The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: September 15th, 2020

• Timmy LoveTimmy Love210,170
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 13:19
    Flame Haze SnS said:
    Oceanhorn...Been interested in this game for a while now.
    Just got a 100% on Oceanhorn recently. Fun Zelda style game. Be wary of the fishing mini game though since it can be quite frustrating.
  • Posted on 15 September 20 at 14:25
    Buttercup III said:
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    I was hoping for the Forza Horizon 3 Complete Add-Ons Collection
    That doesn’t even exist anymore. It got delisted already.
    That pack only gets listed when it's on sale, then they take it off. You know nothing John Snow.
  • Posted on 15 September 20 at 14:30
    I'll skip this week too. Been a few sales recently but never jumped on them. I can wait for the remainder of the year. Those same games will be on sale in November too so, no rush here.
  • BAYTAN ONEBAYTAN ONE922,139
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 16:46
    Someone has also seen that the game Xbox OG: Armed and dangerous from GWG is not "really free" it's like now a xbox one game.

I mean like a location we didn't get like the other games (360-original) last month, year!
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong370,868
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 16:56
    At the risk of being accused of being lazy (I assure you it’s just enough ignorance that even “looking it up” results in confusion) do any of these COD games have stand out campaigns that one should definitely play? Especially any zombie campaigns? I seem to remember a video or Ray Liotta in a prison with zombies in an ad once, probably back in the 360 days.

It seems like as good a time as any to play through the best one or two if they even exist. I’m the kind of gamer that plays Halo campaigns on Easy or Normal and plays an occasional 2-3 multiplayer matches every 2-3 months just to have an excuse to drive around a Mantis and a Warthog if that matters.
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,653
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 18:15
    FYI Gamefly sale is live. Doom Eternal is $20 and Jedi Fallen Order is $18 lowest iv seen these. some others too.
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,653
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 18:20, Edited on 15 September 20 at 18:24 by SheBeatsYou
    TymanTheLong said:
    At the risk of being accused of being lazy (I assure you it’s just enough ignorance that even “looking it up” results in confusion) do any of these COD games have stand out campaigns that one should definitely play? Especially any zombie campaigns? I seem to remember a video or Ray Liotta in a prison with zombies in an ad once, probably back in the 360 days.

It seems like as good a time as any to play through the best one or two if they even exist. I’m the kind of gamer that plays Halo campaigns on Easy or Normal and plays an occasional 2-3 multiplayer matches every 2-3 months just to have an excuse to drive around a Mantis and a Warthog if that matters.
    I am no expert on COD but the Ray Leotta is Black Ops II DLC. Its hard AF without 4 players so heads up. The only one Iv enjoyed the campaign for since COD was on PC was World At War. However, You can get these games cheaper physically and Id rather you not give Activision any money LOL

Sounds like you might Like the game Bulletstorm next time you see on sale.
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 23:20
    SheBeatsYou said:
    FYI Gamefly sale is live. Doom Eternal is $20 and Jedi Fallen Order is $18 lowest iv seen these. some others too.
    Jedi Fallen Order is an overhyped, very underwhelming game. Borrow it. I bought it on sale and still regret it. The voice acting is excellent but the gameplay, storyline, and graphics are (excuse my French) piss-poor for a AAA game and I cannot understand how it reviewed so well.
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 23:21
    SheBeatsYou said:
    TymanTheLong said:

I am no expert on COD but the Ray Leotta is Black Ops II DLC. Its hard AF without 4 players so heads up. The only one Iv enjoyed the campaign for since COD was on PC was World At War. However, You can get these games cheaper physically and Id rather you not give Activision any money LOL

Sounds like you might Like the game Bulletstorm next time you see on sale.
    Thank you very much for responding in such detail. I have Bulletstorm Remastered, maybe I’ll just dive into that.
  • Posted on 16 September 20 at 00:49
    ajgoesUNLUCKY said:
    I lost my mind when I saw “Destroy All Humans” for so cheap. Thought it was the remastered version. Annnnd now I’m sad.
    I hope this cheers you up a bit but I came to the exact same conclusion when I saw it too! You're not alone. Give me a hug. (whispers) (stifled sob) We're NOT alone!
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. - Tyler Durden
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom320,054
    Posted on 17 September 20 at 16:42
    Infinite Warfare Digital Edition is tempting seeing as it's all DLC + Modern Warfare Remastered. Is $30 a good price for this?
  • D3m0nF0rc3D3m0nF0rc3789,598
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 01:26
    HolyHalfDead said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    mkdfan said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Still waiting to see if Forza Horizon 3 hoonigan pack goes on sale at all before being delisted
    Same! Next week’s sale is the last chance right? Fingers crossed!
    You mean next week is the last chance for Turn 10 to not completely shit on all their customers who bought every other aspect of their game.

