The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 11th, 2020

• MalazanMalazan395,659
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 08:42
    I've picked up Greedfall at that nice price!
    x
  • DDevDDev456,176
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 08:59, Edited on 11 August 20 at 08:59 by DDev
    Doom Eternal the only game I'm wanting here, just feel like it'll be a game pass game soon enough so I'll hold back.
    Gears player since 06'
  • Posted on 11 August 20 at 09:02
    I picked up Greedfall, Ive been wanting to play that.
  • Wal3siaWal3sia338,085
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 09:07
    Justt bought Greedfall on sunday. Well I think it's been worth the money.
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte263,199
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 09:24
    It's too similiar to last week's sale. *sigh
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me...
  • Posted on 11 August 20 at 09:46
    Same shit different week
  • Reina WattReina Watt438,022
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 10:06, Edited on 11 August 20 at 10:08 by Reina Watt
    Picked up Greedfall from that sale minutes after it started, I'll get around to trying it later. Hopefully once the risk of a thunderstorm has passed.
    I've been curious about it but haven't seen much said about it, hope it was worth buying.
    Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead588,116
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 10:57, Edited on 11 August 20 at 11:00 by HolyHalfDead
    Catatonic Nali said:
    DeathProofJakes said:
    Why does people think that FH3 is getting delisted? Have I missed something? :-/
    Last 4 years in a row you've had a Forza game go on GwG in August/September and had massive discounts on the DLC packs. The next month the game and the DLC gets delisted from the store.
    It's happened to FH1, FM5, FH2 and FM6 so this year should be FH3's turn if the pattern continues.
    It all started with FM2. I warned people about FM3, and a week later it was gone.

They usually licence the cars from the manufacturers for 4 years - so 27th Sep 2020.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • inasneinasne106,898
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 10:57
    Maybe somethings up this Thursday. It says that this weeks sale only is valid for 2 more days on microsofts homepage
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,712
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 11:17, Edited on 11 August 20 at 11:30 by SheBeatsYou
    I picked up Genesis Alpha One never heard of it before. If you like reasource management/base building games with alien critters and Alien Isolation style you might fancy it.
  • inasneinasne106,898
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 11:40
    Maybe somethings up this Thursday. It says that this weeks sale only is valid for 2 more days on microsofts homepage
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,015,280
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 11:51
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Catatonic Nali said:
    DeathProofJakes said:
    Why does people think that FH3 is getting delisted? Have I missed something? :-/
    Last 4 years in a row you've had a Forza game go on GwG in August/September and had massive discounts on the DLC packs. The next month the game and the DLC gets delisted from the store.
    It's happened to FH1, FM5, FH2 and FM6 so this year should be FH3's turn if the pattern continues.
    It all started with FM2. I warned people about FM3, and a week later it was gone.

They usually licence the cars from the manufacturers for 4 years - so 27th Sep 2020.
    This is true, seems like FM2, FM3 and FM4 all had similar issues. In those cases I don't believe they ever had digital versions of the games so never went on GwG or got delisted but FM4 had a DLC pack with achievements delisted and all 3 of them along with FM5 and FH1 had server shutdowns that affected community/auction-house achievements.

The main point is that if you have any interest in getting hold of FH3 digitally or its DLC packs it might be in your interests to do it fairly soon. Although if the pattern from the previous 4 years/games holds then the game could be free with GwG in September and any paid DLC should be on a decent discount.

It also may be worth mentioning that FH3 does have a handful of achievements related to the auction house and community created content which could possibly become unobtainable like similar achievements did in a number of previous games.
    Remember when RoboCop shot that dude in the dick?
  • Posted on 11 August 20 at 12:08
    Outside the Forza Horzon 3 stuff this sale is so bad that that their aint a worthwhile gamepass leaving soon you should pick up game
    Gamer for lifeFan of games not plastic boxs
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007135,030
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 12:29, Edited on 11 August 20 at 12:42 by FireDrake007
    Dread Reaver said:
    I wouldn't rely on getting Forza Horizon 3 via GwG if wanting to keep forever (assuming it goes GwG). We had major issues trying to re-download Forza Horizon 2 despite having obtained it via GwG previously. It simply doesn't appear in the Ready to Install list. The only way I was able to get it onto my Xbox was to copy it from another Xbox in my household...
    I had the same problem with Forza Horizon 1. I remember claiming the game with GWG and then uninstalling it, but years later I couldn't find it in my download list so now I don't have a copy anymore and MS refuses to add it when asked.

I will just keep Forza Horizon 2 which I also got with GWG on my Xbox downloaded to prevent that from happening to that as well.

I just checked my Games with Gold library as well and Forza Horizon 2 is missing as well from the Games with Gold list but surprisingly it is on my owned list even though I never bought it.
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,164,818
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 13:13
    I'll take Greedfall at that price :)
    Too much work, not enough games
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 13:36
    Is anyone having issues with the reviews not showing? mine says Overview and then System Requirements and next to that should be reviews. WTF
  • Posted on 11 August 20 at 13:39
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    Chuck710Taylor said:
    Mondays at work are always slow and I find myself hitting refresh just to see whats on sale. Blacksand is on my wishlist....
    Your comment made me look at the game; looks pretty cool actually
    Glad I could help. No way in hell was I paying 40 for it, don't know if ill spend 20s on it. ShaqFu was the last game I bought at 20 but that game was surprisingly really fun an included minimal mop up.
  • BasileusBasileus242,121
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 13:45, Edited on 11 August 20 at 13:45 by Basileus
    Blacksad ist tempting.
    But I hate to play a storydriven game several times to get all achievements. A story is a story and should have a clear and defined end.
    Posted on 11 August 20 at 13:49
    pischt0 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Iv heard good things about Greedfall is that a worthy price?
    Dude, yea!
    Ty I was about to check out Greedfall when I saw its publisher is Focus Home Entertainment. They are involved in a scandal ATM about stealing the game Aeon Must Die from its dev team. Gonna have to hard pass and get this game used. Morals SUCK
  • Posted on 11 August 20 at 14:32
    Picked up Xenon Valkyrie+, I've been waiting a bit for that one to go back on sale haha
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.