Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 13th, 2020

• Master PantzMaster Pantz233,478
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 18:47
    One Piece World Seeker Deluxe finally 75%
    got it
  • SeitzzSeitzz970,003
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 19:08
    Pass this week, though seeing the Civ VI expansion seemingly getting incrementally cheaper is nice. Hopefully just a few more months til everything is where I'm good with it. Quite a lot of DLC to purchase along with the base game.
  • Throni360Throni3601,559,303
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 19:27
    Master Pantz said:
    One Piece World Seeker Deluxe finally 75%
    got it
    Is the game good? It looks like it may be fun.
  • HosseinGTHosseinGT147,434
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 22:43
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sega Mega Drive Classics had some pretty bad Audio and shuttering issues when it came out. Can anyone let me know if they have been fixed since?
    I bought it three months ago on another weekly sale and I have no problems except when I play SEGA games more than like an hour then sometimes the bad audio problem happens and I have to save the game and then select it again from SEGA cartridges to make audio normal again.
    I have unlocked all of its achievements and this only happens two or three times for me.
    I wish I had money to escape from fucking Iran.
  • tsu4311tsu4311188,300
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 23:04
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Archetype Axis said:
    Does anyone here buy a lot less games than they used to with GamePass? I had Blasphemous on my wishlist for a while, but I keep holding off thinking it will come to GP.
    Annoyingly yes lol. I legit want that game as well, but keep thinking it’d be a perfect gamepass addition. Still debating on it though, bc the little I payed this past weekend I FkN loved! rock
    Oh yea i don't buy unless i will play it right away for fear of it coming to GP
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou263,494
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 23:14
    HosseinGT said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sega Mega Drive Classics had some pretty bad Audio and shuttering issues when it came out. Can anyone let me know if they have been fixed since?
    I bought it three months ago on another weekly sale and I have no problems except when I play SEGA games more than like an hour then sometimes the bad audio problem happens and I have to save the game and then select it again from SEGA cartridges to make audio normal again.
    I have unlocked all of its achievements and this only happens two or three times for me.
    Ty most interested in Landstalker long as I can play that im good hehe.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st497,744
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 07:38
    tsu4311 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Archetype Axis said:
    Does anyone here buy a lot less games than they used to with GamePass? I had Blasphemous on my wishlist for a while, but I keep holding off thinking it will come to GP.
    Annoyingly yes lol. I legit want that game as well, but keep thinking it’d be a perfect gamepass addition. Still debating on it though, bc the little I payed this past weekend I FkN loved! rock
    Oh yea i don't buy unless i will play it right away for fear of it coming to GP
    Yeah I dont buy Square, Namco or Bethseda knowing that they will eventually arrive on gamepass. other than that, I have being buying way ever since I restricted my purchases to only buying at 70% off or more so that my backlog can stop piling up at a high rate.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion718,190
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 14:05, Edited on 14 October 20 at 14:41 by Boots Orion
    Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition is 60% off. So is the standard edition.
    Halo 5 is also on sale.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan125,341
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0258,599
    Posted on 17 October 20 at 02:49
    wolfsburgraz said:
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Anyone here played Rad? I'm a big Double Fine fan, but I don't know if I would like this game. It seems to be a 3rd person action game with rogue lite elements, but I don't know how that translates to the actual gameplay, or if it is fun.
    I bought it at launch and would recommend it for the current price. I like the synth music, the whole retro aesthetic, the menu announcer guy. It's pretty hard for me, I haven't completed a run yet. I've done around two dozen or so and got to world 3-2. There are some accessibility options to make it easier, I haven't tried them yet.

The gameplay loop is basic, you get dumped in a world and have to activate some towers to open a door to defeat the level boss. There are caves and overworld sections, tapes to collect (the currency), floppy disks to collect (keys to unlock chests). You gather radiation as you defeat enemies that grant you random mutations. In the cave sections there are giant statues that grant you perks.

Some of the mutations are difficult to make proper use of but once in a while you get a set of powers that lets go deep. Later in the game you can get negative ones that hamper you. You don't seem to get any permanent character upgrades between runs. All of your progress seems tied to depositing money in the bank to let you use it in the field, buying stuff at the shop so there's more variety between runs, and there's a bar that fills up whenever you die that unlocks some stuff I honestly haven't paid enough attention to to tell you.

It has a pretty high ratio and only 5 out of 1634 players on TA have completed all achievements, so I guess that's a consideration if you're into completion.
    Thanks for the info, you're the real MVP.
    Finally gaming on the One.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz574,329
    Posted on 18 October 20 at 15:05
    I wanted to take a moment to shout out Taimumari: Complete Edition. I bought it on price and because I love checking out indie stuff and found it to be a real gem. The combat and magic is super satisfying, the jumping, dashing and air dashing all feel extremely tight and the story is actually kind of endearing.

I figured it would just be a middling easy gamerscore game that lured people in with anime ladies and am happy to be wrong. I will definitely be checking out this developer's other games!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.