The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 2020 Ultimate Sale is live now

• EveryBaseEveryBase564,110
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 17:03, Edited on 14 August 20 at 17:30 by EveryBase
    Kamera said:
    Is Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition worth the sale price?
    Its worth it at that price for everything. The game by itself for $15 is a huge NO.

I just got the complete version myself even though i had it on disc. Be nice to play it on my pc now.
  • LockieLockie873,530
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 17:05
    I knew Kingdom Come would go on sale again so I didn't bother trying to finish it before it rotated out of Game Pass. smile
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase564,110
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 17:09, Edited on 14 August 20 at 17:23 by EveryBase
    Been pondering Risk of Rain 2 for awhile. It's in my wishlist but I can't figure out what about it made me wish it. It looks like a generic Looter shooter. Anyone shed some light if its a must have?

Edit: NM took the plunge
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st701,034
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 17:16
    HUN playmore said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    You're complaining about not being able to play games which you acquired by dubious means and you're not supposed to own to begin with, because you're too lazy to download them? You sure have a strange view of the world.
    Since you are living in a country that always got full support I doubt you understand how the 360 Xbox Live work for anyone who doesn't live on the privileged west. Outside of a few first world marketplaces we get the fraction of the content but pay the same price. 360 users in other countries didn't make profiles in different regions because they wanted to. It is because the content is simply not available here and never will be. If it is unacceptable for you that I pay the same money despite I earn less to get the for example the Mass Effect 2 DLCs or games that were never officially released here then you can freely hate me of course.

And using VPN to bypass the completely illogical region lock system is not the same as it was years ago. The only thing I'm complaining about is if they kill the 360 marketplace not only a lot of online only content will disappear forever but all the things I bought and downloaded get an expiration date until my console lasts.
    toast
  • CastMemberCastMember90,886
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 17:55
    Is anyone else with Gamepass ultimate not seeing the Gold discount? Trying to get my son a few games on his account but it's asking to sign up to Gold. He's got the Xbox One X on all access.
  • atryeu1atryeu1456,278
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 17:57, Edited on 14 August 20 at 17:58 by atryeu1
    HolyHalfDead said:
    trickybuz93 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    What a mess.
    I want to filter the Xbox 360 games... roll
    Same. I don't have Xbox One and all I want to see are for 360 -_-

Looking at the Sales page for 360 is showing a fairly short list and nothing remotely of interest. Is that all that's on sale for it? If so nothing for me :(
    Major updated his weekly list with the new sales. The 360 games are basically the ones listed here, all BC but only like 20 in total. No DLC, a bunch of CoDs.
    I see 47 items for the 360 in the sale, including DLC such as the BLOPS2 SP for 60% off:

Xbox 360 store (region locked) = link hidden
    Xbox One store (region free) = link hidden
    At different prices in different regions (2 cents cheaper from the Xbox One store in NZ)

At the risk of being lynched, I have been saying since 2016 that the Xbox 360 console will be going out of extended support in April 2021. I am not saying that they will stop supporting Xbox 360 games on Xbox One/Series.

The biggest concern for everyone should be if they shut down the 360 link hidden in April 2021 then any content that isn't BC will become delisted. Now that might mean if they resume the BC programme they will relist games and DLC. We have certainly seen many original Xbox games get relisted after being made BC.
    Thanks for the info. As for COD, I have 2 of them but not really my thing. I like FPS games but COD especially is too focused on multiplayer. If I ever did buy another it would be on disc and not digital though.

I'm stuck with Xbox 360 whether it's supported or not due to my internet restrictions. My only access is satellite where I live and it has such tiny bandwidth limits. I did just manage to upgrade from 10gb/month to 60gb/month but that's still not enough for the requirements a new console would need plus I no longer have my "free unmetered bandwidth time" at nights like I did before. Windows 10 is using all my bandwidth so far this month. Already have all the updates and don't know what the dumb thing is still downloading (especially with that "P2P sharing junk turned off). Wish I hadn't had to upgrade to it :(

Also, uhm, anybody else getting a CloudFlare error trying to post saying something about failing to enter a captcha (that doesn't exist on this site as far as I see?) If I have to go through that dumb page each time I want to post I'm not posting anymore on this site. -_- I'm really hating the way the forums have gone recently here.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,158,660
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 18:05, Edited on 14 August 20 at 18:10 by Elite1111111111
    CastMember said:
    Is anyone else with Gamepass ultimate not seeing the Gold discount? Trying to get my son a few games on his account but it's asking to sign up to Gold. He's got the Xbox One X on all access.
    The sales aren't dependent on getting Gold, so I'm not sure why you'd be seeing that. Are you on the website or trying to buy on the console?

Personally just checked the website for one of the sales. It says to sign up for Gold for the lower price, but when I click buy it makes me type in my password. After I typed my password it refreshed the page with the lower price. I have GPU.
  • brayargbrayarg645,713
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 18:20
    Picked up a couple of bargins here, might pick up one more later on. Love a bargin!!!
  • Posted on 14 August 20 at 18:32
    TG GolemJephson said:
    HALO WARS 2 COMPLETE EDITION BABY!!!
    Yeah, same feeling, finally!!!
  • SkarviTSkarviT206,828
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 18:44
    Battlefield is cheaper than any other old Call of Duty xD
  • CastMemberCastMember90,886
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 18:54
    Elite1111111111 said:
    CastMember said:
    The sales aren't dependent on getting Gold, so I'm not sure why you'd be seeing that. Are you on the website or trying to buy on the console?

