Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 25th, 2020

• atryeu1atryeu1314,813
    Posted on 25 August 20 at 23:32
    FreshAspek said:
    atryeu1 said:
    FreshAspek said:
    Dombine said:
    No 360 Sale?
    I think there is a sale according to xbox.com but not sure why it hasn't been picked up yet?
    I'm wondering where they are also... Going to the Sales page I do notice before I apply the 360 filter there are 2 DLCs for a 360 game showing there but when I use the filter they are not showing under Xbox 360. Scrolling down the 1st page of X1 filters I see some other 360 game called "Asteroids & Deluxe", at least the image says it's 360. There is no achievement page for it on the site here though and the store link appears to go to the X1 store instead of 360. Does this mean there are other 360 games not being put into the correct filter now and if the links are going to the X1 store can they not be purchased and played on 360 anymore? Editing to add there is another game on the first page with a 360 box art called "Bloodforge" with no achievement page and an X1 store link also. I'm not going through 7 pages of X1 games to find others. I only want the list of 360 that are on sale :(
    Dude something super weird is going on.

You'll notice that Faery: Legends of Avalon is listed above. I think this is because its BC. But none of non-BC games got picked up.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold

According to the Xbox site, the following 360 games are on sale:

Rotastic
    Things on Wheels
    Faery: Legends of Avalon (*listed above)
    Black Knight Sword
    Destroy all Humans! Path of the Furon
    MX v. ATV Alive
    Rocket Riot
    Spongebob Squarepants: Underpants Slam!

Hope someone can figure it out soon. I rely on TA exclusively for sales info and hope to keep it that way :)
    Same thing here. Xbox 360 never gives you the full sale info anymore so I rely on TA to find those sales. I still have things I want to buy and would like to know if they go on sale :(
  • Tatl360Tatl360334,356
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 04:31
    atryeu1 said:
    FreshAspek said:
    atryeu1 said:
    I'm wondering where they are also... Going to the Sales page I do notice before I apply the 360 filter there are 2 DLCs for a 360 game showing there but when I use the filter they are not showing under Xbox 360. Scrolling down the 1st page of X1 filters I see some other 360 game called "Asteroids & Deluxe", at least the image says it's 360. There is no achievement page for it on the site here though and the store link appears to go to the X1 store instead of 360. Does this mean there are other 360 games not being put into the correct filter now and if the links are going to the X1 store can they not be purchased and played on 360 anymore? Editing to add there is another game on the first page with a 360 box art called "Bloodforge" with no achievement page and an X1 store link also. I'm not going through 7 pages of X1 games to find others. I only want the list of 360 that are on sale :(

You'll notice that Faery: Legends of Avalon is listed above. I think this is because its BC. But none of non-BC games got picked up.

Rotastic
    Things on Wheels
    Black Knight Sword
    MX v. ATV Alive
    Rocket Riot

Hope someone can figure it out soon. I rely on TA exclusively for sales info and hope to keep it that way :)
    Same thing here. Xbox 360 never gives you the full sale info anymore so I rely on TA to find those sales. I still have things I want to buy and would like to know if they go on sale :(
    I believe the Xbox 360 block is "Deals with Gold", so "Spotlight" sales don't appear there?

For example, when on Deals with Gold, they show the previous price and the Gold price.
    These appear on the Xbox 360 Deals with Gold block.

Examples:
    Black Knight Sword is on sale and currently on the block.
    Lego Batman 2 changed its price and it's not on the block.

Now for those two games you described above, Asteroids and Bloodforge, they appear to be on sale on the Xbox One Store, but not on the 360 store. It's probably the first time we see this.
  • ChettlarChettlar226,598
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 04:33
    HUN playmore said:
    Chettlar said:
    Hold up what? Where did you read support of the xbox 360 will end in April 2021?
    I hope this link works
    Xbox 2020 Ultimate Sale is live now
    ...so literally just someone not even from Microsoft saying that in less than a year Microsoft will just drop support for the 360 store without even saying anything, dropping hundreds of games from sale? How would they benefit from that? They're just doing this for xbox one owners. It's been a point of feedback for a long time that people want to be able to use Xbox credit towards 360 games. This is the only way that can happen.

Even Windows Phone 10 got longer than a year announcement, and its store still works!

Why would I take this seriously exactly?
  • atryeu1atryeu1314,813
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 06:46
    Tatl360 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    FreshAspek said:
    atryeu1 said:

Rotastic
    Things on Wheels
    Black Knight Sword
    MX v. ATV Alive
    Rocket Riot

I believe the Xbox 360 block is "Deals with Gold", so "Spotlight" sales don't appear there?

For example, when on Deals with Gold, they show the previous price and the Gold price.
    These appear on the Xbox 360 Deals with Gold block.

Examples:
    Black Knight Sword is on sale and currently on the block.
    Lego Batman 2 changed its price and it's not on the block.

Now for those two games you described above, Asteroids and Bloodforge, they appear to be on sale on the Xbox One Store, but not on the 360 store. It's probably the first time we see this.
    The Spolight (or other sales) used to have their own tile on 360 though on the Games tab and that stopped so many months ago so we only see part of the sales. It's why I rely on TA for sale info so I know what's on sale and their prices then I have to do a search on 360 to find the game/dlc.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,360,895
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 06:48
    Chettlar said:
    ...so literally just someone not even from Microsoft saying that in less than a year Microsoft will just drop support for the 360 store without even saying anything, dropping hundreds of games from sale? How would they benefit from that? They're just doing this for xbox one owners. It's been a point of feedback for a long time that people want to be able to use Xbox credit towards 360 games. This is the only way that can happen.

Even Windows Phone 10 got longer than a year announcement, and its store still works!

He says they might close down the 360 store for non BC games and it is worth to keep in mind their official support will end next year. As for announcements MS killed Mixer in a month so I wouldn't rule out anything. You don't have to take it seriously of course. It is just something that could happen.
  • ChettlarChettlar226,598
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 20:52
    HUN playmore said:
    Chettlar said:

He says they might close down the 360 store for non BC games and it is worth to keep in mind their official support will end next year. As for announcements MS killed Mixer in a month so I wouldn't rule out anything. You don't have to take it seriously of course. It is just something that could happen.
    The bolded is what I asked for a source on
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.