Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Tell Me Why review (spoiler-free)

• CanezzaCanezza103,434
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:00
    Tell Me Why's story isn't as emotional as previous Dontnod games, but you'll still find yourself caught up in some of the more intense moments. Here is our spoiler-free review of Dontnod's latest narrative adventure.

Please click here to read the full story: Tell Me Why review (spoiler-free)
  • BlakManDanBlakManDan743,799
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:07
    No achievements?
  • ShinnizleShinnizle972,256
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:10
    BlakManDan said:
    No achievements?
    The reviewer spent about 12 hours exploring Delos County and unravelling Tell Me Why's mysteries. Achievements were only live for the first chapter of the game, but the list was not viewable. The game was played on an Xbox One S and a PC consisting of an i7 7700k, GTX 1080ti and 16GB of RAM. A code was provided by Microsoft for this review.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • AstariahAstariah1,065,808
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:14
    Tell me why this review is nothing but a heartache
    If you love old retro games with achievements, retroachievements.org is where I go and chrono trigger there has achievements
  • Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:16
    Shinnizle said:
    BlakManDan said:
    No achievements?
    The reviewer spent about 12 hours exploring Delos County and unravelling Tell Me Why's mysteries. Achievements were only live for the first chapter of the game, but the list was not viewable. The game was played on an Xbox One S and a PC consisting of an i7 7700k, GTX 1080ti and 16GB of RAM. A code was provided by Microsoft for this review.
    What exactly does that mean, though? I'm downloading this right now on Windows, if I unlock an achievement what will it say? "Achievement Unlocked, but you're not allowed to see what it is?"
  • BlakManDanBlakManDan743,799
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:22
    I have just got the first achievement but I cannot see the list. Weird. Just wanted to see if there was one for collectibles or specific things to do.
  • CanezzaCanezza103,434
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:42
    all of the fish said:
    Shinnizle said:
    BlakManDan said:
    No achievements?
    What exactly does that mean, though? I'm downloading this right now on Windows, if I unlock an achievement what will it say? "Achievement Unlocked, but you're not allowed to see what it is?"
    Pretty much that. The notification pops up, but when I was playing through the first chapter a couple of days ago the list wasn't live, so I couldn't see the full chapter 1 list.

From what I remember, there are collectables, main-storyline and I think achievements for solving puzzles which can be missed. Although I couldn't see what the achievements were in later chapters, I'm fairly convinced this will be an easy completion.
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:48
    Canezza said:
    all of the fish said:
    Shinnizle said:
    BlakManDan said:
    No achievements?
    Pretty much that. The notification pops up, but when I was playing through the first chapter a couple of days ago the list wasn't live, so I couldn't see the full chapter 1 list.

From what I remember, there are collectables, main-storyline and I think achievements for solving puzzles which can be missed. Although I couldn't see what the achievements were in later chapters, I'm fairly convinced this will be an easy completion.
    Gotcha. Looking forward to playing this, thanks for the great spoiler-free writeup.
  • brunopcosta1brunopcosta1286,020
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:49
    There are missable achievements. Just got one from sitting on a bench and talking to the twin instead of entering the house (right after the ferry).
  • Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:51
    1st game was interesting, 2nd game was trash, this one is a hard pass for me.
    Kungfu Monk3y
  • Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:52
    Are all three chapters available from the get go?
  • Dale BaldwinDale Baldwin1,883,665
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:56
    No, they're being released a week apart.
  • tjw CENA2000tjw CENA2000348,390
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 17:00
    brunopcosta1 said:
    There are missable achievements. Just got one from sitting on a bench and talking to the twin instead of entering the house (right after the ferry).
    Does the achievement adds up to your gamerscore even? An, does anyone know if it'll still count towards the weekly rewards set for getting 3 achievements?
  • Dale BaldwinDale Baldwin1,883,665
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 17:05
    They should act as normal now they're visible.
  • Thief000Thief000807,482
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 17:24
    Had a feeling it would be less memorable than LiS, it's been going on a downward slope for them a bit since the first game. I'll probably still play it when it's completely released though.
  • Posted on 27 August 20 at 17:45
    Is the sequel going to be called, I want it that way....
  • IINUMB3R44IINUMB3R44387,572
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 18:40
    hard pass from me
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,222,480
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 20:13
    I really liked the first LiS but now it is obvious - just like with TWD - they can never get anywhere near to the original. It just doesn't work with other characters and situations.
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,274,089
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 23:16
    Once the achievement issue is sorted out I will give it a go. LiS2 wasn't nearly as good as the first game but I felt it got better as it went on. Pretty much once you got through the first 2 chapters it was a solid game.
  • LeGagnanLeGagnan375,565
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 23:38
    I'm enjoying the game. Probably won't be as good as LiS, but so far is way better than LiS2. Let's see how the other two episodes go.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.