Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Xbox Hall of Fame: how mayonnaise made me lose my appetite for achievements

• CanezzaCanezza122,505
  • The Wet ChefThe Wet Chef379,600
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:04
    Ahahah the irony of the UK leder having the name Bond 007.
    There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:07
    Maybe I am in the minority here, but I do not understand why people would pay money for a quick completion, like all the Ratailka games, for example. I get that we are all achievement hunters here but, first and foremost, I am a gamer that enjoys good video games. A game that costs $5 to complete in 20 minutes and never touch again seems weird. That is just my opinion.
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA2,392,144
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:09
    Everyone games differently, everybody enjoys different things. Those endorphins are released by different triggers in different brains.

It find these really interesting though, it cool to see these games from a different perspective
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:17
    monkeybiscitz said:
    Maybe I am in the minority here, but I do not understand why people would pay money for a quick completion, like all the Ratailka games, for example. I get that we are all achievement hunters here but, first and foremost, I am a gamer that enjoys good video games. A game that costs $5 to complete in 20 minutes and never touch again seems weird. That is just my opinion.
    Man, I'm guilty of buying some of these cheap easy games, but I agree...lol. There isn't a ratailka game that I've played that I didn't detest nearly every second of. I have a few more to slog through, but then I'm done eith those (Unless they are like .99) In fact there are only a couple "easy" games I actually enjoyed. This gen is def tops when it comes to digital shovelware.

Did Mayo on PS4....don't think I can bring myself to do in on XB1. People will argue this, but outside of easy Gamerscore there are no redeemable qualities to the "game" unless you have a weird mayo fetish.
    Hola
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:17
    The Wet Chef said:
    Ahahah the irony of the UK leder having the name Bond 007.
    Wouldn't that be "coincidence," not "irony?"
  • JOHN SWFCJOHN SWFC394,558
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:20
    monkeybiscitz said:
    Aah, but the winner gets an absolutely free Xbox Series X worth £449.

Alright, so they'll have spent way more than that plus 19 days of their life soullessly grinding utterly garbage games, but they'll have that "free" Xbox. Apart from all those who did the same but didn't win and don't have anything to show for it but a gamercard full of crud games and hundreds of quid missing from their bank account...
  • crewdycrewdy645,333
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:23
    Great read! 🤙

monkeybiscitz said:
    I get the same feeling when people say they won’t play a great game because X achievement is too hard or it has an optional multiplayer with achievements. Seems alien to me... why not play it because it’s just a great game?!

I used to go very hard on Gamerscore but much like this article I started to wonder why I was putting myself through such terrible games and finishing games I literally cant stand for just a number. I’ll still pop the occasional quick completion if it comes on game pass, but my days of paying £5 for 20 minutes of nothing are long past me!

To each their own though 🙂
  • BeachemBeachem445,733
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:31
    monkeybiscitz said:
    I am a guy who loves to go to the bar and have a drink. I especially like craft beer. A craft beer at a pub is $6 usually. Paying $5 for an hour of fun does not seem that bad to me. Pick and choose what easy games you play. Some are actually really fun. Daggerhood, Prehistoric Dude, to name a couple.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:50
    I love to achievement hunt but I dont get a game just for an easy competition to inflate my score. I just like using them as a challenge and as a goal. I also have played some Ratailka games but I actually really injoyed them, like the Ultimate Sweet, Daggerhood, and Metal Gal. They are nice because they are cheap and I can have a good time with them. No they aren't the best but they are fun.
  • NappydugoutNappydugout557,804
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 18:58
    First time? haha
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,653
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:01
    Damn MoneyPenny must really want an XSX.
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:13
    Beachem said:
    monkeybiscitz said:
    I am a guy who loves to go to the bar and have a drink. I especially like craft beer. A craft beer at a pub is $6 usually. Paying $5 for an hour of fun does not seem that bad to me. Pick and choose what easy games you play. Some are actually really fun. Daggerhood, Prehistoric Dude, to name a couple.
    Fair enough lol
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:13
    Remember BITD they had turbo controllers that auto pressed buttons. Shame you couldn't use that LOL
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:14
    Great read. All of this is very relatable. laugh
  • BobBoxBody29BobBoxBody29362,491
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:16
    So spend $1,000 in cheap games to get a $500 console? Hmm...
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:21
    Beachem said:
    monkeybiscitz said:
    So glad my bar days are behind me. Fk that was a waste of $
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:22
    BobBoxBody29 said:
    So spend $1,000 in cheap games to get a $500 console? Hmm...
    Could always be an alt of one of the fellas with a mill GS. U know they have all of those quick games.
  • Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:25
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Remember BITD they had turbo controllers that auto pressed buttons. Shame you couldn't use that LOL
    Still do, chronus max from what I read is basically what the hori pad 2 was for the 360.
    Posted on 05 October 20 at 19:29
    SilentPlan3t said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Still do, chronus max from what I read is basically what the hori pad 2 was for the 360.
    Oye they are pricey but wow I had no idea this existed. TYVM.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.