Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Touhou Luna Nights: Game Pass first impressions

• ShinnizleShinnizle1,105,121
    Posted on 04 September 20 at 16:10
    I'm liking this new type of article very much!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,605,850
    Posted on 04 September 20 at 16:26
    some kind of waifu-centric visual novel
    I feel personally attacked.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • uyadaddyssonuyadaddysson112,230
    Posted on 04 September 20 at 16:28
    I like this style of article as well. I've played for about an hour and im enjoying it. I changed the button layout immediately too lol.

The only thing im not enjoying is the enemy placement each time you enter a room. Feels way too static for some reason. Same enemies in the same rooms, same placement. Hopefully this game wont involve too much backtracking.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666184,175
    Posted on 04 September 20 at 16:34
    uyadaddysson said:
    I like this style of article as well. I've played for about an hour and im enjoying it. I changed the button layout immediately too lol.

The only thing im not enjoying is the enemy placement each time you enter a room. Feels way too static for some reason. Same enemies in the same rooms, same placement. Hopefully this game wont involve too much backtracking.
    That type of enemy placement is exactly like every other static metroidvania game.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Posted on 04 September 20 at 17:20
    "Luke put a couple of hours into Touhou Luna Nights on Xbox One, grabbing the first three achievements in the process. He intends to invest a whole lot more time..."

Freedomgirl85 doesnt know how to feel about this style. I intend to not think to much about it
  • supkrissupkris945,622
    Posted on 04 September 20 at 18:22
    Yes I like this idea of article. Though I doubt if any hard pass games might be added to the library. So far there hasn’t been any games of that quality added to GP. Maybe if you don’t like a specific genre then it’s a natural hard pass but review wise it would be a little rude and unfair to rate any gamepass game as hard pass.
  • Posted on 04 September 20 at 18:52
    supkris said:
    Yes I like this idea of article. Though I doubt if any hard pass games might be added to the library.
    I mostly agree with this (and the rest of your post), and it’s more just a case of future-proofing the format. Game Pass obviously has much better quality control than, say, Steam, but you never know when a real dud or something with a game-breaking bug might pop up on there. Also allows us to expand to do shorter write-ups on, say, older games added that might have unobtainable achievements. Hard Pass doesn’t have to reflect the quality of the game, and the text should always explain the thinking behind the choice!
  • AgabaWukyAgabaWuky538,813
    Posted on 04 September 20 at 19:04
    I dig your writing style so far.
  • Posted on 04 September 20 at 20:08
    Like the writing in and style of this, well-done!
    Are you implying, though, that the mangrove crab has some sort of a bullet hell for a digestive system??
    "The love for life is all hatred in disguise -- a carnival creation with masks undone."
  • Posted on 05 September 20 at 00:56
    Reverend M3TA said:
    Like the writing in and style of this, well-done!
    Are you implying, though, that the mangrove crab has some sort of a bullet hell for a digestive system??

Thanks! And for all I know, that could very well be the case. But hey, it’s 2020 and nobody likes boring old facts and lame evidence-backed science any more, so let’s just say yes - that’s exactly how crabs function. Probably.
  • Big Hat PaulBig Hat Paul115,295
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 01:40
    This is awesome! Glad to see these kind of articles. clap
    Join us on the TrueGaming Network Discord! https://discord.gg/bh2c78a
  • RedanianRedanian651,453
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 07:32
    Zorlac0666 said:
    That type of enemy placement is exactly like every other static metroidvania game.
    What the hell is a 'static metroidvania'?
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666184,175
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 07:47
    Redanian said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Symphony of the Night is static meaning it doesn't change when you exit and re-enter a room. So is bloodstained for example.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • RedanianRedanian651,453
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 09:26
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Redanian said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Symphony of the Night is static meaning it doesn't change when you exit and re-enter a room. So is bloodstained for example.
    I don't mean to call you a liar, but I'm fairly certain you just made that definition up.
  • Posted on 05 September 20 at 10:43
    I don't like aiming with the same thumbstick you move with, sucky mechanic that ruins the whole game, left for moving, right for aiming is how it should be. I might try it some more but I doubt it. Respawning enemys every time you re'enter a room is also annoying, considering how small the rooms are. Feels cheap.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,605,850
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 13:08
    Redanian said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Redanian said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    I don't mean to call you a liar, but I'm fairly certain you just made that definition up.
    So they coined a new term! Woohoo!
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven501,191
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 14:08
    iMaginaryy said:
    Redanian said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Redanian said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    So they coined a new term! Woohoo!
    As opposed to "procedurally generated"?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm469,702
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 18:25
    Thanx. Great 'first impressions.' I think I'll play this as soon as I need a game for a gamepass quest.
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn228,506
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 19:22
    i like these "reviews" of Game Pass titles, where a review score is not needed, just a recommendation based on whether you should play this game for free if you have the subscription.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.