It will not be forgotten by me if they fail as from the delisting day forwards the only Forza I will play is what I already own and what they put out in the game pass if the hoonigan pack does not go on sale. Perhaps I should be grateful if they don't it will save me money, I have purchased everything Forza since FM2.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you bought everything for 90% off in the past (or got it for free) and now feel entitled to get a single DLC worth a whopping €6.99 for the same 90% off, or else you won't "buy" anything from the developer ever again?

Righto.
    I was going to say something along those lines. Think of the people who paid $50 for the FM5 car pass. I paid $12 ($4 x 3) just for 3 cars.

Besides everyone who preordered FM7 got the Hoonigan pack for free.
    Both consider yourself well and truly corrected.

Unless of course you'd like to show me when any complete, ultimate or any dlc bundle for any Forza has ever been free, or reduced to anything much over 50% let alone some concocted figure of 90% discounted just to give your posts a ficticious milligram of anything more than complete idiocy.

You may support the price gouging nonsense much of this world has become coupled with ever decreasing build quality, the gaming industry being one of the worst offenders, I do not have to and never will.

Oh and I refused to preorder FM7 because if the way FM6 ultimate pre orders got totally shafted, last ever preorder from me.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead588,090
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 03:25
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    mkdfan said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Still waiting to see if Forza Horizon 3 hoonigan pack goes on sale at all before being delisted
    You mean next week is the last chance for Turn 10 to not completely shit on all their customers who bought every other aspect of their game.

It will not be forgotten by me if they fail as from the delisting day forwards the only Forza I will play is what I already own and what they put out in the game pass if the hoonigan pack does not go on sale. Perhaps I should be grateful if they don't it will save me money, I have purchased everything Forza since FM2.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you bought everything for 90% off in the past (or got it for free) and now feel entitled to get a single DLC worth a whopping €6.99 for the same 90% off, or else you won't "buy" anything from the developer ever again?

Righto.
    I was going to say something along those lines. Think of the people who paid $50 for the FM5 car pass. I paid $12 ($4 x 3) just for 3 cars.

Unless of course you'd like to show me when any complete, ultimate or any dlc bundle for any Forza has ever been free, or reduced to anything much over 50% let alone some concocted figure of 90% discounted just to give your posts a ficticious milligram of anything more than complete idiocy.

You may support the price gouging nonsense much of this world has become coupled with ever decreasing build quality, the gaming industry being one of the worst offenders, I do not have to and never will.

Oh and I refused to preorder FM7 because if the way FM6 ultimate pre orders got totally shafted, last ever preorder from me.
    FM3 DLC was reduced to $1 prior to delisting.

The FM5 Car Pass ($50) was $5 (that's 90%).

Game collection + DLC bundles have been in sales with 80% discounts.

GwG and GP allow you to play the games for no additional cost (some call that free).
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 03:55, Edited on 22 September 20 at 04:11 by D3m0nF0rc3
    HolyHalfDead said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    mkdfan said:
    GT3OptionFan said:

Righto.

FM3 DLC was reduced to $1 prior to delisting.

The FM5 Car Pass ($50) was $5 (that's 90%).

Game collection + DLC bundles have been in sales with 80% discounts.

GwG and GP allow you to play the games for no additional cost (some call that free).
    All EOL pricing much of it immediately before delisting by your own admittance. Perhaps before you accuse someone of freeloading you check facts ie their achievement dates and you will see none of them are started anywhere near the end of life of the products in question. Then again you would not buy these games EOL when your racing hardware is around 3-4k in value.

FM5 was the worst ever, it was an insult to the brand and a debacle to just about any force feedback wheel owner. If they had paid people to take the car pass off them it would have been too much. I felt robbed for the game and that was the only Forza I paid less than 50% for, well depending in your perspective as it came with the console and there's no such thing in this life as free. I forgave that error as it was a new generation and I do believe the lead on FFB for that version was booted from the FFB development.

The only Forza and any and all DLC I have not owned way before its EOFL is FM4, I still don't own it and won't buy it on principle. Perhaps you should read a post before you comment on it and if your uncertain of verifiable facts due to the site this is, check them before you spout your outright nonsense.

In fact the challenge remains show me where any Complete or ultimate edition on any individual version of any Forza has ever been on sale for more than 60% other than at its EOL direct from Xbox digital store.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76585,644
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 08:43
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    when your racing hardware is around 3-4k in value.
    But you can't afford the €6.99 for the DLC? I'm confused.
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 22:35
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    When did I ever say I could not afford it ?

Do you not even understand the basic concept of responsible principles something diminishing at a seemingly ever increasing rate from our western society ? The fact that your confused really already answers that.

The hoonigan pack adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay of Forza Horizon 3. However as a means to attempt to force sales of this zero value addon pack which has never been on sale, achievements that have no additional meaning to the game were added as part of a preorder gimmick to a totally different product.

