The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: September 22nd, 2020

• mars7T2mars7T2297,019
    Posted on 23 September 20 at 07:25, Edited on 23 September 20 at 07:33 by mars7T2
    notion3000 said:
    mars7T2 said:
    notion3000 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    HiddenJaguar25 said:
    Just a reminder, this is the last week (through Sept 30) to buy Forza Horizon 3 and its DLCs. Sorry, no more sales.
    Game and DLC is 70% off

But there will still be people moaning next week that nobody told them it was going to be delisted.
    I'm moaning and dissapointed that they didn't re-list the add ons collection! https://t.co/OHiQ9HMXag

It was previously on sale for £23.99 which was 80% off!!

I have Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain. I also have the VIP pass, Car Pass, Duracell Car Pack and the Alpinestars Car Pack.

I need the Hoonigan Car Pack, Rockstar Energy Car Pack, Mountain Dew Car Pack, Playseat Car Pack, Logitech G Car Pack and Motorsport All-Stars Pack.

Therefore, it’s going to cost £37.34 to get everything that is left for me to get ???? Lucky I have my Microsoft Reward Points saved up.
    Rockstar Energy Car Pack, Playseat Car Pack and Logitech G Car Pack are included with the Car Pass! You should be able to download and install these from your library without purchasing them!

Are you sure you're not missing the Porsche Car Pack?
    The Porsche Car Pack and Mountain Dew Car Pack were not included with the Car Pass.
    Motorsport All-Stars Pack was included with FH3 Deluxe and Ultimate editions, Hoonigan Car Pack was free with pre-orders of Forza Motorsport 7.

There are also 2 less important DLCs: Treasure Map and Horn Unlock Accelerator DLC (which may possibly unlock horns that are now otherwise unavailable).
    The Rockstar Energy Car Pack, Playseat Car Pack and Logitech G Car Pack I can buy for £5.79 but in-game the cars are showing as ‘Purchased’. They are not showing in my library on Xbox.

Yes, I have purchased the Porsche Car Pack.

I am unsure whether or not to purchase the Car Horn Unlock Accelerator. Is there any point?

Thank you for your help.
    It is correct that those car packs are not showing in your library. I should have written that they can be installed from your Ready to install list. Sorry about that.

Forza keeps changing the way that car packs are installed. FH4, I remembered, installs individual cars for example. I had to fire up my console to see what FH3 did.
    On console, if you go to Manage game & add-ons for FH3 you should see some 10.1 MB files for the Car Pass and these Car Packs either in your Installed or Ready to install list.

Actually, if you are playing the game with the account that purchased these DLCs, they don't even need to be installed for you to be able to use them in game, as long as the Forza Horizon servers are working properly. If the servers are having issues, or if someone else wants to play FH3, they do need to be installed.

You are right that these 3 Car Packs are still showing a price in the store, although the other 3 packs in Car Pass show as owned.
    For me, in the new store on console, they show as installed but can still be purchased:
    Launch game
    You can play this
    -OR-
    BUY TO OWN
    € 6,99

Microsoft really could improve the way they show in the store what DLC you already own, especially through bundles or deluxe versions, and have an option to show just the things you don't own.
    I would also appreciate if they had a discounted "Complete your collection", like on Steam.

I don't own the Horn Unlock Accelerator myself, and I don't think I will purchase this. (I don't really use the novelty car horns; I would probably like it best if the car horns were modelled after the original one for each car).
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong370,868
    Posted on 23 September 20 at 17:33
    mars7T2 said:
    notion3000 said:
    mars7T2 said:
    notion3000 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    HiddenJaguar25 said:
    Just a reminder, this is the last week (through Sept 30) to buy Forza Horizon 3 and its DLCs. Sorry, no more sales.
    Game and DLC is 70% off

But there will still be people moaning next week that nobody told them it was going to be delisted.
    I'm moaning and dissapointed that they didn't re-list the add ons collection! https://t.co/OHiQ9HMXag

It was previously on sale for £23.99 which was 80% off!!

I have Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain. I also have the VIP pass, Car Pass, Duracell Car Pack and the Alpinestars Car Pack.

I need the Hoonigan Car Pack, Rockstar Energy Car Pack, Mountain Dew Car Pack, Playseat Car Pack, Logitech G Car Pack and Motorsport All-Stars Pack.

Therefore, it’s going to cost £37.34 to get everything that is left for me to get ???? Lucky I have my Microsoft Reward Points saved up.
    Rockstar Energy Car Pack, Playseat Car Pack and Logitech G Car Pack are included with the Car Pass! You should be able to download and install these from your library without purchasing them!

Are you sure you're not missing the Porsche Car Pack?
    The Porsche Car Pack and Mountain Dew Car Pack were not included with the Car Pass.
    Motorsport All-Stars Pack was included with FH3 Deluxe and Ultimate editions, Hoonigan Car Pack was free with pre-orders of Forza Motorsport 7.

