The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: October 13th, 2020

• Tatl360Tatl360343,891
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 16:26
    ElBlaze2010 said:
    I'm quite interested by Thunder Wolves I haven't played any flying combat games on the Xbox and looks like that could be a fun little completion.

However the only thing that puts me off is that it has CO OP achievements and it's getting increasingly difficult to find boosters for unpopular/lesser known 360 & XBLA titles.

If anyone else is interested in playing the game just send me a PM before the end of the week and I'll get it purchased and we can set something up.
    Thunder Wolves is easy to 100% alone. The game is ok. A bit amateurish in my opinion.
    It's like they focused on dialogue instead of anything else roll
  • Posted on 13 October 20 at 18:51
    If I buy Pac-Man CE DX+ on the microsoft.com store, can I play it on my 360? It is still 9.99 on the marketplace.
  • Posted on 13 October 20 at 21:19
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Mostly the same rotation of games on sale here...
    EDIT: Posted the historical sales price data below.

Also noticed that pac-man CE and some DLC (no achievements) is on sale via BC marketplace.
    Far cry 3 dlc (no achievements) is also on sale
    Sniper Ghost Warrior DLC is also on sale

=============================
    In terms of sales frequency (earliest to most recent)

- May 6th 2019 - Pac-Man CE DX All You can eat add-on pack DLC

- July 16th 2019 - Pac-Man CE DX

- Jun 3rd 2020 - Sniper Ghost Warrior, SGW Second Strike DLC

- Jun 5th 2020 - Far Cry Classic, Far Cry 2, Far Cry 4

- Jun 23rd - Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations, Sonic Unleashed

- Aug 11th - Avatar TLA TBE, Thunder Wolves, Zombie Driver HD

- Sep 1 - Far Cry 3 Blood Drgaon, Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle DLC

- Sep 29th - Things on Wheels

=========================
    Sales BETTER THAN previous best:

Sniper Ghost Warrior (1.39, pb 2.24)
    Sniper Ghost Warrior Second Strike (0.99, pb 2.79)

========================
    Sales AT previous best:

- Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle DLC
    - Pac Man CE DX
    - Pac Man CE DX - All you can eat add-on pack
    - Sonic Adventure 2
    - Sonic Generations
    - Sonic Unleashed
    - Things on Wheels

====================
    Sales HIGHER THAN previous best:

- Avatar TLA TBE (4.99, pb 2.99 10/15/19)
    - Far Cry 2 (5.99, pb 1.79 6/2/20)
    - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (4.49, pb 3.74 1/25/16)
    - Far Cry 4 (8.99, pb 2.69 6/2/20)
    - Thunder Wolves (2.49, pb 1.49 7/16/19)
    - Zombie Driver HD (2.49, pb 1.49 10/24/19)
    Thank you! The added info (dlc) is a great addition!
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan152,466
    Posted on 13 October 20 at 21:25
    PositiveDefinit said:
    If I buy Pac-Man CE DX+ on the microsoft.com store, can I play it on my 360? It is still 9.99 on the marketplace.
    Yes, any 360 content purchased on the BC marketplace will also show up as purchased on the 360 marketplace
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007163,877
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 00:05
    I already have Sniper Ghost Warrior and dlc on PC but at those prices, I may as well get them on Xbox as well.
  • Posted on 14 October 20 at 00:27
    TwistedTB said:
    I need the DLC for Far Cry 4 since I bought it last time it was on sale at a stupidly low price (way less than this sale, 8.99 probably not worth it), but let me guess, no DLC sale? Not that I would learn that info from the TA sale page, since their scanners no longer pick up that info. Just crap all around. All stuff that has been previously on sale for lower prices. Complete waste of time.
    I'm in the exact same boat. Bought FC4 at the same time as you. Season Pass is still $30 in Canada! And I bought the FC3 DLC on a great sale, but FC3 itself never goes on sale. Is listed at $20. Insane prices. Will get a used version on ebay for FC3, but I need that FC4 dlc to go on sale - can't justify $30 to finish it!
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB882,763
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 02:16
    WanderingPlotor said:
    TwistedTB said:
    I need the DLC for Far Cry 4 since I bought it last time it was on sale at a stupidly low price (way less than this sale, 8.99 probably not worth it), but let me guess, no DLC sale? Not that I would learn that info from the TA sale page, since their scanners no longer pick up that info. Just crap all around. All stuff that has been previously on sale for lower prices. Complete waste of time.
    I'm in the exact same boat. Bought FC4 at the same time as you. Season Pass is still $30 in Canada! And I bought the FC3 DLC on a great sale, but FC3 itself never goes on sale. Is listed at $20. Insane prices. Will get a used version on ebay for FC3, but I need that FC4 dlc to go on sale - can't justify $30 to finish it!
    Yeah I did Far Cry 3 on disc, you can probably find it cheap used. Same thing for Far Cry Instincts Predator for the people that wanted that. FC3 was a great game, but I don't think it had any DLC achievements? Its been a while I don't remember precisely. Unless the co-op mode was DLC? I got the remaster for X1, looking forward to playing that at some point.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 14 October 20 at 03:09, Edited on 14 October 20 at 03:10 by PositiveDefinit
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Yes, any 360 content purchased on the BC marketplace will also show up as purchased on the 360 marketplace
    Thanks for the reply. Is there any source for your claim? I meant purchasing PAC-MAN CE DX+ from the desktop microsoft.com not from the xbox one browser. (I assume BC marketplace means microsoft.com.)

