Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Battletoads review: creative cartoon clobbering courtesy of some crusty croakers

• Posted on 20 August 20 at 00:15, Edited on 20 August 20 at 00:15 by The SCHWARTZ 00
    It's a shame I'll never complete this due to requirements that are completely out of my hands. I'll never find two other people to play Battletoads in the same room, much less get them together long enough to stay alive for 5 minutes on bikes. Sucks. cry
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Clutch RinoClutch Rino929,635
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 00:16
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    It's a shame I'll never complete this due to requirements that are completely out of my hands. I'll never find two other people to play Battletoads in the same room, much less get them together long enough to stay alive for 5 minutes on bikes. Sucks. cry
    Maybe if people bitch enough they will add online
  • GREGO McGEEGREGO McGEE2,333,419
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 00:44
    Strange how much money these games cost to make but somehow adding online play is still an afterthought. It's 2020 ffs
  • FoogaFooga1,606,651
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 00:47
    No online means I'll be giving this a skip. Such a dumb idea not to include that.
  • EdweirddEdweirdd446,710
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 01:05
    Nice that they have couch co-op, but they could have also added an online MP as well.

Also, nice to see reviews hopefully picking back up on this site. It's been kind of baron in the review department on TA.
  • KARMAgoesHARDKARMAgoesHARD1,018,270
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 01:05
    Does player 2 and player 3 also unlock achievements?
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 01:18
    Just played the first couple levels and I have to say, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. The art style looks much more impressive than it did in the trailers, the humor is pretty funny, and the gameplay is varied. Sucks that I won't ever 100% it, but I still recommend checking it out.
  • mkdfanmkdfan740,591
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 01:33
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    I’m looking forward to playing it (on my alt account thanks to those cheevos).
  • CRZYSPZCRZYSPZ624,638
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 02:09
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    I got you man. Just give me about 3 weeks and the will to leave the state of Minnesota....
    Alright, sorry bro, its probably not happening. lol
  • uyadaddyssonuyadaddysson108,276
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 02:16
    Cant wait to couch coop with my 9 and 10 year old. Sounds like itll be over too soon however
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 02:50
    CRZYSPZ said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    I got you man. Just give me about 3 weeks and the will to leave the state of Minnesota....
    Alright, sorry bro, its probably not happening. lol
    From the things I read about going on over there, you might have to actually escape the state like a Minnesota Snake Plissken.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • BIG SH0RTYBIG SH0RTY499,040
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 02:54
    I just don't get how one of Microsoft's major first party developers can release a game without online play, even if they had to go the Streets of Rage 4 route and limit online to 2 players. But, the Scott Pilgrim game did get an update and add online later on after it's release, so it's possible.
  • KexolKexol425,040
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 02:59
    Looks like a fun game to play but the co-op achievements would be tough to get. I mean...I can convince friends and family to come over to play Just Dance but I could never get them to play a game like this.
  • ComicKaze23ComicKaze23289,238
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 03:01
    I dunno, they sound like cheese-able achievements if you have a couple of spare controllers. Doesn't state that all 3 need to be on the bikes for 5 minutes straight, you could maybe reload over and over until it pops. Gonna look into it once the game installs.
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 03:14
    I'll check it out on an alt account. If they add online eventually I'll aim to master it on my main with a few of you fine folks.
    Walk the plank Rebel scum!
  • David BorhiDavid Borhi391,137
    Posted on 20 August 20 at 03:32
    A solution for the co-op achievements could possibly be if Microsoft adds something like remote-play on steam for Xbox Series X. But yeah, not buying controllers for an achievement lol
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 03:42
    ComicKaze23 said:
    I dunno, they sound like cheese-able achievements if you have a couple of spare controllers. Doesn't state that all 3 need to be on the bikes for 5 minutes straight, you could maybe reload over and over until it pops. Gonna look into it once the game installs.
    If that's the case, then it's manageable. It'll be annoying as hell but doable. I have 3 controllers but I'm not Doctor Octopus.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 20 at 03:45
    TA should make it so we can make actual, physical gaming sessions, locally lol.

The host has the session at his/her house and invites TA members in the same state/province/country over for couch co-op achievement hunting haha.
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 03:50
    How hard is this game compared to like Cuphead or Dark Souls? The old Battletoads has a bit of a reputation lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.