Game Discussion: Infinite Undiscovery Forum

Help Thread

AuthorMessage
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 12 December 08 at 04:02
I've pretty much conquered this game, if you need help with anything post here or check out my solutions. Happy hunting!
TA Clan - No worries, game happy!
smudged horizon
Posted on 13 October 09 at 17:47, Edited on 14 October 09 at 19:46 by smudged horizon
Crimson my friend, tell me infinity mode gets easier!?! I'm tearing my hair out over the very first bit in Graad Prison! Finally got past those two evil guards, after a good couple of hours of practising my deflect drives, but now I'm pretty much stuck on the stair run and honestly feel like eating the disc!!

UPDATE: Finally got past the stairs with Aya still alive, and we both died horribly inches from the save point laugh The next time I actually made it though, and literally RAN through Graad Woods. It's so much easier now, but wow that first bit was lethal!
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 20 October 09 at 15:21
Yeah I know that Graad Prison bit is crazy hard, I also died right at the door one time and was so pissed. Most of it is luck I believe.

As far as Infinity Mode goes, its not really all that hard if you keep up with your crafting new weapons and armor (makes it WAY easier if you download the vouchers from the martketplace, they are free).

If you don't keep up with your crafting you will get slaughtered by certain bosses. Other than that its not something you won't be able to handle with patience and practice, that is until you make it to the Seraphic Gate :). Prepare for pure hell, especially once you make it to the Queen.
~TA Clan~ Your achievements are belong to us!
smudged horizon
Posted on 21 October 09 at 02:29
Hahaha you posted that just in time for me to say yep, at the seraphic gate now!

Just nearly got owned by the wyvern in the luce plains section and I was definitely not expecting it to be that much harder! Going to source out some malus wood and get Ed his Karathos blade, swallow my sword envy and maybe hide behind him a little laugh

On to the level grinding... 150 to go! Did you spam those memoir things Crimson, or do it the old fashioned way?
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 21 October 09 at 09:52
No actually I never spammed the Memoirs, old fashioned all the way, I think my characters were in their upper 180's when I took out the Queen, doing the Memoir thing would take an edge off though.

I did Compulsive on my infinity playthrough and got sick of trying to get those damn dragon fangs, so didn't spam them lol
smudged horizon
Posted on 21 October 09 at 17:07
Haha yep, I did compulsive on hard (in case I messed up, so still had infinite playthrough to fall back on) an those dragon fangs for all the skill books completely did my head in. Was Lv 192 for the Queen on hard and walked all over her admittedly, an if you managed at lv 180/190 on infinite im thinking probably lv 255 will be complete overkill anyway.
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 21 October 09 at 20:07
Yeah I had quite a tough time at 180/190 and the fight took over an hour, upping to 255 should help quite a bit.

At that time I just wanted to finish it lol

Have you gotten Filthy Rich yet? That was my last cheevo, such a long boring grind ung
smudged horizon
Posted on 21 October 09 at 23:53
Yeh I got it on hard, was intending to do it on infinite, but realised that the 3x gold no exp enchant wasnt going to help me level up an i had a TON of shite from doing compulsive to sell (made about 30mil just from that) then just spammed the mimic in the SG, but yeh - was SOOOOOOO immensely boring, definitely the worst part of the game so far.

Level 152 and just got pasted by Gabriel Celeste, he pretty much 1 hit KOd all my team with that evil lightning jobby. Eugene had anti magic too so no idea what was up with that *sulks*
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 22 October 09 at 16:57
yeah that lightning attack is considered non-elemental so any anti-magic gear doesn't do anything, I had 3 guys with anti-magic stuff and still got whomped by it over and over

What characters are you using?
smudged horizon
Posted on 22 October 09 at 20:04
I started using Ed (I'm a sucker for a beasty sword), Eugene, and Aya but Aya kept kicking the bucket so switched out to Siggy, but even though I'd given him Karathos wristband and wisdom coin he was still over 40 levels lower so that didn't work out either, so eventually went with Balbagan and took the beast stick approach.

I hung back like a pussy and just spammed miraculous medicines tbh, and Eugene's geoclaw and astro helped, finally beat him then it was near enough a straight run to the queen... who proceded to DESTROY ME over and over.

I finally beat her, but tbh I got lucky, everyone but Eugene was dead and my screen had black closing in and Eugene seemed to have glitched as he was just running in a circle and I'm hysterical shouting REVIVE ME YOU TART - he revives Ed literally seconds before he finally died, and Ed bless him brought me back not a second too soon, then thorn rained her cheap accused spamming arse and she died!! I nearly cried!
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 23 October 09 at 13:55
I have huge sword syndrome as well lol. I had Ed, Eugene, and Kamachi.

Congrats on taking out the Queen though! An achievement very few people have obtained, but you lowered my ratio cry
smudged horizon
Posted on 23 October 09 at 15:35
LOL aww Crimson laugh bad time to tell you I picked up Blue Dragon the other day?

I liked Komachi she was really cute but she pissed me off with her weapon crafting list on hard (TWO of each aaarrrgh) so I didnt want to go anywhere near her on infinite.
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 28 October 09 at 11:57
*gasp* How dare you! lol Just stay away from Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey... thats if you haven't already.
smudged horizon
Posted on 30 October 09 at 04:46
Eternal Sonata *guilty* but haven't played Lost Odyssey...yet hehehe ;)
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 31 October 09 at 22:56
Gah I knew they couldn't hide from you forever!
Expertiize
Expertiize
Posted on 27 December 09 at 07:54
um i just got the game and plan on maxing it got any beginner advice, recommendations, tips?
zr122
zr122
Posted on 31 December 09 at 22:54
Play through the game once on Normal to familiarize yourself with it. Do what you want to, and don't worry about maximizing it. That can wait for later playthroughs, as you'll need to beat the game three times on increasing difficulties to get 1000G. Other than that, make sure you level up regularly and get the newest weapons and armor at every city. Pretty standard stuff, really.
zr122.wordpress.com
COA Negative
COA Negative
Posted on 26 March 10 at 02:45
I can't get past the door where you need to bring a viper and bat to the door in the beginning. I feel so stupid right now, as its probably the most obvious thing that ive missed
Thats what Beanpotter Said!
thejewk
thejewk
Posted on 27 March 10 at 17:59
That bit is horrible design and I'm afraid I can't remember the specifics. You need to use the link skill on one of the little shi... I mean kids and make them play a pipe-dance.
COA Negative
COA Negative
Posted on 28 March 10 at 00:14
Ahh thanks, that games ruining my completion right now, since I can't get past that part. And completion is crucial for me right now, as I have a goal to beat my friends, whos is 10% higher than mine
Thats what Beanpotter Said!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.