The reason I ask, is that I redeemed Armed and Dangerous (GwG) on microsoft.com. It did not show as purchased on marketplace.xbox.com until I did that manually. Or is that just a weird thing with Games with Gold? I prefer scheduling downloads from my pc. If I didn't do the manual redemption, would I have been able to get it from my 360's download history/list anyway?

DLC should follow the same principles, right? Sorry for the niche problem, but I am still playing only on the Xbox 360.
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 11:27
    PositiveDefinit said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Thanks for the reply. Is there any source for your claim? I meant purchasing PAC-MAN CE DX+ from the desktop microsoft.com not from the xbox one browser. (I assume BC marketplace means microsoft.com.)

The reason I ask, is that I redeemed Armed and Dangerous (GwG) on microsoft.com. It did not show as purchased on marketplace.xbox.com until I did that manually. Or is that just a weird thing with Games with Gold? I prefer scheduling downloads from my pc. If I didn't do the manual redemption, would I have been able to get it from my 360's download history/list anyway?

DLC should follow the same principles, right? Sorry for the niche problem, but I am still playing only on the Xbox 360.
    I understand. My source is simply personal experience. There’s been several games purchased that were on sale via BC marketplace only that I was then able to go download via my Xbox 360 and they showed up as “download again”.
  • Sonic1994PLSonic1994PL209,110
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 13:44, Edited on 14 October 20 at 13:45 by Sonic1994PL
    I can't download the Avatar TLA TBE game. I have Gold and payment options and billing correctly. I'm on still Xbox 360 and what happen? My region is France for now with some reason...
    Multiple console collector. Only Original Xbox and Xbox 360 owner with Xbox family.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm515,767
    Posted on 14 October 20 at 16:04
    OK, I got the hint. I've bought and played Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. How about something else?
  • Posted on 14 October 20 at 23:50, Edited on 14 October 20 at 23:51 by SpartanWolf 187
    Bought the Unravel Bundle. Looking forward to finally playing it, it always seemed like a cool game to me
  • HosseinGTHosseinGT257,451
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 21:52
    SpartanWolf 187 said:
    Bought the Unravel Bundle. Looking forward to finally playing it, it always seemed like a cool game to me
    Cool game but with brutally hard achievements (Unravel 2).
    I managed to unlocked all achievements for Unravel 1 but I cannot unlock any of those Gold medals no matter how hard I try in Unravel 2.
    You're right, it's a cool game but as long as you don't care about achievements.
    I wish I had money to escape from fucking Iran.
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 02:59, Edited on 16 October 20 at 03:00 by SpartanWolf 187
    HosseinGT said:
    SpartanWolf 187 said:
    Cool game but with brutally hard achievements (Unravel 2).
    I managed to unlocked all achievements for Unravel 1 but I cannot unlock any of those Gold medals no matter how hard I try in Unravel 2.
    You're right, it's a cool game but as long as you don't care about achievements.
    Well I do care about achievements lol, percentage then ratio are the TA stats I care most about. With that being said I care more about enjoying great games for the experience first. Then achievements hunt /complete second. I have heard that Unravel two had some really hard achievements, beating levels in certain times if I remember right. Great job completing Unravel 1! I will probably start it up fairly soon. I enjoy these types of games from time to time.
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 03:58
    GT3OptionFan said:
    I understand. My source is simply personal experience. There’s been several games purchased that were on sale via BC marketplace only that I was then able to go download via my Xbox 360 and they showed up as “download again”.
    It worked! Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:17, Edited on 17 October 20 at 09:39 by FireDrake007
    FireDrake007 said:
    I already have Sniper Ghost Warrior and dlc on PC but at those prices, I may as well get them on Xbox as well.
    What clinched the deal for me is when I tried playing the game on steam I encountered a glitch where the intro is upside down.

There probably is a way to fix that glitch but I though why not just play it glitch free on my Xbox 360 at this bargain price.
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:20
    SpartanWolf 187 said:
    I was considering it but with EA Play being added to Gamepass Ultimate in a month or so, I know I will have to access to it by then.
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:22, Edited on 16 October 20 at 06:28 by FireDrake007
    GT3OptionFan said:
    For those of you here that have GWG and Xbox One:

Heads up, Trine 4 is FREE for GWG via the South Korea Microsoft site:
    https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/597110
    I claimed that a few days ago on Xbox. It was the only game in the Trine series I didn't have on either PC or Xbox, so I was really happy to get it for free.
  • ElBlaze2010ElBlaze2010207,341
    Posted on 18 October 20 at 23:51
    Tatl360 said:
    ElBlaze2010 said:
    I'm quite interested by Thunder Wolves I haven't played any flying combat games on the Xbox and looks like that could be a fun little completion.

However the only thing that puts me off is that it has CO OP achievements and it's getting increasingly difficult to find boosters for unpopular/lesser known 360 & XBLA titles.

If anyone else is interested in playing the game just send me a PM before the end of the week and I'll get it purchased and we can set something up.
    Thunder Wolves is easy to 100% alone. The game is ok. A bit amateurish in my opinion.
    It's like they focused on dialogue instead of anything else roll
    Thanks! Just went ahead and bought it before the sale ends tomorrow
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.