Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Series X|S launch lineup revealed — 30 games optimised for next-gen

• Mossberg AZMossberg AZ167,790
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:16
    NMANOZ said:
    I want a list of games at launch which aren't also playable on the XB1.
    I think Microsoft is making everything playable on the one. You just won't get the optimization of graphics and load times. And I think that's the best decision they can make. Lots of people say there not getting new console and some even mad about it cuz their is now series x or s only titles.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead650,538
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:41
    Mossberg AZ said:
    Ace#4617 said:
    Mossberg AZ said:
    What exactly is smart delivery mean. Will in game progress and achievements progress transfer over. Game will have same achievement list, same game. Worried it gonna be like the gta5 xbox 360 to the xbox one. Brand new game with 2 lists
    You're on the wrong site if you're worried about stackable achievement lists. The vast majority of players here would love the smart delivery titles to come with a new stack.
    Yea. I'm just worried that I have to start over after putting 150+ hrs into gears 5 and forza horizon 4, gta5 and other games like that if I want to play on new system. Mainly just didn't know what smart delivery means
    Smart Delivery is fantastic. It means you can play your game on at least 4 different platforms, and it will look and play at it's best. Your progress and achievements will follow you. And it if is also an Xbox Play Anywhere title (and you didn't buy it on disc) you can also continue playing on your PC.

The only Xbox Series X|S games that will have stackable achievements will be Xbox One remasters, that may or may not be made available for free to owners of the Xbox One version. For example Overcooked.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead650,538
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 06:43, Edited on 16 October 20 at 06:51 by HolyHalfDead
    Mossberg AZ said:
    NMANOZ said:
    I want a list of games at launch which aren't also playable on the XB1.
    I think Microsoft is making everything playable on the one. You just won't get the optimization of graphics and load times. And I think that's the best decision they can make. Lots of people say there not getting new console and some even mad about it cuz their is now series x or s only titles.
    Yes, for at least 2 years, every Microsoft game will work on all 4 consoles.

NMANOZ, I believe this is the list you want:
    Bright Memory

But putting it into perspective, Xbox One launched with only FIVE new games.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • NMANOZNMANOZ839,981
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 07:28
    That is why we won't see Forza 8 until after the 2 years, it won't be on the XB1.
  • Thief000Thief000984,313
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 07:45
    Ace#4617 said:
    Mossberg AZ said:
    What exactly is smart delivery mean. Will in game progress and achievements progress transfer over. Game will have same achievement list, same game. Worried it gonna be like the gta5 xbox 360 to the xbox one. Brand new game with 2 lists
    You're on the wrong site if you're worried about stackable achievement lists. The vast majority of players here would love the smart delivery titles to come with a new stack.
    That's very true, but this community also doesn't represent the rest of the Xbox gaming community. The rest would vastly prefer the smart delivery value over additional achievements. Most gamers aren't achievement/trophy hunters and for good reason.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,438,779
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 08:47, Edited on 16 October 20 at 08:49 by Sensei Neo
    GruelingJSR said:
    Tetris Effect on launch is all I need
    Thats what I would choose, if I was getting it.

On another note, I don't think 'optimised' games should be included in the launch lineup. Thats just padding
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 09:02
    food said:
    Facial La Fleur said:
    No Gems of War? Dammit!!
    LOL. Real talk, that's probably my favorite F2P this generation.
    Yes!!!! That would be cool! IMO I love buying upgrades, especially if it's been 4 years since I last upgraded my XBOX. If I was to go PS5 route that would be a waste of money since I have zero games for the PS so I would start from the bottom. At least here I get all my backlog, game pass, upgraded system, etc. For me it's a win win! The games will come like they always do and my backlog will grow like it always does!
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76684,845
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 10:19, Edited on 16 October 20 at 12:34 by Elite1111111111
    Visions of Gore said:
    https://gamicus.gamepedia.com/List_of_video_game_console_lau...
    Dropping this link for all of you who are saying that this is the worst launch list ever. Y'all are either too young to have lived through a previous launch or your recollection is bad. The N64 launched with 2 games. Both the 360 and One had mostly annual sports games or a better version of a game that also launched for the previous generation console. You were also buying a NEW console to EXCLUSIVELY play those games. This is the first time BC has been all inclusive, we're getting the best of worlds. I really can't understand the complaints.
    Most launch titles throughout history have sucked anyway. There have been a few gems, but mostly they have been glorified tech demos.

Mod Edit: Language.
    Interesting list. Nothing's gonna stop the whiners from whining, though. wink I guess several hundred hours of gaming content isn't enough to fill the first week or two for some people.