Personally just checked the website for one of the sales. It says to sign up for Gold for the lower price, but when I click buy it makes me type in my password. After I typed my password it refreshed the page with the lower price. I have GPU.
    There is a further 10% off if you have Gold. Seems to be working now on the browser cheers. Same as the GWG I have to refresh the page a few times
  • torrens7760torrens7760264,280
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 19:51
    How long does this last? I don't get paid for two weeks and I'm currently in my (very low) overdraft already.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • brayargbrayarg645,713
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 20:04, Edited on 14 August 20 at 20:05 by brayarg
    torrens7760 said:
    How long does this last? I don't get paid for two weeks and I'm currently in my (very low) overdraft already.
    10 days left unfortunately, no reward points you could use?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead790,808
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 20:23, Edited on 14 August 20 at 20:34 by HolyHalfDead
    atryeu1 said:
    Also, uhm, anybody else getting a CloudFlare error trying to post saying something about failing to enter a captcha (that doesn't exist on this site as far as I see?) If I have to go through that dumb page each time I want to post I'm not posting anymore on this site. -_- I'm really hating the way the forums have gone recently here.
    I had to complete that challenge response. I was guessing it is to stop bots posting spam.

I can sympathise with your internet connection. I remember trying to play Halo 3 over dial up, and could hear all the other players swearing about the lag they were getting. I didn’t try again.

Some games need 2mbps Up now, but ADSL has a max of 1mbps. When I lived in the UK 20 years ago I had cable to my door and there were no data caps. In New Zealand in 2010 I had a 1GB per month data cap. I am paying $100 a month for no cap now, but I’m going to be stuck on ADSL for many more years (takes 1 day to download a game). I can pair my Xbox One to my phone, but it complains about using it for multiplayer, and it gets expensive fast.

I honestly think that the same way people without internet at home used to go to “cyber cafes” to game, that areas without internet to their door could go to “download cafes” where they pay per hour and hook up their console and update/download their games. I could sneak my console into work, where I have 200mbps Down - but all traffic is logged to my user ID.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • brayargbrayarg645,713
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 20:48
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I can sympathise with your internet connection. I remember trying to play Halo 3 over dial up, and could hear all the other players swearing about the lag they were getting.
    Funny really, I remember many of the early shooters, unreal tourney, doom, quake, good games for there time, huge but.... I played a few online, mostly of the time I died and to this day I'll swear I didnt see what killed me, that's how bad the lag was. The whole experience was a lag spike, funny looking back at it now, comparing to today.
  • atryeu1atryeu1456,278
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 22:31
    HolyHalfDead said:
    atryeu1 said:
    I had to complete that challenge response. I was guessing it is to stop bots posting spam.

I can sympathise with your internet connection. I remember trying to play Halo 3 over dial up, and could hear all the other players swearing about the lag they were getting. I didn’t try again.

Some games need 2mbps Up now, but ADSL has a max of 1mbps. When I lived in the UK 20 years ago I had cable to my door and there were no data caps. In New Zealand in 2010 I had a 1GB per month data cap. I am paying $100 a month for no cap now, but I’m going to be stuck on ADSL for many more years (takes 1 day to download a game). I can pair my Xbox One to my phone, but it complains about using it for multiplayer, and it gets expensive fast.

I honestly think that the same way people without internet at home used to go to “cyber cafes” to game, that areas without internet to their door could go to “download cafes” where they pay per hour and hook up their console and update/download their games. I could sneak my console into work, where I have 200mbps Down - but all traffic is logged to my user ID.
    Yeah, internet usage is just dumb now days. We have nothing available to us except dialup or satellite and dialup is to the point it's impossible to load any webpages and emails were barely manageable. Our upgraded plan is the 60gb/month bandwidth and it's $100 a month too. Speeds are supposed to be "up to 25mbps" but I only get about 2.5mbps usually if that from the computer and the update didn't make a single bit of difference with the 360. Even switching to wired made no difference with the network stats and still only getting 1.7mbps from there :(

Anyway, skipping this sale. If I can ever get Win 10 to stop wasting all my bandwidth with it's background processes I'll eventually grab a few DLCs I want within the few days before my internet usage resets each month. I'm thinking they won't be going on sale so I might as well just get them full price while I can.
  • vegansoundvegansound1,237,357
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 22:41
    I don't want this Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled game! Give us back the pack with only Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy! angry And lower it! It's been ages it's discounted at 50%, f*ck. It's ULTIMATE SALE, not a 'normal sale week like every week'! cry
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522280,193
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 22:52
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete was a pretty easy buy for me at $12.49 USD. It seems like the DLC never goes on sale and they cost $6.99 USD each so to get everything at that price seems like a steal.
  • Catching ZZZsCatching ZZZs1,404,959
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 23:11
    I bought Duke Nukem 3D last week. cry
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21557,409
    Posted on 14 August 20 at 23:37
    Prey bundle still $12 and The Bioshock Collection went up from the $10 it was during the last two sales.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads