The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 6th, 2020

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,512
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 15:42
    The Outer Worlds is now at a reasonable price. It's a great deal on GamePass, but at ~60 USD was obscenely overpriced. Unfortunately, the DLC is not on sale. It's kind of silly to put the base game on sale and not the DLCs and/or season pass.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead569,671
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 18:51, Edited on 06 October 20 at 18:53 by HolyHalfDead
    vegansound said:
    I don't like the new way TA took about including Xbox 360 sales into the One's sales article. I know only the backcompatible titles are there, but wouldn't it be easier to make only one sales news and put filters with Xbox/360/One/DLCs options?

🤷
    It wasn’t TA that did this. Microsoft have now listed some X360 games on the X1 store. Those games can have a different base price, and be on sale at different times - so how would you decide which one to show? XS games are also listed on the X1 store.

Here’s another question for you, where would you list games like Valhalla or Infinite when they are on sale?

Just think of them as two stores - the Xbox store, and the legacy store (for as long as it lasts). TA will cover the sales for each store.

As for your filter request, TA already provide that:
    Latest Xbox Sales
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 06 October 20 at 20:12
    flashisdoom said:
    Hmm some of those ass creed titles on sale seem interesting. As someone who has only played the first 2 games can someone tell me how the series has faired? I know at some point there was huge controversy over the quality of some of the releases but I've heard the last two (origins & odyssey i believe?) are much better. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the games?
    AC 1: Cool, but kind of repetitive.
    AC 2: Best of the franchise.
    AC Brotherhood: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC 2, but with more stuff.
    AC Revelations: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC Brotherhood, but with even more stuff to the point that you're left scratching your head.
    AC 3: We honestly don't know where we're going with this, but we're just throwing a bunch of stuff out there and see if any of it sticks.
    AC Black Flag: You know that ONE gaming mechanic that everyone liked from AC 3? Yeah? Well, let's build an entire game around that and call it a day.
    AC Rogue: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC Black Flag, but with more boring.
    AC Unity: The bastard, red-headed French cousin of the AC series.
    AC Syndicate: The drunk, limey cousin of the AC series. Still, way better than the French one.
    AC Chronicles China, India and Russia: What is this Super Mario crap?!
    AC Origins: Let's make a game about ancient Egypt that has absolutely nothing to do with Assassins Creed, but we'll throw in an two minute cut scene at the end to justify calling it one.
    AC Odyssey: Let's make a monstrously epic, RPG-lite game just like AC Origins, but instead, this one will be based around everything and anything that has to do with ancient Greece. A secret cult, mythological creatures, political intrigue, trireme battles, Spartan vs. Athenian wars, everything! What do we call it? Uh, I don't know- how about "Homer's Iliad?" No? Maybe: "Alexio's Odyssey?" No? Well, what about if we just write "Assassin's Creed" on the cover? Yeah? Okay, let's do that then.
  • Posted on 06 October 20 at 20:43
    Does that mean Odyssey isn't really an AC game?
  • tsu4311tsu4311194,211
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 21:02
    Finally Mars war logs
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st511,251
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 22:34
    Ed AFCA said:
    Odyssey Gold just entered my backlog, thank you!
    Same toast
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 22:51
    flashisdoom said:
    Hmm some of those ass creed titles on sale seem interesting. As someone who has only played the first 2 games can someone tell me how the series has faired? I know at some point there was huge controversy over the quality of some of the releases but I've heard the last two (origins & odyssey i believe?) are much better. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the games?
    In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the numbered Assassins Creed games, they were all good and balanced, also their stories focused on Desmond Miles also, though probably need to play brotherhood and revelations if you want to figure out how Desmond achieved full synchronisation with Altair and Desmond ancestors to stop the bleeding effect.

The flash forward story of the other ac games after 4 are practically filler and with a very weak Sage arc. I cannot recommend Unity or Syndicate as both games were basically tech demos for gameplay that works. If you like Witcher 3 then you will like AC origins as it learns a lot from Witcher 3 while it comes to story based side quests.

Odyssey is a far bigger version of Origins and your character is basically a demi god.
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 23:03, Edited on 06 October 20 at 23:07 by Matodion 1st
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Does that mean Odyssey isn't really an AC game?
    I haven't played odyssey but From what I know, the character using the Animus is the same as Origins but now she is accessing memories as further back to first civilisation timeline of the Isu, The creators of the apples of edens and artifacts, who were worshipped by humans as Greek gods.

So it's still an Assassins Creed game with all Forest Gump level of historic cameos
  • vegansoundvegansound773,547
    Posted on 06 October 20 at 23:51
    HolyHalfDead said:
    It wasn’t TA that did this. Microsoft have now listed some X360 games on the X1 store.
    Ok, I didn't know MS changed their way of sorting things. But even if I agree that TA uses MS's features to automatically create boards with games/prices in it --it's way easier and quicker for TA for sure--, I'm not convinced TA should copy/past errors from MS. We know MS has several serious problems with updates. With time, they often take off features that were useful, or make dashboards worse and worse. And those different sales pages on their site could be good overthere, but on TA that mostly works with filters, the approach is different.

Those games can have a different base price
    A 360 game on 360 would have a price and its backward version another??! :-o

and be on sale at different times - so how would you decide which one to show?
    Once again: filters! TA can create a filter with options like Xbox/360/One/Backwards...

Here’s another question for you, where would you list games like Valhalla or Infinite when they are on sale?
    In a new option in the filters? Adding XSS/X to the list?

Latest Xbox Sales
    Yeah, everyone suggests this to me, but I don't like it. Several pages, no change view option available, can't sort as we want... One page with options/filter would be clearer.
  • Regna85Regna85150,701
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 03:27
    AC Odyssey Gold and Injustice 2 are really jumping out at me right now. I can almost feel them trying to take my card out of my wallet as I type this.
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 07:32, Edited on 07 October 20 at 07:33 by HolyHalfDead
    vegansound said:
    Those games can have a different base price
    A 360 game on 360 would have a price and its backward version another??! :-o
    Yes, but I don’t know why the prices can be different. I would say check both stores and buy from the cheapest, but if you buy from the Xbox One store it won’t show up in your Xbox 360 store purchase history - which is they only way to download delisted games.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 07:36
    vegansound said:
    Latest Xbox Sales
    Yeah, everyone suggests this to me, but I don't like it. Several pages, no change view option available, can't sort as we want... One page with options/filter would be clearer.
    You can sort by any column, just by clicking on it.
  • Posted on 07 October 20 at 09:23
    I've asked this before but either never got a response or forgot which thread I posted in. Before the site update I used to get messages in my inbox about the sales. They used to actually only include the games on my wish list which was very convenient. Now I get the same type of notification in the notifications tab but unfortunately that links to the entire list of games on sale and I have to sort through which games I actually want to purchase. Those messages in my opinion were one of the most convenient and best features of the site. I still get them on my truetrophies and truesteam accounts. But since the site update I no longer get them here and it doesn't show up in my "my subscriptions" list. And I can't find anywhere where I can subscribe to those updates now. Was this feature discontinued? And if not, how do I get it to work for me again? If there's a thread that answers this question or another thread where I should post these questions I'd really appreciate someone either messaging me via inbox or quoting my post so I get a notification and let me know where I should be looking. Any help to get an answer about this would be greatly appreciated. So thank you in advance.
    wildandcrazygal
  • vegansoundvegansound773,547
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 11:03
    HolyHalfDead said:
    You can sort by any column, just by clicking on it.
    Sure thing, but we can't change the view: with or without the game cover, listing or in a board, and for this week's sales it takes 4 pages. Imagine for Summer sales or Black Friday sales, it would be 20 pages without the possibility of changing the view...
  • TheGuruRulesTheGuruRules241,782
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 18:52
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Gold Edition is now only 65% off in the UK (£27.99)
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom316,554
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 19:25
    Matodion 1st said:
    flashisdoom said:
    In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the numbered Assassins Creed games, they were all good and balanced, also their stories focused on Desmond Miles also, though probably need to play brotherhood and revelations if you want to figure out how Desmond achieved full synchronisation with Altair and Desmond ancestors to stop the bleeding effect.

The flash forward story of the other ac games after 4 are practically filler and with a very weak Sage arc. I cannot recommend Unity or Syndicate as both games were basically tech demos for gameplay that works. If you like Witcher 3 then you will like AC origins as it learns a lot from Witcher 3 while it comes to story based side quests.

Odyssey is a far bigger version of Origins and your character is basically a demi god.
    This is very helpful thanks so much!

Silicon Iceman said:
    flashisdoom said:
    AC 1: Cool, but kind of repetitive.
    AC 2: Best of the franchise.
    AC Brotherhood: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC 2, but with more stuff.
    AC Revelations: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC Brotherhood, but with even more stuff to the point that you're left scratching your head.
    AC 3: We honestly don't know where we're going with this, but we're just throwing a bunch of stuff out there and see if any of it sticks.
    AC Black Flag: You know that ONE gaming mechanic that everyone liked from AC 3? Yeah? Well, let's build an entire game around that and call it a day.
    AC Rogue: Just giving you more of what you liked about AC Black Flag, but with more boring.
    AC Unity: The bastard, red-headed French cousin of the AC series.
    AC Syndicate: The drunk, limey cousin of the AC series. Still, way better than the French one.
    AC Chronicles China, India and Russia: What is this Super Mario crap?!
    AC Origins: Let's make a game about ancient Egypt that has absolutely nothing to do with Assassins Creed, but we'll throw in an two minute cut scene at the end to justify calling it one.
    AC Odyssey: Let's make a monstrously epic, RPG-lite game just like AC Origins, but instead, this one will be based around everything and anything that has to do with ancient Greece. A secret cult, mythological creatures, political intrigue, trireme battles, Spartan vs. Athenian wars, everything! What do we call it? Uh, I don't know- how about "Homer's Iliad?" No? Maybe: "Alexio's Odyssey?" No? Well, what about if we just write "Assassin's Creed" on the cover? Yeah? Okay, let's do that then.
    Not only was this super helpful with exactly what I was looking for but also a pretty entertaining read XD Thanks!
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom316,554
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 19:52, Edited on 07 October 20 at 19:57 by flashisdoom
    Odyssey Ultimate Edition is showing up as $29.99 when I add to cart for me instead of the $23.99 shown in this article. Pointing it out to anyone who cares. Cosmetics don't really look that good so I'm fine sticking with the gold edition
  • blueracer442blueracer442636,129
    Posted on 07 October 20 at 22:40
    Allgorhythm said:
    I was going to pick up Vosaria: Lair of the Forgotten but saw it had a platinum wannabe so I passed:
    Vosaria: Lair of the ForgottenCompletionist!The Completionist! achievement in Vosaria: Lair of the Forgotten worth 693 pointsGet all the other achievements.

If I want a platinum trophy, I'll play the PlayStation version.
    That seems like a weird reason. Especially since games had achievements like that before trophies were even a thing.
    Stay Classy TA
  • Posted on 07 October 20 at 23:08
    TheGuruRules said:
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Gold Edition is now only 65% off in the UK (£27.99)
    Yeah was $31ish NZD a couple of days ago now it’s $55.00- I’m gutted
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,512
    Posted on 08 October 20 at 02:25
    blueracer442 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    I was going to pick up Vosaria: Lair of the Forgotten but saw it had a platinum wannabe so I passed:
    Vosaria: Lair of the ForgottenCompletionist!The Completionist! achievement in Vosaria: Lair of the Forgotten worth 693 pointsGet all the other achievements.

If I want a platinum trophy, I'll play the PlayStation version.
    That seems like a weird reason. Especially since games had achievements like that before trophies were even a thing.
    I cannot think of any. I can understand the PlayStation model. The platinum trophy signifies a game completion. So, the number of platinum trophies indicates the number of game completions excluding the few games that don't include a platinum. The XBox model is different. It uses a numeric system. An achievement that says you've got the other achievements is redundant. If it were just a case of redundancy, though, I wouldn't be concerned about it. However, when I go to Platinum wannabes like:
    Ghost Blade HD Achievements
    12 players are shown on the Achievement Distribution Table as having 37 achievements. This should be impossible because obtaining the 37th achievement should automatically unlock the Platinum wannabe.
    Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight Achievements
    2 players have 9 achievements--again, supposed to be impossible because the 9th achievement should unlock the Platinum wannabe as the 10th & final achievement.
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments Achievements
    55 gamers have unlocked 24 achievements where the 24th achievement is supposed to unlock the Platinum wannabe.
    And the list goes on. Different developers, different types of games--yet, wherever you have a platinum wannabe developers seem to have problems avoiding glitches. So, to avoid the glitch, I tend to avoid games with Platinum wannabes. It's not a hard and fast rule. I just played the newly released Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning prepared to take a hit in case the Platinum wannabe glitched. It did not glitch for me but has for others.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.