Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Series X|S launch lineup revealed — 30 games optimised for next-gen

• II Kazz IIII Kazz II1,434,579
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 21:17
    New console has 30 old games...honestly, this is the worst next gen console release ever in terms of excitement.
  • PauldnbPauldnb1,142,473
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 21:32
    Wow so many hot-takes here jeez, this is only 30 day one release titles, last I heard it will be around 100. 60 new optimized and 40 BC.. glad I got a ton of backlog. loading times and everything on a new console will keep me busy well in 2021.
  • IXI FalcoNIXI FalcoN1,676,246
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 22:24
    So if we cut out the filler (ports and smart deliveries of already released games) that leaves us with:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
    Bright Memory
    Dirt 5 (Smart Delivery)
    Enlisted
    Evergate
    The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
    NBA 2K21
    Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
    Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)

That's a pretty sad launch lineup. Losing Halo Infinite was a huge blow. And no, Sony's lineup isn't much better.

With that said, I feel much more optimistic about the future of Xbox and MS's place in the gaming industry than I did in 2013. The hardware isn't grossly lagging behind this time, there's been no misplaced focus on gimmicky bullshit, and we have a variety of in-house titles to look forward to thanks to the many studio acquisitions made in the last couple of years. MS have positioned themselves very well for this gen and we'll see the payoff within the next 2 years.

I'm excited for the Series X, just not in 2020.
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,325,524
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 22:37
    No Gems of War? Dammit!!
  • foodfood128,997
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 22:44
    Facial La Fleur said:
    No Gems of War? Dammit!!
    LOL. Real talk, that's probably my favorite F2P this generation.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase397,856
    Posted on 15 October 20 at 23:08
    IXI FalcoN said:
    So if we cut out the filler (ports and smart deliveries of already released games) that leaves us with:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
    Bright Memory
    Dirt 5 (Smart Delivery)
    Enlisted
    Evergate
    The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
    NBA 2K21
    Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
    Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)

That's a pretty sad launch lineup. Losing Halo Infinite was a huge blow. And no, Sony's lineup isn't much better.

With that said, I feel much more optimistic about the future of Xbox and MS's place in the gaming industry than I did in 2013. The hardware isn't grossly lagging behind this time, there's been no misplaced focus on gimmicky bullshit, and we have a variety of in-house titles to look forward to thanks to the many studio acquisitions made in the last couple of years. MS have positioned themselves very well for this gen and we'll see the payoff within the next 2 years.

I'm excited for the Series X, just not in 2020.
    They are wrapping up a deal and will be announcing another acquisition soon too. Most likely WB or Bungie. Plus their deal with Gamestop. M$ aren't pulling any punches.
  • Rossa117Rossa117473,290
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 00:17, Edited on 16 October 20 at 00:19 by Rossa117
    Control Ultimate Edition physical is set to launch in a few days, I'm guessing that means it should be a launch optimise title as well? Unless 505 has said otherwise?
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 01:13
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    https://gamicus.gamepedia.com/List_of_video_game_console_lau...
    Dropping this link for all of you who are saying that this is the worst launch list ever. Y'all are either too young to have lived through a previous launch or your recollection is bad. The N64 launched with 2 games. Both the 360 and One had mostly annual sports games or a better version of a game that also launched for the previous generation console. You were also buying a NEW console to EXCLUSIVELY play those games. This is the first time BC has been all inclusive, we're getting the best of worlds. I really can't understand the butthurt.
    Most launch titles throughout history have sucked anyway. There have been a few gems, but mostly they have been glorified tech demos.
    I really dont understand your butthurt over peoples opinion on nextgen are you "butthurt" that youre spending $400 on a system with no real next gen only games. With most of the launch line up being playable on Xbox 1. If you dont have a 4k TV or dont care about load times then their is no reason to go next-gen
    You have to be the most negative person I've ever met, and I work with a bunch of old dudes that constantly complain, so that's saying something.

