Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

What is Xbox All Access? Here's everything you need to know about the finance option

• CanezzaCanezza220,180
  • ChknFingrsChknFingrs1,126,907
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 13:29
    Be great if they released this option to more countries in time for launch. I’d snag one for sure!
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,718,840
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 13:38
    One source says that it's going to be $25 for the $300/month XSS, and $35/month for the $500 XSX. Those are unconfirmed so far.

Decent deal... but I already have 2 years of GPU on my account, so it doesn't make much sense for me.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,917,202
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:23
    My GPU just ran out last month so I'm down for this deal. I wonder if there is an option to pay it off earlier than the 24 months and are you paying for the console and the 2 year GPU all together (let's say $650) or GPU is just a free addon?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,406,762
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:32
    Maxumilli0n said:
    My GPU just ran out last month so I'm down for this deal. I wonder if there is an option to pay it off earlier than the 24 months and are you paying for the console and the 2 year GPU all together (let's say $650) or GPU is just a free addon?
    You pay for the console and 2 years GPU; the cost over the 24 months roughly comes out to the cost of the console + 2 years of GPU over that time (aka it's not going to be $25 a month exactly, but that's a good rounded number for quick comparison). It's just like any other install payment plan you would get on a piece of furniture, a cell phone, a car, etc.; if you want to pay it off early, they can't stop you from doing so.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,000,939
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:33, Edited on 08 September 20 at 14:38 by EarthboundX
    So if I did the math right, 35 bucks times 24 months, that's 840 dollars for the Series X before taxes. So if you do it this way you'll end up paying 240+ bucks extra, not for me. I know it includes 2 years of GPU, but I've yet to pay full price for that.
  • Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:35
    EarthboundX said:
    So if I did the math right, 25 bucks times 24 months, that's 600 dollars. So if you do it this way you'll end up paying 100 bucks extra.

It's an option I guess, not something I have any interest in though.
    Don’t forget you get game pass ultimate included as well though.
    Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:37
    iiAssassinXxii said:
    EarthboundX said:
    So if I did the math right, 25 bucks times 24 months, that's 600 dollars. So if you do it this way you'll end up paying 100 bucks extra.

It's an option I guess, not something I have any interest in though.
    Don’t forget you get game pass ultimate included as well though.
    Yeah, I edited my post since I forgot to add that.
  • jymljyml577,570
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:40
    This whole program is really good to see for those who can't afford the upfront cost ESPECIALLY in the current climate.

Obviously this is basically a finance deal so you will end up paying more but this feels like a smart move by Xbox.
  • MarekidzeMarekidze340,725
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:41
    Sashamorning said:
    One source says that it's going to be $25 for the $300/month XSS, and $35/month for the $500 XSX. Those are unconfirmed so far.

Decent deal... but I already have 2 years of GPU on my account, so it doesn't make much sense for me.
    Not quite shure, were is your point with this? laugh
    "Like The deal is decent, but i can't afroid it, because 2 year Of GPU backlog is holding me back , To buy it? laugh
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:44
    EarthboundX said:
    So if I did the math right, 35 bucks times 24 months, that's 840 dollars for the Series X before taxes. So if you do it this way you'll end up paying 240+ bucks extra, not for me. I know it includes 2 years of GPU, but I've yet to pay full price for that.
    It's getting harder to find discount codes, at least right now.
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:48
    Sashamorning said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Wait doses it include Extra GPU? 14 day trial maybe? laugh
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:48, Edited on 08 September 20 at 14:50 by EarthboundX
    Sashamorning said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Places like Amazon or Newegg tend to have deals a few times a year. Been thinking about letting my GPU fade though. I think it's great, but I already have such a giant backlog of games to play, which I keep constantly interrupting to play games that are leaving GP.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:53
    Will hopefully help some enjoy the Xbox experience who otherwise would struggle
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 14:58
    Don't think they can add full extra sub 10.99£ for 24 months + Console Loant in One Tight Price? Just Ad trick! 14 day code maybe, maybe! laugh
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 15:03, Edited on 08 September 20 at 15:08 by Sashamorning
    Marekidze said:
    Sashamorning said:

"Like The deal is decent, but i can't afroid it, because 2 year Of GPU backlog is holding me back , To buy it? laugh
    You can't have more than 3 years prepaid Gold. I have 2 years, so I won't be able to redeem the 24 months for another year.

