The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: September 1st, 2020

  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead562,333
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 18:48, Edited on 01 September 20 at 19:10 by HolyHalfDead
    People need to stop thinking of it as the Xbox One store - it is the “Xbox Store”. You need to check the specs section to see which Xbox console(s) a game will work on - just like you do for PC. Or do you think Microsoft will be setting up a new store for the Xbox Series?

    Want filters? TA has filters - Latest Xbox Sales

    If TA were to split the sales up, here’s something to think about. For the Xbox Series games that are forward compatible (aka Smart Delivery), would you list them in the Xbox Series sale or the Xbox One sale? If your answer is both, why should backward compatible games be any different?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 01 September 20 at 18:53
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Jesus it's going to take 60 minutes just to comb thru this list. I get why the 360 stuff is added now but its really getting crazy. Can we please get the "not interested" button right under the "wish list" button? Would really love not seeing these Assasins Creed and Tom Clancy crap every single week. Just let me block it already. Been asking for 3 years... whats the problem? roll
    This has already been answered by Rich here Does TA staff really care about our ideas?!

    Basically articles cannot be personalised to a user as they're not just rendered onsite.
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou265,477
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 19:04
    AtlantisRhythm said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Jesus it's going to take 60 minutes just to comb thru this list. I get why the 360 stuff is added now but its really getting crazy. Can we please get the "not interested" button right under the "wish list" button? Would really love not seeing these Assasins Creed and Tom Clancy crap every single week. Just let me block it already. Been asking for 3 years... whats the problem? roll
    This has already been answered by Rich here Does TA staff really care about our ideas?!

    Basically articles cannot be personalised to a user as they're not just rendered onsite.
    Damn, that blows chunks. I knew the other method but the sales tab always takes you back to the start when you back out of a game so I don't use it. It's very unfortunate. Thanks for letting me know thou bad news is always better than being ignored. toast
  • rippercitorippercito342,717
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 19:43
    Here we go again.

    Last sale immortal unchained complete with all DLC 20€ but I own the game physical and the 3 dlc are more than 22€ If you buy them apart. No way I am paying for the game again. Come on!!! Drop the dlc price.

    And this sale they do the same with warhammer inquisitor. Even if I own the physical imperium edition the new prophecy Dlc no drop but the complete edition below 18€. And the 3 dlc I am missing are 29€. Why arent they dropping this dlc as well?
    Lord ot the Demon Staff....
  • Posted on 01 September 20 at 20:35
    HolyHalfDead said:
    People need to stop thinking of it as the Xbox One store - it is the “Xbox Store”. You need to check the specs section to see which Xbox console(s) a game will work on - just like you do for PC. Or do you think Microsoft will be setting up a new store for the Xbox Series?

    Want filters? TA has filters - Latest Xbox Sales

    If TA were to split the sales up, here’s something to think about. For the Xbox Series games that are forward compatible (aka Smart Delivery), would you list them in the Xbox Series sale or the Xbox One sale? If your answer is both, why should backward compatible games be any different?
    toast I swear, no matter what, people will find a reason to bitch.
    In other news....
    Prince of Persia Classic....... Now there is a game that will test your commitment/fortitude/life choices angry
  • Tatl360Tatl360282,349
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 21:00
    HolyHalfDead said:
    People need to stop thinking of it as the Xbox One store - it is the “Xbox Store”. You need to check the specs section to see which Xbox console(s) a game will work on - just like you do for PC. Or do you think Microsoft will be setting up a new store for the Xbox Series?

    Want filters? TA has filters - Latest Xbox Sales

    If TA were to split the sales up, here’s something to think about. For the Xbox Series games that are forward compatible (aka Smart Delivery), would you list them in the Xbox Series sale or the Xbox One sale? If your answer is both, why should backward compatible games be any different?
    TA is a bit behind since the Windows 10 games are here on the "Xbox One Sale Roundup" laugh
    Now it's "Everything Sale Roundup" in one, and Xbox 360 on the other.

    Also the filters only work after the Xbox 360 sales appear, so some impatient people will still complain about the filters not working and seeing the Xbox 360 covers in the Xbox One filter.
  • trevq1trevq1227,118
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 21:40
    Meh, seems to be the same games on sale as always. Sucks when you have so many of them already! haha
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom315,855
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 23:12
    Oh wow never knew (or maybe I just forgot) that ezio trilogy games had xbox one versions. Are brotherhood & revelations as good as 1 & 2? I would love to have an excuse to play 2 again for the achievements but don't want to waste the money if 2 out of the 3 aren't good.
  • DannyK 100DannyK 100222,378
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 04:26
    Might as well grab Blood Dragon for the Far Cry backlog
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike169,868
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 06:35
    flashisdoom said:
    Oh wow never knew (or maybe I just forgot) that ezio trilogy games had xbox one versions. Are brotherhood & revelations as good as 1 & 2? I would love to have an excuse to play 2 again for the achievements but don't want to waste the money if 2 out of the 3 aren't good.
    Brotherhood is excellent. The bar was set high and this is a worthy sequel. You will definitely enjoy Brotherhood. Revelations was a chore for me. Clearly weaker than the previous two but not without highlights. Worth it for Brotherhood and you may as well complete the story while you are there.

