The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the six quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza122,525
  • Posted on 22 September 20 at 13:24
    Not really related but would Bully be a good purchase for $6 on the Rockstar part of the sale?
  • SneechesSneeches274,780
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 13:27
    Nothing for me this week.
    https://twitch.tv/Sneeches81
  • Posted on 22 September 20 at 13:27
    Yellow Towel said:
    Not really related but would Bully be a good purchase for $6 on the Rockstar part of the sale?
    Oh absolutely. I got it a few years back and even though you can tell the game has aged a bit, it was so fun. For $6 it's a steal. I really wish they would make another one tbh or something similar.
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,363,534
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 13:28
    Yellow Towel said:
    Definitely, anything by Rockstar at that price is a steal. Completion took me around 15-20 hrs.
    Join me in annoying the hell out of devs and publishers as we try to get our broken games fixed.
  • Mysterio400Mysterio4001,302,410
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 13:32
    I liked Storm Boy well enough, definitely worth a buck and change.
  • B3nJam1n89B3nJam1n89532,542
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 13:52
    Mysterio400 said:
    I liked Storm Boy well enough, definitely worth a buck and change.
    Seconded, brilliant little game and the straightforward completion was a pleasant bonus :)
  • Timmy LoveTimmy Love210,170
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 14:14
    Completed both Storm Boy and Minesweeper. Recommend both. Storm boy is a very easy 100% with a touching story and at that price it’s hard not to recommend. Minesweeper is a fun puzzle game that has some trial and error but not too difficult.

Agent A is in my backlog and may play it soon. Can someone who has completed it speak to the timed achievement in completing the game quickly?
  • Posted on 22 September 20 at 14:25
    Oh, cool. A game starring Erin Esurance!
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,494,987
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 14:34
    Minesweeper Genius is a decent game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 September 20 at 14:42
    NoApologies1988 said:
    Yellow Towel said:
    Definitely, anything by Rockstar at that price is a steal. Completion took me around 15-20 hrs.
    Hmmm... I am also interested in Bully at $5.99, but was worried that, being a R* title, it would be a bit of a time investment.

So at 15-20 hours, you’d say it’s one of the shortest, easiest R* completions? If so, I’m sold.
  • Posted on 22 September 20 at 14:43
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    Oh, cool. A game starring Erin Esurance!
    That's a deep cut!
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,363,534
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 15:15
    ClaytThaGreat said:
    NoApologies1988 said:
    Yellow Towel said:
    Hmmm... I am also interested in Bully at $5.99, but was worried that, being a R* title, it would be a bit of a time investment.

So at 15-20 hours, you’d say it’s one of the shortest, easiest R* completions? If so, I’m sold.
    Definitely again haha, L.A. Noire would be a close 2nd.
    Join me in annoying the hell out of devs and publishers as we try to get our broken games fixed.
  • N30YRDN30YRD573,285
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 15:43
    ClaytThaGreat said:
    NoApologies1988 said:
    Yellow Towel said:

This is all depending if you follow a guide for all the Classes etc... As if you mess one of the classes up you have to wait a set amount of days in the game to re-do that class your missing...

The rubber bands where a pain in the backside to find without a guide, I know there's a collectible map etc but some where still a pain to find

Also getting the 100% achievement... It can be something completely obvious or something that will drive you round the bend

Bare this in mind when playing
  • FaSCoRPFaSCoRP489,664
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 15:48
    I bought some of these cheap / easy games just to be curios in the last few months and I was almost dissapointed with all of them. If you want just easy quickscore, go for them but if you want fun / entertainment, save the bucks for something better.
    Think about for the same price you buy 3-4 games of this type you could be purchasing a decent game.
    You are wasting money in little amounts, when you could have purchased a nice good game on the long run
    https://casivg.wordpress.com
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion757,750
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 16:01
    I still find it amazing that people value their gamerscores when they buy games based on how quick they are.

There are far too many baby games now.

FaSCoRP said:
    I bought some of these cheap / easy games just to be curios in the last few months and I was almost dissapointed with all of them. If you want just easy quickscore, go for them but if you want fun / entertainment, save the bucks for something better.
    Think about for the same price you buy 3-4 games of this type you could be purchasing a decent game.
    You are wasting money in little amounts, when you could have purchased a nice good game on the long run
    My thoughts exactly.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven500,385
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 18:13
    Each of us, a cell of awareness
    Imperfect and incomplete
    Genetic blends with uncertain ends
    On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
    I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill

THAT INCLUDES WHICH OR WHAT KIND OF GAMES OTHER PEOPLE PLAY

DON'T DOUBT GEDDY
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,852,196
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 18:53, Edited on 22 September 20 at 18:53 by TheOnlyMatto
    would love to see a "these are the 6 best rated games on sale" once in a while too. Good read Sean, thanks for keeping us all posted.
    See you in Valhalla
  • Posted on 22 September 20 at 21:28
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    would love to see a "these are the 6 best rated games on sale" once in a while too. Good read Sean, thanks for keeping us all posted.
    I never thought of this, but this is actually a pretty good idea. Would also give others a better forum to discuss other games they feel are good in their eyes that are on sale as well.
  • WolfWood37WolfWood37932,008
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 21:43
    Got uncanny valley and Agent A
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.