Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass gets nine new games in September

• Goggs25Goggs251,364,344
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 04:28
    Nothing for me. Would like to play Disgaea 4 on Xbox but as usual we get fucked over when it comes to jrpgs
    Goggs25
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,233,708
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 07:48
    Might try Hotshot Racing
  • GoingWeevilGoingWeevil618,654
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 11:32
    Cluxsy said:
    Biohazard should allow co-op i don’t understand how a horror game can’t do that. Imagine how many more sales it would get.
    Oh hell no. Resident Evil is about survival. That becomes far too easy with a partner. Re5 and 6 are rated lower because of this, we spent years wishing, hoping, pleading with Capcom to take it back to its routes, which means no co-op. You clearly don't get horror games if you want co-op in them. Its a feature they should never have, as well as multiplayer. Resident Evil, Silent Hill and other classic horror games would not remembered so fondly if they had co-op.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899384,580
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 11:35, Edited on 02 September 20 at 11:36 by Darklord1899
    It would be really good if they could put out some more single player content for Gears 5. Or give the up and coming Outer Worlds DLC away for free. that would be things to look forward to.

RE7. Reminds me too much of Outlast. Destiny 2 already played it loads. So nothing for me... how about a port of Shadow of Chernobyl for Xbox1?

That is me I want the impossible or I just want less indie titles and more triple A.

Played Wasteland 3.. lasted about 5 mins then I saw it was another Rts. Hard enough playing through Gears Tactics.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899384,580
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 11:38
    GoingWeevil said:
    Cluxsy said:
    Biohazard should allow co-op i don’t understand how a horror game can’t do that. Imagine how many more sales it would get.
    Oh hell no. Resident Evil is about survival. That becomes far too easy with a partner. Re5 and 6 are rated lower because of this, we spent years wishing, hoping, pleading with Capcom to take it back to its routes, which means no co-op. You clearly don't get horror games if you want co-op in them. Its a feature they should never have, as well as multiplayer. Resident Evil, Silent Hill and other classic horror games would not remembered so fondly if they had co-op.
    On the strength of this I will give RE7 another go. Just need to pop my disc in or wait until tomorrow.... then get chased around by a family of inbreds. I did think that 5 and 6 were low points for the series.
  • Posted on 02 September 20 at 12:53
    Darklord1899 said:
    GoingWeevil said:
    Cluxsy said:
    On the strength of this I will give RE7 another go. Just need to pop my disc in or wait until tomorrow.... then get chased around by a family of inbreds. I did think that 5 and 6 were low points for the series.
    You should totally have another go at RE7, especially if you liked the earlier games in the franchise or the more recent remakes of 2 and 3. RE7 is like a return to form after more than a decade of RE games that focussed more on action than horror.
    Remember when RoboCop shot that dude in the dick?
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL662,205
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 13:25
    Hopefully I can play RE7 in a dark room on my new TV smile
  • SeitzzSeitzz974,635
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 14:00
    None that look immediately appealing, but I'll keep an eye on a few of these and see how they are in a few weeks. Maybe the pc version of WWZ, but it seems like the game has become a bit of a grind to complete.
  • Posted on 02 September 20 at 14:25, Edited on 02 September 20 at 14:26 by MaurickShepherd
    GoingWeevil said:
    Cluxsy said:
    On the contrary, Resident Evil 5 is pretty well-rated (aggregate of 83-84 on Metacritic) because of how well the co-op is integrated. The issue RE ran into wasn't co-op, but the action-focused set pieces and storytelling. RE5 it wasn't terrible (*insert rock punch meme*) but 6 was just way too much of an attempt to appeal to a larger audience.

So perhaps co-op wouldn't be the undoing of a good survival game.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm434,431
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 15:07
    I normally wouldn't buy Touhou Luna Nights but, since it's on GamePass, I think I'll check it out.
  • LoximLoxim668,031
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 17:20
    Hot damn, a few rpg's in this month. Can't wait to give them a try.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,173,261
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 17:47
    Cluxsy said:
    Hey that's a great idea!

Oh no, wait; it isn't.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • ShazamFTWShazamFTW625,103
    Posted on 02 September 20 at 19:26
    so when I owned my PS2, Disgaea was my favorite game. But I'm not going to play it on PC... is it even available for Xbox? :(
  • Posted on 03 September 20 at 10:32
    I don't know is this considered a good month? Nothing here that interests me unfortunately.
  • Lord RoAlJoLord RoAlJo152,663
    Posted on 03 September 20 at 12:41
    Slightly mad I brought RE7 and then the next day they announced it was being added to the pass.
  • Posted on 03 September 20 at 16:34
    MaurickShepherd said:
    GoingWeevil said:
    Cluxsy said:
    On the contrary, Resident Evil 5 is pretty well-rated (aggregate of 83-84 on Metacritic) because of how well the co-op is integrated. The issue RE ran into wasn't co-op, but the action-focused set pieces and storytelling. RE5 it wasn't terrible (*insert rock punch meme*) but 6 was just way too much of an attempt to appeal to a larger audience.

So perhaps co-op wouldn't be the undoing of a good survival game.
    RE5 was utter trash compared to RE4, a large part of that was because of co op.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,074,251
    Posted on 03 September 20 at 21:24
    Looking forward to jack box 4
  • Posted on 04 September 20 at 16:28
    Sandman Prime said:
    RE5 was utter trash compared to RE4, a large part of that was because of co op.
    To each their own. I thought the co-op was fine, but the partner AI you were left with if you didn't have someone online to play with was very underwhelming and unhelpful.
  • Posted on 04 September 20 at 23:18
    Cant be bothered when any of these. What about NBA2K21? They just removed 2K20 so when is "2K21 coming? Im not going to make the same mistake like last year of buying it and then seeing it on GamePass after. :-(
    Skål! YNWA!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.