Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Walkthrough Discussion

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,194
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 15:34
    I'm doing the walkthrough. My goal is to have it finished by the time Cyberpunk 2077 comes out on 19 Nov 2020. It will be a full walkthrough following a specific roadmap to get a 100% completion. The roadmap selects from the massive amount of activities in this open world RPG to present an achievement hunter with an efficient way to get to 100%.
  • RAD14NTRAD14NT156,485
    Posted on 09 December 20 at 07:09
    Hi there

Any updates on the progress of this walkthrough?

Thanks
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 16:03
    RAD14NT said:
    Hi there

Thanks
    Sorry. I didn't see the notification. Yes. The walkthrough is a day or two away from being submitted for review.
  • RAD14NTRAD14NT156,485
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 13:02
    Allgorhythm said:
    RAD14NT said:
    Hi there

Thanks
    Sorry. I didn't see the notification. Yes. The walkthrough is a day or two away from being submitted for review.
    That's amazing, can't wait to see it.
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 13:51
    RAD14NT said:
    That's amazing, can't wait to see it.
    I think you’ll be pleased. It’s a very streamlined approach to the game. I have not seen any lorestone guides that I really like so I took particular care in that area.
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 21:10
    The walkthrough is in for review and should be published shortly.
  • RAD14NTRAD14NT156,485
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 22:38
    clapdance

Looking forward to it.
  • RAD14NTRAD14NT156,485
    Posted on 11 January 21 at 13:59
    Any update on the review?

Thanks
    Posted on 11 January 21 at 14:15
    RAD14NT said:

Thanks
    I’ll check. I submitted it on the first & my overseer said it would take about a week. He was very good about letting me do my thing when I was writing it so I was hesitant to bug him.

The walkthrough itself is 6 pages long not counting the obligatory Overview & hint pages plus special pages for lorestones & illustrative videos. So he’s got a fair bit to review.
  • Posted on 11 January 21 at 18:18
    RAD14NT said:

Thanks
    I'm looking to get my review done today. A quality walkthrough deserves a quality review process.
    Posted on 11 January 21 at 20:17
    TheSpinalClerk said:
    RAD14NT said:

Thanks
    I'm looking to get my review done today. A quality walkthrough deserves a quality review process.
    Thanks and I appreciate how patient you were with me when I was writing it.
  • RAD14NTRAD14NT156,485
    Posted on 11 January 21 at 21:37
    TheSpinalClerk said:
    RAD14NT said:

Thanks
    Absolutely, sorry if I came across rude.

Excited to see it that's all ☺
  • Posted on 13 January 21 at 01:55
    Allgorhythm said:
    Thanks and I appreciate how patient you were with me when I was writing it.
    Not a problem. Well done on the walkthrough.

RAD14NT said:
    Absolutely, sorry if I came across rude.
    Excited to see it that's all ?
    Not at all -- I just submitted the walkthrough for publishing. You shouldn't have to wait too much longer now! smile
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 04:56
    Great—Thanks.
  • Posted on 14 January 21 at 07:57
    Do you think its worth mentioning to pick up travelers band after the prologue as it gives +1 to lock picking and stealth which are nice early game
    Posted on 14 January 21 at 16:40
    FireDyeGaming said:
    Do you think its worth mentioning to pick up travelers band after the prologue as it gives +1 to lock picking and stealth which are nice early game
    It's a good point. I did consider it and I, myself, equipped it. However, I didn't for three reasons. I'll explain them, hopefully, in a way that, in no way diminishes the value of the suggestion. To the contrary, I cannot tell you how pleased I am that you have looked at the walkthrough in sufficient detail to make recommendations. I spent hundreds of hours on it and I hope you are finding it of value.

First, the travelers band didn't last long. I see you've discovered 25 hidden items. You must have been doing some looting. Are you still wearing it? When I was doing the walkthrough where one acquires the Ballads Signet Ring early on, I took a screenshot to compare it to what I was wearing: The Cruscendant (+14% experience) and The Vitalis (+15% health & +1 health regen per second).

Second, I consider only the +1 stealth to be of benefit. You can complete the game with a locksmith skill of zero because the walkthrough relies only on picks. I don't even go to an easily accessible 1-3 locksmith trainer because I didn't feel the juice was worth the squeeze.

