Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The fastest game completions in Xbox Game Pass for console

• Detox2033Detox2033265,409
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 17:45
    In this guide newer titles from EA play for example are missing like nhl rewind 94 with 1-2 hours
  • mkdfanmkdfan761,626
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 18:43
    I was so baffled by the comments talking about getting 10K gamerscore for MS reward points. Didn’t realise the article was from October.
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy930,272
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 18:51
    Parkman Rules said:
    The touryst have a couple achievements that can be a tad frustrating/ time consuming. The one you have to beat all the arcade records and the one you need to do the song perfectly. Had to try many times to get them right.
    Edit: Almost forgot the one you need to do a 540 in the surf minigame. Still have no idea how I pull it off.laugh
    I agree, I would not say this is a simple completion. There are many throw the controller moments as you noted above.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman772,752,032
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 18:57
    Call of the Sea is a easy 2-3 hour completion, finished the PC version just now
  • snake42069snake420691,009,450
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 20:06, Edited on 31 December 20 at 20:07 by snake42069
    I loved Hellblade, and can only hope that Hellblade 2 escapes the Sequel Curse. So few games do, but some are so great, like Mass Effect 2.
  • Brushwagg42Brushwagg42125,119
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 20:40
    Edith Finch is such a masterpiece. I love the immersion, the voice acting, art direction, everything.
  • Posted on 31 December 20 at 21:24
    snake42069 said:
    I loved Hellblade, and can only hope that Hellblade 2 escapes the Sequel Curse. So few games do, but some are so great, like Mass Effect 2.
    I think the sequel curse usually applies to cinema but sure...
  • Posted on 31 December 20 at 23:58, Edited on 01 January 21 at 00:38 by FightingMegaFoo
    I get annoyed at Hellblade being called an "easy" completion. After getting my ass handed to me during the first couple boss fights, I lost all interest in ever completing this game. Was there an easy setting I somehow missed?

Edit: Looks like it isn't just me. Only roughly half the people who unlocked one achievement in this game ever bothered to get a second one, and the percentages go down from there. Only 14% have bothered to complete it.

Hellblade should be removed from any easy completion lists.
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 00:16
    Hell blade os mutch more
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 00:47
    Couldn't get on with Hellblade or Tourist. Fractured Mind is very easy, Gardens and Finch are interesting enough games.
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 02:37
    mkdfan said:
    I was so baffled by the comments talking about getting 10K gamerscore for MS reward points. Didn’t realise the article was from October.
    I was as well but there may be something on the rewards app again this month there’s a 2k simple rewards card and it mentions activating the gamerscore punch card and being on your way to earning 10,000 so maybe shock
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 09:02
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    I get annoyed at Hellblade being called an "easy" completion. After getting my ass handed to me during the first couple boss fights, I lost all interest in ever completing this game. Was there an easy setting I somehow missed?

Edit: Looks like it isn't just me. Only roughly half the people who unlocked one achievement in this game ever bothered to get a second one, and the percentages go down from there. Only 14% have bothered to complete it.

Yes, there is a difficult setting in the menue
    Hollywood Tony Yeah
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 09:03
    ArmedGamerbeast said:
    mkdfan said:
    I was as well but there may be something on the rewards app again this month there’s a 2k simple rewards card and it mentions activating the gamerscore punch card and being on your way to earning 10,000 so maybe shock
    No its just an old comment from an old article
    Hollywood Tony Yeah
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007132,949
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 09:07, Edited on 01 January 21 at 09:12 by FireDrake007
    mkdfan said:
    There might be a new 10,000 GS Challenge + 2000 bonus Rewards points in January acc. to the console MS Rewards dashboard. I still can't activate it right now but it might turn on tomorrow so I can start looking and working on easy to finish titles.

I have used up a lot of games last November but I can still go for Minecraft, Telltale and Double Fine games to help mine gamescores from while enjoying them at the same time.
  • HuwCW87HuwCW87183,966
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 09:45
    Most of these are good games aswell, fractured minds is not though, that was awful, I didn't actually play it for achievements though (I'm not that in to achievements) I just thought it looked interesting, it wasn't, it was crap.
  • HuwCW87HuwCW87183,966
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 09:46
    Hollywood Tony said:
    FightingMegaFoo said:

Yes, there is a difficult setting in the menue
    It is an easy game though, as soon as you figure out how simple the combat is, its very easy.
  • HuwCW87HuwCW87183,966
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 12:46, Edited on 01 January 21 at 12:47 by HuwCW87
    Plasma Teardrop said:
    Shulamm said:
    SmarmySmurf said:
    Lily Mu RB said:
    Shulamm said:
    justoneuncle said:
    wolfsburgraz said:
    Shulamm said:
    rafa1000house said:
    Fractured Minds can be completed in less than 10 minutes if you know that you need to wait the Thing to spawn on street level.
    That game indeed fractures your mind and makes you lose hope in video game industry.
    That's an incredibly unkind statement considering the game was developed by a 17 year old wanting to discuss mental illness. It doesn't always hit the mark but one or two of the stages were meaningful to me.
    I want to echo wolfsburgraz's comment. It was a creative way to discuss a difficult subject. The fact that a 17-year-old girl who struggled with anxiety symptoms made the game makes it even more powerful.
    Dudes... The game is trash, by all means. And if it would have been made by a 40 year old hairy fat man you would agree with me. I just don't buy the angst teen tale.
    I did appreciate the gamerscore, but I gotta say I totally agree with you, that game was trash and didn’t explore anxiety nor depression at all, I didn’t grasp anything of any nature that could aid in that regard
    It isn't supposed to fix your depression or even represent what depression is like for everyone, depression isn't the same for everyone, that'd be impossible. Its a representation of HER struggle with depression, made by a first time dev with no budget without any intention of being a 'good game'. What a couple of empathy lacking, uncivilized chuds you two are.
    Yep. I have no empathy for trash 👍
    So, you have no empathy or respect for yourself either for your pathetic statement?
    He's right though, it isn't a good game, the fact it was made by a 17 year old and is about depression and anxiety has nothing to do with whether its a good game or not, it was crap, doesn't make him a bad person for saying that its crap.
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 12:55
    Senua is a superb game and well worth playing.
    Badgerwolf
  • SneechesSneeches268,896
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 13:34
    wolfsburgraz said:
    Shulamm said:
    rafa1000house said:
    Fractured Minds can be completed in less than 10 minutes if you know that you need to wait the Thing to spawn on street level.
    That game indeed fractures your mind and makes you lose hope in video game industry.
    That's an incredibly unkind statement considering the game was developed by a 17 year old wanting to discuss mental illness. It doesn't always hit the mark but one or two of the stages were meaningful to me.
    Exactly, this game was created by 1 person, a 17 yr old girl and was trying to deal with mental illness and show her creativity and hopefully help others.
    Do your research before you trash a game because there is likely a strong story behind it.
    https://twitch.tv/Sneeches81
  • TwobbyTwobby687,525
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 17:30
    Sneeches said:
    wolfsburgraz said:
    Shulamm said:
    rafa1000house said:
    Exactly, this game was created by 1 person, a 17 yr old girl and was trying to deal with mental illness and show her creativity and hopefully help others.
    Do your research before you trash a game because there is likely a strong story behind it.
    So we are supposed to research every game before we give an opinion on it? Right... Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I haven't played the game, therefore I have no opinion on it. But, if someone thinks a game is good or bad they don't have to know the backstory of the game or its roots to have an opinion on it. And just because it's a knock on the game doesn't mean he/she is trashing the developer.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.