There are also 2 less important DLCs: Treasure Map and Horn Unlock Accelerator DLC (which may possibly unlock horns that are now otherwise unavailable).
    The Rockstar Energy Car Pack, Playseat Car Pack and Logitech G Car Pack I can buy for £5.79 but in-game the cars are showing as ‘Purchased’. They are not showing in my library on Xbox.

Yes, I have purchased the Porsche Car Pack.

I am unsure whether or not to purchase the Car Horn Unlock Accelerator. Is there any point?

Thank you for your help.
    It is correct that those car packs are not showing in your library. I should have written that they can be installed from your Ready to install list. Sorry about that.

Forza keeps changing the way that car packs are installed. FH4, I remembered, installs individual cars for example. I had to fire up my console to see what FH3 did.
    On console, if you go to Manage game & add-ons for FH3 you should see some 10.1 MB files for the Car Pass and these Car Packs either in your Installed or Ready to install list.

Actually, if you are playing the game with the account that purchased these DLCs, they don't even need to be installed for you to be able to use them in game, as long as the Forza Horizon servers are working properly. If the servers are having issues, or if someone else wants to play FH3, they do need to be installed.

You are right that these 3 Car Packs are still showing a price in the store, although the other 3 packs in Car Pass show as owned.
    For me, in the new store on console, they show as installed but can still be purchased:
    Launch game
    You can play this
    -OR-
    BUY TO OWN
    € 6,99

Microsoft really could improve the way they show in the store what DLC you already own, especially through bundles or deluxe versions, and have an option to show just the things you don't own.
    I would also appreciate if they had a discounted "Complete your collection", like on Steam.

I don't own the Horn Unlock Accelerator myself, and I don't think I will purchase this. (I don't really use the novelty car horns; I would probably like it best if the car horns were modelled after the original one for each car).
    Sorry for jumping in here but it looks like snagging all of this stuff (everything, don’t have anything yet) is still going to cost $50-60. Am I wrong? I’m less inclined to do that as I know it’d sit in my backlog for awhile (and yes I know it’s going away forever).
  • mars7T2mars7T2297,019
    Posted on 23 September 20 at 18:26
    TymanTheLong said:
    Sorry for jumping in here but it looks like snagging all of this stuff (everything, don’t have anything yet) is still going to cost $50-60. Am I wrong? I’m less inclined to do that as I know it’d sit in my backlog for awhile (and yes I know it’s going away forever).
    That's about right. A little over $58 if you want everything, or just over $38 if it's about achievements.
  • Posted on 24 September 20 at 05:05
    Damn, caved in on Hoonigan at full price.
    Might get division 2, ubi dont seem to be all in on Gamepass.
  • Bk LuCKY ChaRMSBk LuCKY ChaRMS1,252,916
    Posted on 24 September 20 at 05:14, Edited on 24 September 20 at 05:15 by Bk LuCKY ChaRMS
    Demian said:
    Tubbed said:
    No Horizon 3 Hoonigan is disappointing.
    I guess I'll redeem a $10 card with rewards points, might even have change for Minesweeper Genius.

Storm Boy is also an incredibly easy 1000 that can be done in under 1hr. And it's not complete trash like similarly price/length games (Selma and the wisp)
    It's also on gamepass.(Storm Boy)
    Storm boy is not on gamepass lol
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike170,666
    Posted on 24 September 20 at 15:43
    mkdfan said:
    V3ntilator said:
    mkdfan said:
    Damn, no FH3 Hoonigan dlc sale. Full price it is.
    Never been on sale since it were release. I keep watching it too. Not gonna pay full price after all these years.
    It’s getting delisted next week. That’s why I bought it full price.
    It has achievements attached to it too and I don’t wanna be unable to 100% it.
    They certainly stuck to their guns by not putting the Hoonigan dlc on sale. Someone up the chain of command must have put a note in there to make sure it was never on sale. We could have got it for free back when pre-orders for Forza Motorsport 7 were being taken but still, but I was right not to jump in at that point. Forza 6 remained serviceable for enough time for the price of 7 to drop, it wasn't that much better anyway and despite waiting for a sale on the Hoonigan dlc which never happened, paying full price now is no hardship because the price of 7 got reduced more than enough to cover the dlc by the time I bought that. I'm going to wait until the 26th to make the purchase though, just in case.
    Less work, more play!
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong370,868
    Posted on 28 September 20 at 21:39, Edited on 28 September 20 at 21:41 by TymanTheLong
    Did Warhammer Chaosbane ever become worth the price? I know several new DLCs are out since the first free play weekend. The Magus Edition at $23 doesn’t seem awful but what I’ve played of the game hasn’t sold me yet.

Have they made the game less... dull?

Also is the RE Triple Pack any good? Not really a RE player, was wondering if those were the ones to play or maybe a different one.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.