Third, I'm always hesitant about hard equipment recommendations. The dowsing rod and compass of fate are no-brainers. They are not equipped--only held in inventory and their benefit is beyond question. You'll note I was very careful to caveat my weapons recommendations. I felt compelled to provide equipment and tactics suggestions to get through the game on hard difficulty but I felt the player's preferences were paramount.

BTW, my fear was I was providing too much detail rather than too little. It is a very long walkthrough. In my defense, I believe my approach does save hours and hours of play for someone whose primary goal is a 100% achievement completion. To repeat what I said earlier, I am very much appreciative you took a look at the walkthrough and hope you are finding it of value.
  • Posted on 15 January 21 at 06:20, Edited on 15 January 21 at 13:31 by FireDyeGaming
    I'm finding a lot of value in the walk-through and you're probably right about the ring,

Did you consider adding in the guide at what point you leveled up and the choices you made for the level up so that we can see roughly what level we should be for the content we're doing im about to hit level 12 and am persuading afan del at the moment but I have no idea if I'm under or over leveled

Edit: just got to the hunters hunted part of the guide and there is no quest that I've picked up named that can you please add to the guide where to pick that quest up.

Edit 2: It looks like you don't include completing Into the Light which is required for The Hunters Hunted

Edit 3: For A Master's Touch you said "The grateful Gavroche is now a 4-6 blacksmithing trainer. Pay him the 30,240 gold for the skill point." when it is Efyr who is the trainer Gavroche remains a repair vendor.
    Posted on 15 January 21 at 17:12
    FireDyeGaming said:
    I'm finding a lot of value in the walk-through and you're probably right about the ring,

Did you consider adding in the guide at what point you leveled up and the choices you made for the level up so that we can see roughly what level we should be for the content we're doing im about to hit level 12 and am persuading afan del at the moment but I have no idea if I'm under or over leveled

Edit: just got to the hunters hunted part of the guide and there is no quest that I've picked up named that can you please add to the guide where to pick that quest up.

Edit 2: It looks like you don't include completing Into the Light which is required for The Hunters Hunted

Edit 3: For A Master's Touch you said "The grateful Gavroche is now a 4-6 blacksmithing trainer. Pay him the 30,240 gold for the skill point." when it is Efyr who is the trainer Gavroche remains a repair vendor.
    With respect to the leveling, the guide comments at points with respect to leveling. There are three things to bear in mind:
    First, there are a number of achievements related to leveling and their associated destinies.
    Second, leveling is important for some things. For example, you can't get level 8 detect hidden much less level 10 detect hidden until you get to level 16. In fact, a thrust of page 4, Travelers, is to get you to level 16 so that you can fateweave yourself and acquire level 10 detect hidden.

By far the most time consuming if not tedious achievement is finding 175 lorestones. It becomes much almost a walk in the park after you have detect hidden at level 10. You'll find that leveling will differ substantially between players because the difference in random encounters. However, the quests described in page 4 are engineered to get you in the ballpark of level 16.

The bottom line is you, the player, should not need to worry that much about leveling. And when you do, the walkthrough provides the necessary road signs. You will never be under-leveled if you follow the walkthrough and there really is no such thing as being over-leveled in this game because the game has a scaling mechanism built into it. I could describe it but it's very complicated and would take quite a while.

Third: Skills. As you level up you get skill points. Skills are important to some achievements. Accordingly, the walkthrough will point out when it is necessary to invest in what skill in order to ensure that achievements are obtained or more easily obtained.

I've made some edits to make the walkthrough a little clearer. The walkthrough tells you what quests to do. I've now made it more explicit what quests to defer. For example, the walkthrough said:

Make the main quest, Into the Light, the active quest. Exit Shieldring. Follow the road that goes through the pass to the south towards the objective marker. Enter the Arden's Hut. Make an insurance save before talking to Alyn Shir. Talk to Arden after the persuasion check and then make Reprisal, Reprised your active quest--we'll get back to the main quest later on.

We pick up Into the Light automatically when we talk to Agarth. Instead of explicitly stating that, the walkthrough says it defers the main story till later. In fact, it defers the main story till the above paragraph.

However, as I was looking through the walkthrough, I couldn't find the paragraph on Dellach. That's the one that concludes Into the Light. Give me a day to research it properly to make sure I reinsert it in the right place.

Finally, you're absolutely right about Gavroche. He's the apprentice not the trainer. I'll fix that momentarily.

Thanks for your observations.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.