The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 16 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza124,554
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,206,753
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 15:46
    I know this is an achievement site and people like their fast completions, but I really really wish the site would go back to articles that actually recognize some of the good games from the sales. There are so many great games on Xbox that just constantly get overlooked because they don't have AAA graphics. And there are lots of people on this site who enjoy gaming and aren't just on here for easy achievements
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,218,201
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 15:57
    More games to keep me in Leap Frog hehe
  • Tendoman77Tendoman772,932,507
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 16:16, Edited on 29 September 20 at 16:23 by Tendoman77
    Do NOT play Goodbye Deponia without doing the first two games beforehand first. All 4 games in the Deponia series are meant to be played in order since the story is entirely connected. That's if you care about the whole story that is.

Although honestly the final game (Deponia Doomsday) is almost entirely stand-alone, but its still set after the events of Goodbye Deponia

UPDATE: By the way, I'm pretty sure Castle of No Escape is now THE quickest game on the list since that one can literally be completed in about 5-10 mins
  • GraymawrGraymawr220,367
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 16:40
    Shouldn't Things on Wheels be on this list? It is on sale for $0.99.
  • WolfWood37WolfWood37932,989
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 17:16
    Got Submerged, Radio Squid, and the nightmare of the deep bundle
  • Posted on 29 September 20 at 18:37
    Aborigenus will NOT run on my Xbox. It's been three months of trying and it just grayscreens out when you get to where the Steam/Origin/whatever terms and conditions should show up. This isn't the only game like this that it's happened (Mushroom Quest is another). Is anyone else having issues? And no, factory resets did not work.
  • NismoR034NismoR034813,693
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 19:54
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    I know this is an achievement site and people like their fast completions, but I really really wish the site would go back to articles that actually recognize some of the good games from the sales. There are so many great games on Xbox that just constantly get overlooked because they don't have AAA graphics. And there are lots of people on this site who enjoy gaming and aren't just on here for easy achievements
    While I appreciate these articles every week just to get a sense of what’s out there that is easy (since there’s so many games these days), I absolutely agree with this.

Some of my favourite games from this generation, like Aaero as just one example, are games I tried on a whim not knowing anything about it/them. It would be great to see the site highlight these a little more. Do a monthly hidden gem article or something, I don’t know, just cast the spotlight on some games people may have missed.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz425,799
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:46
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    Aborigenus will NOT run on my Xbox. It's been three months of trying and it just grayscreens out when you get to where the Steam/Origin/whatever terms and conditions should show up. This isn't the only game like this that it's happened (Mushroom Quest is another). Is anyone else having issues? And no, factory resets did not work.
    Is this one of those games that breaks if there is a controller plugged in? I've seen that issue a few times. The game worked fine for me earlier this year sorry.

On Topic: Deployment is not an easy completion. Don't be fooled.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,515,648
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:31
    FiveWizz said:
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    Is this one of those games that breaks if there is a controller plugged in? I've seen that issue a few times. The game worked fine for me earlier this year sorry.

Hmm, seems from the forums, there was an update to Deployment at some point that made it harder.
  • Ar0nP1aYz05Ar0nP1aYz05336,455
    Posted on 30 September 20 at 01:11
    Deployment is not easy dammit!
    Aron Franks
  • Its DanIts Dan576,200
    Posted on 30 September 20 at 01:53
    Deployment was absolute but cheeks! I wouldn’t recommend it.
  • icytower38icytower38297,928
    Posted on 30 September 20 at 02:33
    Mark another warning on Deployment. I’m still stuck with less then half of the achievements.

I don’t know if it depends on skill, but I feel like it really was made harder at some point.
  • Fluke939Fluke939423,945
    Posted on 30 September 20 at 13:10
    Some interesting looking titles for cheap. Like on the surface for me this is achievement hunting, but I really like seeing some of the overlooked games and trying out new stuff, plus the feel good factor of supporting small devs
  • keoskeykeoskey1,378,792
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 05:05
    instead of buying Castle of no Escape by itself it would be cheaper if you baught the $8.99 Castle of no Escape 1&2 Bundle.
    [url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
  • BassJack PLBassJack PL207,484
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 09:41, Edited on 01 October 20 at 09:53 by BassJack PL
    Cotton games Adventure bundle should be on the list - 2,99$ for Mr. Pumpkin Adventure 0-1 hour and AlienCruise 3-4 hour completions. Good money value
    EDIT: I’ve just realised Mr. Pumpkin is region locked... can anyone confirm if I buy the bundle in EU will I be able to play Mr. Pumpkin?
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL698,511
  • Posted on 02 October 20 at 01:32
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:
    Deployment is not easy dammit!
    F*ck deployment...this game is an infuriating dumpster fire.
  • Posted on 02 October 20 at 02:20
    FiveWizz said:
    KingFlippynipz0 said:

No dice...thanks for the suggestion though. Anyone else have any ideas, or havevto do anything out of the ordinary to get these ported flash/steam games (aborigenus, mushroom quest, etc) running?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.