Maybe it could have been justifiable if it had included an actual hoonigan campaign which the additional achievements had some meaning but that was simply not the case.

You can lap that up as much as you like, I have never allowed myself to be gouged by overpriced dlc most of which adds very little if anything at all in gameplay value, this example happens to be one of the worst. I could care less if I could afford to buy everything Microsoft is, I still would not lower myself.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76585,644
    Posted on 23 September 20 at 08:48
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:

Do you not even understand the basic concept of responsible principles something diminishing at a seemingly ever increasing rate from our western society ? The fact that your confused really already answers that.

The hoonigan pack adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay of Forza Horizon 3. However as a means to attempt to force sales of this zero value addon pack which has never been on sale, achievements that have no additional meaning to the game were added as part of a preorder gimmick to a totally different product.

Maybe it could have been justifiable if it had included an actual hoonigan campaign which the additional achievements had some meaning but that was simply not the case.

You can lap that up as much as you like, I have never allowed myself to be gouged by overpriced dlc most of which adds very little if anything at all in gameplay value, this example happens to be one of the worst. I could care less if I could afford to buy everything Microsoft is, I still would not lower myself.
    You're complaining, at extraordinary length, that something you don't want, which doesn't cost much to begin with, isn't on sale, so you refuse to buy it. I'm still confused.

The Hoonigan pack seems to add enough content for plenty of people to buy it. Just because you personally don't like Hoonigan, doesn't really mean that no one else does. I'm pretty sure they're quite popular.

PS: Ever consider that maybe Hoonigan won't allow the DLC to be sold at a discount?
    Posted on 24 September 20 at 14:29
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:

You're complaining, at extraordinary length, that something you don't want, which doesn't cost much to begin with, isn't on sale, so you refuse to buy it. I'm still confused.

The Hoonigan pack seems to add enough content for plenty of people to buy it. Just because you personally don't like Hoonigan, doesn't really mean that no one else does. I'm pretty sure they're quite popular.

PS: Ever consider that maybe Hoonigan won't allow the DLC to be sold at a discount?
    Again you make asumptions that are simply incorrect. Where did I say 'I don't like Hoonigan' ? Nowhere. I stated the Hoonigan addon is in my opinion a piss poor addon that adds no value to the gameplay of Forza Horizon 3, which was made as a piss poor sales gimmick for a completely different product. Why because it is just a few Hoonigan styled cars with achievements tied to something you've probably done in game in other vehicles numerous times already. I am entitled to that opinion just as anyone else is entitled to stump up the asking price and believe they've enjoyed what they got for it. However your not entitled to make false accusations or imply somebody is a feeeloader just because they have an opinion akin to the former.

Should have thrown in a Hoonigan arena or two and made the achievements relevant. Could have charged more then and it may have been worth it. Tough shit, opportunity wasted as is so often done because all that is cared about is the quickest buck possible from as many as possible.

As a general rule I don't preorder anyway. Its a scam, in my opinion always has been and is even more so now they have unlimited digital licenses to make available. Your welcome to believe otherwise and enjoy the penny chews they give away as a bonus but I want to know how complete a product is before I buy it. Iv had enough of buying definitive edition this, ultimate edition that, just to find they still decided to hold something out and try and nickel and dime their sucker base even more.

The entire gaming industry has in my opinion dropped well below its past of ill repute from the coin op era, I guess household acceptance was all in far to easily gained, even though when I was working in the industry for about 20 years this seemed very much like an uphill struggle.

Its way past time all the various independent regulators stepped in and held this industry to account and the same can be said for so many technology based industries, especially considering the amount of complaints and lobbying going on to bring it back into some form of social and moral acceptability in conduct. Perhaps our relevant consumer regulators have not stepped in quick enough because the revenue stream is so large. I'd hate that to be true but it seems today in all industries revenue carries priority above all else.

We are living in an new era of piss poor quality hardware and software, don't give a shit about addressing anything thats broken in design, manufacturing or faulty code, unless its going to seriously affect their revenue stream. Consumers can even be blamed and penalised for falling into a code error.

Xbox one has a seriously flawed save system where it seems a corrupted save kills both save locations, or a game update just destroys both save locations and your starting from the beginning again. The consumer just has to suck it up and suffer.

No apologies for seriously faulty hardware, ie all Microsoft Xbox one controllers but most specifically the original elite controller, in fact we will go down the road of outright denial any issues exist until we decide to use those issues to sell you the next version, and then laugh at us all for lapping up the so called improved version without question.

All I can say is F that, your all welcome to lap it up but as it stands my support for this industry is practically shut, and I've been a gamer since space invaders and asteroids first hit the streets in their large coin op cabs.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.