Plus it's possible to find discount codes (probably easier to find later). I've also found that if you let the subscription expire, you can add a Gold prepaid code, then covert it to GPU for $1. When I made the switch, I bought 3 years for $120 (actually 2.5 years, but this is close enough), then converted it to GPU for $1. 36 months of GPU is $540, so I saved $420 by doing it in advance.

That basically buys my console.

The All Access for the XSS doesn't makes sense if you can find GPU @ $12.50/month or less. Since base price is $15, any discount would probably be under $12.50.

For the XSX, it's an even worse deal. You'd need to find GPU cheaper than $14.17/month. If you can beat that price, then you're saving money by not doing the bundle.

That said, it's definitely a good deal for people looking to spread out the cost for people who don't go deal shopping for prepaid cards.

XSS = $300 + ($15 * 24 = $360) = $660.
    $25 * 24 = $600, so you're saving $60 in the long run.

XSS = $500 + ($15 * 24 = $360) = $860
    $35 * 24 = $840, so you're saving $20 in the long run.

But again, it doesn't work for me because I can't add 24 months right now, and I'll probably find a deal on GPU later.
  • Posted on 08 September 20 at 15:05
    Still have a year on GPU left and after that would probably just sign up for regular GP since I have no need for xCloud
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,097,812
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 15:07, Edited on 08 September 20 at 15:08 by Seitzz
    No way for me. It's definitely a decent move if you haven't got the funds to lump sum the console, but I'd only take this if it were just for the console. I'm still on 3 years of GPU. You've got to figure a slight part of the plan is throwing in gold/game pass for sure so you're getting all this stuff bundled even if you may not necessarily use and/or want it.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion913,786
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 15:21
    Sashamorning said:
    Marekidze said:
    Sashamorning said:

You can't have more than 3 years prepaid Gold. I have 2 years, so I won't be able to redeem the 24 months for another year.

Plus it's possible to find discount codes (probably easier to find later). I've also found that if you let the subscription expire, you can add a Gold prepaid code, then covert it to GPU for $1. When I made the switch, I bought 3 years for $120 (actually 2.5 years, but this is close enough), then converted it to GPU for $1. 36 months of GPU is $540, so I saved $420 by doing it in advance.

The All Access for the XSS doesn't makes sense if you can find GPU @ $12.50/month or less. Since base price is $15, any discount would probably be under $12.50.

For the XSX, it's an even worse deal. You'd need to find GPU cheaper than $14.17/month. If you can beat that price, then you're saving money by not doing the bundle.

That said, it's definitely a good deal for people looking to spread out the cost for people who don't go deal shopping for prepaid cards.

But again, it doesn't work for me because I can't add 24 months right now, and I'll probably find a deal on GPU later.
    Thanks for all the math, Sasha.

Just thought I'd add that, at least in Canada, Costco always sells GPU for $1 less than MSRP for a 3 month code ($48.99, instead of $49.99). At least a few times a year, they'll have a 50% off sale for the codes...which is $24.50 for 3 months, which is a little over 8 bucks a month. That's a very good deal. The only catch (other rhan having to be a Costco member...I think) is that you can only buy 3 codes per month.

I just make it a habit of checking every week as you never know when the sale will be active.

Costco is a great place to get these codes as: a) their prices are always better AND b) you know the code and the company Costco gets its supply from are legit. CDKEYS has good prices too, but I've heard that their business practices are questionable. I'd hate to mess up my account only to save a few bucks.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
    Posted on 08 September 20 at 15:23
    Sashamorning said:
    Marekidze said:
    Sashamorning said:

Acctually Great Said: toast Guess We all Hope those PrePaid codes will stay there as long, As possible!
    After only Digital Option Codes left, this Deal woud still Be Taged + Console! Too bad not much Contry Options! cry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.