it and hope it lets me download. Really irritating. Apparently this has happened with other forza games.
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13510,156
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 04:54
    Deja vu. Shitty version of groundhog day
  • Jo12danJamesJo12danJames192,024
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 05:06, Edited on 11 August 20 at 05:07 by Jo12danJames
    I'm buying the fh3 expansion and the elder scrolls online bundle seems decent, but I'll pass until there is an ultimate version.
  • GuidalityGuidality698,664
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 05:14
    Buy Prey at that bundle price if you haven't already. What a great deal
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz636,163
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 05:25
    I have all the Arkane stuff and Greedfall on my sale tracker and the prices are good, I'm going to hold off though. Roll on next week.
  • EchtzeitEchtzeit546,480
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 05:45
    If you don't want to sell any games at all, this is an example of how to do a sale.

Also, do I smell a summer sale incoming?
  • Posted on 11 August 20 at 06:17
    Why does people think that FH3 is getting delisted? Have I missed something? :-/
  • khashokhasho35,726
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 06:22
    It's the same sale as last week right? I think a big sale is coming in few days
  • pischt0pischt0222,254
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 06:37
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Iv heard good things about Greedfall is that a worthy price?
    Dude, yea!
  • BasileusBasileus243,462
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 06:53
    Echtzeit said:
    If you don't want to sell any games at all, this is an example of how to do a sale.

Also, do I smell a summer sale incoming?
    No, that's the shit that is on sale this week you're smelling.
  • BasileusBasileus243,462
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 06:54
    DeathProofJakes said:
    Why does people think that FH3 is getting delisted? Have I missed something? :-/
    Because that was the fate of every Forza in the last years.
  • GepardsGepards109,148
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 07:08
    my wallet is safe, more attention on backlog
    Thanks, guys!
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,278,181
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 07:47
    A whole lot of Meh
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,019,221
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 08:06
    DeathProofJakes said:
    Last 4 years in a row you've had a Forza game go on GwG in August/September and had massive discounts on the DLC packs. The next month the game and the DLC gets delisted from the store.
    It's happened to FH1, FM5, FH2 and FM6 so this year should be FH3's turn if the pattern continues.
    Remember when RoboCop shot that dude in the dick?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.