I have a 4k TV (I really don't understand how or why anyone doesn't) and load times are lame. I have over 300 games, most of which I've never played. I have a very valid reason for purchasing a new console.
    I'm not butthurt. I'm tired of people acting like the new consoles have no reason to exist just because they don't care about BC/4K/60FPS. If it's not for you, that's awesome! That's also part of Microsoft's plan, which is (at least at this point) why all games are playable on all versions of the One. Which brings me back to my original point : Why be negative about it? Why post negatively when you can continue to game the way you currently are, for at least the next year or two, and effectively ignore the new consoles.
    I just really don't understand your logic. If there were 15 brand new Exclusives (that could only be played on the Series Ones) that were launch titles, would that suddenly sway you to the point that you would buy a new console?
    Funny how you just proved my point. Why buy a $400 console when everything is playable on Xbox 1. And if there was atleast 8 exclusive next gen only games i would concider the Series X. And ya im ignoring the series X/Ps5 for atleast 3 years when the good games start to come out
    Funny how I didn't prove your point at all, your point is still lost to me.
    Judging from your post on this article, and your previous posts on other articles, you wouldn't buy a Series X Day 1 if there were 200 launch titles. You will play on your current Xbox One until new releases are not supported. You will also complain every time that you play a game that is optimized for the Series X on your current console because it runs like shit and you can't comprehend why/how your experience doesn't match that of everyone elses.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7534,173
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 01:14
    Surprised to see Yes, Your Grace on the list. It's a great title that I recommend to others, but it's a pixel art game. Not really a show of force for the Series X.
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 01:15
    RossaF1 said:
    Control Ultimate Edition physical is set to launch in a few days, I'm guessing that means it should be a launch optimise title as well? Unless 505 has said otherwise?
    Yes....but maybe. It's been confirmed that version will have a free upgrade, but not the exact date unfortunately
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 01:33
    I'm so ready for next gen nov 10th cant come soon enough
  • J2B9J2B91,049,629
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 02:18
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Waaaay offtopic question but i'm hoping someone Could help me. I just did a rewards quest for 6,000 points for purchasing NHL 21. I activated the punch card for the first green check mark the from the screen i purchased/pre-ordered NHL 21 but i never received the second green check mark did i do something wrong?
    pre-orders never count for those quests which is stupid. Refund it and buy the game when it releases if you want the points.
  • Mossberg AZMossberg AZ167,790
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 03:40
    What exactly is smart delivery mean. Will in game progress and achievements progress transfer over. Game will have same achievement list, same game. Worried it gonna be like the gta5 xbox 360 to the xbox one. Brand new game with 2 lists
  • justG0TwickedjustG0Twicked1,159,269
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 03:54
    Almost none of these games are new................kind of a letdown launch lineup.
    WIKD
  • NMANOZNMANOZ839,981
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 04:03
    I want a list of games at launch which aren't also playable on the XB1.
  • AceAce1,088,813
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 05:04
    I'm surprised Fallout 4 isn't on the list considering it was in the advert/trailer about the optimization.
  • AceAce1,088,813
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 05:05
    Mossberg AZ said:
    What exactly is smart delivery mean. Will in game progress and achievements progress transfer over. Game will have same achievement list, same game. Worried it gonna be like the gta5 xbox 360 to the xbox one. Brand new game with 2 lists
    You're on the wrong site if you're worried about stackable achievement lists. The vast majority of players here would love the smart delivery titles to come with a new stack.
  • Kino PlaysKino Plays527,604
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 05:21
    Visions of Gore said:
    This is the first time BC has been all inclusive, we're getting the best of worlds.
    Not quite, remember, the Wii was BC with Gamecube games at launch.

Infact, a lot of Nintendo's systems [particularly the handhelds] have been BC right from day 1.

Overall, quite a lot of systems have had some form of BC at launch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Backward-compatible_v...

Though this may be the most extensive BC support to date.
    'Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.' -Martin Luther King Jr
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead650,538
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 05:50, Edited on 16 October 20 at 06:08 by HolyHalfDead
    Wow, so many people with no memory of previous console launches claiming this is a bad line up.

Now I'm not going to pick some turkey like the Dreamcast. But let's take the PS2, that was a great console right? Probably came out when you were 3 years old. These were the launch titles:
    A-Train 6
    DrumMania
    Eternal Ring
    Kakinoki Shogi IV
    Kessen
    Mahjong Taikai III
    Morita Shogi
    Ridge Racer V
    Stepping Selection
    Street Fighter EX3

What about the GameCube, another well respected console:
    Luigi's Mansion
    Wave Race: Blue Storm
    Super Monkey Ball

Hmm, Xbox Series X|S list not looking quite so bad now, huh.

Let's take a look at the Xbox One line up, which may be the only launch you are actually old enough to remember. On first glance it doesn't look too bad:
    Angry Birds Star Wars
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Dead Rising 3
    FIFA 14
    Fighter Within
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Just Dance 2014
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    Skylanders Swap Force
    Zoo Tycoon
    Zumba Fitness World Party

Until you remove all the Xbox 360 titles and are left with just:
    Dead Rising 3
    Fighter Within
    Forza Motorsport 5
    NBA Live 14
    Ryse: Son of Rome

There was no Halo game for Xbox 360 launch or Xbox One launch either.

But hey, I know when you are young and full of angst and tension and hormones it is supercool to say that everything is wack, even when it isn't.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Mossberg AZMossberg AZ167,790
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:09
    Ace#4617 said:
    Mossberg AZ said:
    You're on the wrong site if you're worried about stackable achievement lists. The vast majority of players here would love the smart delivery titles to come with a new stack.
    Yea. I'm just worried that I have to start over after putting 150+ hrs into gears 5 and forza horizon 4, gta5 and other games like that if I want to play on new system. Mainly just didn't know what smart delivery means
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.