The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 6th, 2020

• ShakasoShakaso625,098
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 03:06
    did they just now increase the price for AC:odyssey Gold from 19,99€ to 34,99€?facepalm
    They linked to the steampage not TSA, still wierd with the TT link since they didnt take the TT ratio for it (53%)
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom239,776
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 03:32, Edited on 08 October 20 at 03:33 by flashisdoom
    Shakaso said:
    did they just now increase the price for AC:odyssey Gold from 19,99€ to 34,99€?facepalm
    TheGuruRules said:
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Gold Edition is now only 65% off in the UK (£27.99)
  • ShakasoShakaso625,098
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 04:00
    flashisdoom said:
    Shakaso said:
    TheGuruRules said:
    oof ...

why tho?
    They linked to the steampage not TSA, still wierd with the TT link since they didnt take the TT ratio for it (53%)
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st485,611
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 09:53
    flashisdoom said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    flashisdoom said:
    Hmm some of those ass creed titles on sale seem interesting. As someone who has only played the first 2 games can someone tell me how the series has faired? I know at some point there was huge controversy over the quality of some of the releases but I've heard the last two (origins & odyssey i believe?) are much better. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the games?
    In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the numbered Assassins Creed games, they were all good and balanced, also their stories focused on Desmond Miles also, though probably need to play brotherhood and revelations if you want to figure out how Desmond achieved full synchronisation with Altair and Desmond ancestors to stop the bleeding effect.

The flash forward story of the other ac games after 4 are practically filler and with a very weak Sage arc. I cannot recommend Unity or Syndicate as both games were basically tech demos for gameplay that works. If you like Witcher 3 then you will like AC origins as it learns a lot from Witcher 3 while it comes to story based side quests.

Odyssey is a far bigger version of Origins and your character is basically a demi god.
    This is very helpful thanks so much!

Silicon Iceman said:
    flashisdoom said:
    Hmm some of those ass creed titles on sale seem interesting. As someone who has only played the first 2 games can someone tell me how the series has faired? I know at some point there was huge controversy over the quality of some of the releases but I've heard the last two (origins & odyssey i believe?) are much better. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the games?
    AC 1: Cool, but kind of repetitive.
    AC 2: Best of the franchise.
    AC Brotherhood: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC 2, but with more stuff.
    AC Revelations: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC Brotherhood, but with even more stuff to the point that you're left scratching your head.
    AC 3: We honestly don't know where we're going with this, but we're just throwing a bunch of stuff out there and see if any of it sticks.
    AC Black Flag: You know that ONE gaming mechanic that everyone liked from AC 3? Yeah? Well, let's build an entire game around that and call it a day.
    AC Rogue: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC Black Flag, but with more boring.
    AC Unity: The bastard, red-headed French cousin of the AC series.
    AC Syndicate: The drunk, limey cousin of the AC series. Still, way better than the French one.
    AC Chronicles China, India and Russia: What is this Super Mario crap?!
    AC Origins: Let's make a game about ancient Egypt that has absolutely nothing to do with Assassins Creed, but we'll throw in an two minute cut scene at the end to justify calling it one.
    AC Odyssey: Let's make a monstrously epic, RPG-lite game just like AC Origins, but instead, this one will be based around everything and anything that has to do with ancient Greece. A secret cult, mythological creatures, political intrigue, trireme battles, Spartan vs. Athenian wars, everything! What do we call it? Uh, I don't know- how about "Homer's Iliad?" No? Maybe: "Alexio's Odyssey?" No? Well, what about if we just write "Assassin's Creed" on the cover? Yeah? Okay, let's do that then.
    Not only was this super helpful with exactly what I was looking for but also a pretty entertaining read XD Thanks!
    Glad I could help.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st485,611
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 10:00, Edited on 08 October 20 at 10:11 by Matodion 1st
    Shakaso said:
    flashisdoom said:
    Shakaso said:
    TheGuruRules said:
    oof ...

why tho?
    Probably some intern at the Ubisoft marketing department forgot to run the sales through the "screw-over europe" protocol, only to be discovered a day later and corrected in the nick of time laugh.

Whew! so glad I didn't wait til the last day of sales to buy Odyssey gold like I usually do in sales. Same thing happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration earlier this year in March were the sales price increased from £3.74 to £7.49 by evening. Still kicking myself for that one.
  • EnoughBeck96EnoughBeck96247,277
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 20:29
    Price of AC Odyssey is wrong. Its £27.99 went to buy it thinking it was the £15.99 advertised here and its not. So annoyed now :(
    Enoughbeck96
  • CenosisCenosis147,613
    Posted on 09 October 20 at 14:27
    Picked up LEGO Batman 3 Deluxe and War Theatre.
  • Posted on 10 October 20 at 11:29
    Greedy fucks Ubisoft at it again I see. Was gonna by odyssey but won’t now
  • Posted on 10 October 20 at 16:29
    Titanfall 2 somehow got on sale so I picked it up. Highly recommend.
  • Deadsh0tGGDeadsh0tGG366,711
    Posted on 11 October 20 at 09:09
    I was about to buy AC Odyssey on PS4 since its 29.99€ over there when I saw that I can get a better deal on XONE. Besides, I own all but the last two mainline games here! smile

So, I was so bummed when I saw that the price was increased. Oh, well, I guess I can wait some more!
  • Ar0nP1aYz05Ar0nP1aYz05245,138
    Posted on 18 October 20 at 05:53
    TLMVG completed!
    Aron Franks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.