    I'll just mention they're cutting it close with the Hoonigan pack for Forza Horizon 3. I was hoping to see it this week. Time's running out. Are they really sticking with that full price for the whole of it's life in the store here? Not long left but I'll wait until the final week of availability.
    Less work, more play!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead562,333
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 12:08
    ShokuPanMike said:
    I'll just mention they're cutting it close with the Hoonigan pack for Forza Horizon 3. I was hoping to see it this week. Time's running out. Are they really sticking with that full price for the whole of it's life in the store here?
    Except for those that got it free with FM7, or got it cheap in the complete DLC bundle.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead562,333
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 12:13
    ShokuPanMike said:
    flashisdoom said:
    Oh wow never knew (or maybe I just forgot) that ezio trilogy games had xbox one versions. Are brotherhood & revelations as good as 1 & 2? I would love to have an excuse to play 2 again for the achievements but don't want to waste the money if 2 out of the 3 aren't good.
    Brotherhood is excellent. The bar was set high and this is a worthy sequel. You will definitely enjoy Brotherhood. Revelations was a chore for me. Clearly weaker than the previous two but not without highlights. Worth it for Brotherhood and you may as well complete the story while you are there .
    Agreed. Since you thought AC1 was good (many people new to the series hate it) you will love AC2:B - it was my favourite for years. AC2:R gives some closure to the first 2 games.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • PabloUK85PabloUK85559,217
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 14:18
    What's the point of them making Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune available to purchase in the UK, only to put it on sale exclusively in the US every single time? Absolutely stupid
    https://thelonelycornerflag.blogspot.com - feel free to check it out if you like football/soccer
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm436,153
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 15:05
    Debris is still overpriced at 3.24 USD
  • Iggsy81Iggsy81370,690
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 18:23
    PabloUK85 said:
    What's the point of them making Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune available to purchase in the UK, only to put it on sale exclusively in the US every single time? Absolutely stupid
    Yeah i can't get scrabble either, annoying (Aussie here).
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom315,855
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 19:25
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ShokuPanMike said:
    flashisdoom said:
    Oh wow never knew (or maybe I just forgot) that ezio trilogy games had xbox one versions. Are brotherhood & revelations as good as 1 & 2? I would love to have an excuse to play 2 again for the achievements but don't want to waste the money if 2 out of the 3 aren't good.
    Brotherhood is excellent. The bar was set high and this is a worthy sequel. You will definitely enjoy Brotherhood. Revelations was a chore for me. Clearly weaker than the previous two but not without highlights. Worth it for Brotherhood and you may as well complete the story while you are there .
    Agreed. Since you thought AC1 was good (many people new to the series hate it) you will love AC2:B - it was my favourite for years. AC2:R gives some closure to the first 2 games.
    Alright thanks guys, looks like I'll be buying the ezio collection. Also getting Albedo, Monopoly Family Fun Pack & 2urvive. Might also get child of light since I've heard great things about it. We'll see
  • Posted on 02 September 20 at 20:52
    CM Trance said:
    m6wg4bxw said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    spankyNspronkle said:
    That Indie Shmup Bundle from eastasiasoft is nice!

    3 one hour completions for $7!
    I think you're seeing things.
    I think this is it.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/eastasiasoft-indie-shmup-b...
    I'd buy it if it wasn't ugly as hell...
    Same here. It's great if you're solely in it for the GS, but I'd rather spend the $7 on something actually worth playing even some Ratalaika games are more worthwhile.
    This space for rent.
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom315,855
    Posted on 06 September 20 at 07:56
    MrZombieChicken said:
    CM Trance said:
    m6wg4bxw said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    spankyNspronkle said:
    That Indie Shmup Bundle from eastasiasoft is nice!

    3 one hour completions for $7!
    I think you're seeing things.
    I think this is it.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/eastasiasoft-indie-shmup-b...
    I'd buy it if it wasn't ugly as hell...
    Same here. It's great if you're solely in it for the GS, but I'd rather spend the $7 on something actually worth playing even some Ratalaika games are more worthwhile.
    I think basing a game solely on looks is pretty silly tbh. Got the full 1000 in null drifter in less than 30 mins and it was pretty fun. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
  • PabloUK85PabloUK85559,217
    Posted on 06 September 20 at 20:19
    Iggsy81 said:
    PabloUK85 said:
    What's the point of them making Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune available to purchase in the UK, only to put it on sale exclusively in the US every single time? Absolutely stupid
    Yeah i can't get scrabble either, annoying (Aussie here).
    The way it's going, will have to get extremely lucky and come across someone in America that could gift it to me and I would pay them back via paypal or something. It's been on sale before in the UK but never as much as 75% which has always been locked to the US only
    https://thelonelycornerflag.blogspot.com - feel free to check it out if you like football/soccer
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead562,333
    Posted on 07 September 20 at 09:25
    PabloUK85 said:
    Iggsy81 said:
    PabloUK85 said:
    What's the point of them making Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune available to purchase in the UK, only to put it on sale exclusively in the US every single time? Absolutely stupid
    Yeah i can't get scrabble either, annoying (Aussie here).
    The way it's going, will have to get extremely lucky and come across someone in America that could gift it to me and I would pay them back via paypal or something. It's been on sale before in the UK but never as much as 75% which has always been locked to the US only
    You cannot gift between regions (the codes are region locked)

    However you can put $10 USD on your account and pay with that.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.