Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for October revealed, with 2,250 Gamerscore up for grabs

• FireDrake007FireDrake007256,862
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:12
    Dr Marty said:
    BadGirlRyleigh said:
    I guess getting an Xbox (2001) game is just gonna be a monthly thing until they run out, huh? Well at least there's only 41 that can be given out and I own like 10 of them from GWG already.
    yea but that means there are 31 months of this left.... I don't want to wait 2.5 years for them to run out of original Xbox titles... LOL
    I wouldn't mind seeing Ninja Gaiden Black, Jade Empire or KOTOR 1 and 2 being given away with Games with Gold. I was hoping this would happen actually.
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:14
    Glassk said:
    Buttercup III said:
    I guess getting an Xbox (2001) game is just gonna be a monthly thing until they run out, huh? Well at least there's only 41 that can be given out and I own like 10 of them from GWG already.
    I never had a OG Xbox so I don't mind getting these games.
    I have the same sentiment on those OG Xbox games. I missed that generation completely so it is nice that I can access them with GWG and BC.
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:15, Edited on 29 September 20 at 21:15 by FireDrake007
    Buttercup III said:
    Xbox plans to add to the BC list on the Xbox Series consoles so expect that OG Xbox list to grow.
  • Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:30
    Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was a great game...but I can't imagine it holds up well. I've been tempted to get in on the Switch because the graphics have been improved somewhat...
    Rob
  • SkarviTSkarviT207,139
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:46
    Do they not listen to the community?
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,287,188
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 21:46
    Solid games, but I already have Costume Quest and Slayaway Camp. Maid of Sker I guess has potential, so good month over all (for people who don't have most of these games).
    At some point they'll run of OG Xbox games and actually have to put two 360 games out there. Hopefully that happens before they kill off the GWG program.
    This space for rent.
  • Mynx SethMynx Seth1,174,914
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 22:00
    Omg sphinx loved that game as a kid finally a original xbox game i want lol
  • Osmo76Osmo761,444,817
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 22:04
    It's not 2250 if the DLC for CQ doesn't come for free.

On a different note, looks like a proper GWG month in my books.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,714,811
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 22:15
    To be honest I'm happy we get OG Xbox games. When I was young I only had a few games for my Xbox but read about a lot of other games I wanted to play. I know these games don't cost much now but I rather get these than some no name indies I never play. BC is a great thing, hopefully MS continues to expand the OG library.
  • Posted on 29 September 20 at 22:16
    Not bad
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven190,858
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 22:18
    I'm excited for the people who haven't played Costume Quest! Suuuch a fun little game. Filled with charm and I love Halloween, so I fell in love with it. laugh Wish the DLC would go on sale... Might just grab it full price for Halloween.
  • Posted on 29 September 20 at 22:35
    Slayaway camp is awesome. Played it on switch. An excellent Puzzle game
  • JedEganJedEgan721,199
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:09
    SunfireDragon said:
    JedEgan said:
    xX jb0x Xx said:
    JedEgan said:
    Has anyone noticed we don't own a licence to Armed And Dangerous? Usually the OG Xbox and 360 games we get to keep outright as if we bought them, unlike the Xbox One games that only allow you to play while you have an active Gold account.

Armed And Dangerous is an OG Xbox game but the stores says you can only play as long as you have a Gold membership.
    You need to claim the game from the old store if you want ownership.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Armed-and-Dangero...
    Thanks, I just popped the old Xbox 360 console on and bought it from the Marketplace. So I guess there are two workarounds. Kinda annoying but at least there's a way to still claim ownership of it.
    Is this the case for every OG Xbox game? If so I've been doing it wrong,
    No, just since the new store was released (I'm in Alpha preview and don't know if the store is widely available yet). All my previous OG Xbox GwG show up as owned.
  • Elko992Elko992710,785
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:16
    Maid of Sker came out in July 2020 and its a good horror game.
  • DiesskayDiesskay916,667
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:19
    No! No! God no! Please not through the website! It is the most painful thing to do! It never works properly!
  • LockieLockie743,773
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:26
    Maid of Sker and Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut look pretty good and not too long either.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:28
    boring
  • Silver1337Silver1337675,513
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:33
    I know the Xbox Originals aren't popular around here, but I'm so excited to see Sphinx! I thought Armed and Dangerous was the dose of nostalgia I needed, but Sphinx has such a close place in my heart; not sure how well it'll hold up, but maybe that long-awaited sequel will be on the cards sometime soon (I've been watching closely since the remaster on PC). Now I just need Brute Force and Stubbs the Zombie!
  • atryeu1atryeu1395,095
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:34
    Brelen Raven said:
    I'm excited for the people who haven't played Costume Quest! Suuuch a fun little game. Filled with charm and I love Halloween, so I fell in love with it. laugh Wish the DLC would go on sale... Might just grab it full price for Halloween.
    The DLC was on sale November 2018. I bought both the main game and DLC then. I've seen the base game on sale a few times since but don't think I've seen the DLC on sale since then. I'm starting the game finally this coming month and looking forward to it. Don't know why I put it off so long!
  • R0XX0R0XX0226,265
    Posted on 29 September 20 at 23:50
    Spooky 👻
    Add me on Xbox!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.