I'm totally looking forward to this new generation. Love getting some new stuff and love having my old stuff with those improvements. Now I just need to actually get my hands on a Series X. Pre-orders were not kind to me...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 20 at 10:55
    That has to be the worst launch line-up i've seen so far. What is Spencer doing, jesus f** christ... So many studios bought and yet this happened. Gonna keep my One X and buy a PS5 for demons souls, there's no reason for me to upgrade to series x for like 2-3 years.
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 11:01
    J2B9 said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Waaaay offtopic question but i'm hoping someone Could help me. I just did a rewards quest for 6,000 points for purchasing NHL 21. I activated the punch card for the first green check mark the from the screen i purchased/pre-ordered NHL 21 but i never received the second green check mark did i do something wrong?
    pre-orders never count for those quests which is stupid. Refund it and buy the game when it releases if you want the points.
    Thanks toast
    Gamer for lifeFan of games not plastic boxs
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 11:49
    Akinokaze H said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    This is the first time BC has been all inclusive, we're getting the best of worlds.
    Not quite, remember, the Wii was BC with Gamecube games at launch.

Infact, a lot of Nintendo's systems [particularly the handhelds] have been BC right from day 1.

Overall, quite a lot of systems have had some form of BC at launch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Backward-compatible_v...

Though this may be the most extensive BC support to date.
    toast I know, there have been consoles to release with some basic BC capabilities, but not to the level that the Series X is, which is why I said all inclusive. They plan on all current BC titles following us forward, not only to the Series X, but onward. The Wii played GameCube games, until they redesigned the console and removed the ports. Gameboy was probably the closest to this.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm575,024
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 14:36
    Cyberpunk will christen my Series X.
  • XOli360XOli360554,552
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 14:57
    Can. Not. Wait. clap
  • imbo25imbo25252,013
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 17:46
    Allgorhythm said:
    I hope you realize next gen patch for cyberpunk is coming out sometime next year.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl817,166
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 18:13
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Evil Kenivl said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    The Cherished said:
    stebeer85 said:
    Nothing Exclusively AAA, Got to be the worst line up tho for any past Xbox console, Looks like from the list above I won’t be experiencing any optimised games till 2021 as the above titles are not something I would play, Hopefully Halo releases in the first quarter of 21.
    Question: is this the worst launch lineup of all time? I hear people saying PSOne was really bad, but I don't know... It wasn't mostly ports.
    The PS 1 (or most any console) didn't have thousands of BC games at launch. Plus were getting free enhancements to almost everything soooo what do you think?
    Soooo you want to spend around 500 (put in your currency here) for a console to play the games you are able to play since YEARS!?
    Well ok it's up to you but it definitely is the worst launch ever... (imo)
    There really is no reason... Free enhancements!? Wow... Do you really think this is a selling point!? For new customers I would say no... For gamers with an existing game library maybe yes... But at all... There's nothing to get freaked out about. Technically the consoles are top but (new) games which I would like to play on the NEW console simply aren't there... Well it's difficult to get everyone happy but I do agree with most people commenting it's a bad launch game wisetoast
    I get what your saying but the console is not made for new gamers its made for the loyal fans. The Series S maybe but IMO Game Pass is made for new gamers and you can play that anywhere. I could GAF about the newcomer's iv put in my years and I'm looking forward to getting the XSX even without new games. Valhalla is the only one that interests me but Ubisoft is on my Blacklist so yea gotta sit that one out. Since Iv had an XBox since 2003ish I'm really looking forward to going back and playing some OG and 360 titles like Dark Souls in 60FPS.

This really is the pinnacle of console gaming culminating years of making up for the Xbone launch. It's really sad seeing so many unhappy like what more do you want. New games are coming so why wait I say. toast

PS I had alot more than $500 saved up I think its a steal for what we are getting.
    "...the console is not made for new gamers its made for the loyal fans." shock

Wow... I mean... Are you serious!? Thats your point of view and its ok but i just think how in the world could this be an argument!? laugh

As a loyal fan since 13 years now on xbox live this is the first time ever for me personally (can only speak for myself) that this console launch is bad if we just look at the games...
    For the first time since i play videogames this is a NEW console without NEW games. It absolutely doesnt matter how manny games... Even if there only would be one game available that look promising and is only available on that console it would be a REASON to buy it. (I really do not remember any console release with like no games laugh available)
    This is why i bought me all the previous xbox consoles. I didnt own any another consoles (anymore). The only playstation i owned was 1 and 2. In generall i owned all consoles that were available in germany since 1990...
    All of them had their games - reasons to buy/own them... But now!?

Of course its cool to have a big game library carring over and over again to have hundreds games to play. Improved and better loading times, graphics and all that stuff. Of course this is aswell a good reason to buy the new xbox.
    I bought me a pc back in 2017 just because of this. I wanted to play Forza Apex, Horizon 3 and Gears 4 at the best performance possible. And sure i did stack old games laugh A lot...
    But at the end of the day again it were the games that were the reason buing a pc (or console if you dont want to spend that much money)...

If microsoft would have announced that just for example the new announced FABLE would be a launch title, or even Forza 8 i swear you (as a loyal fan) i would have bought me that console day one definately! Even if it would be like time exclusive only and later for pc i couldnt resist.

But at the moment... I think i prefer to buy me a new gpu since its the only component that would be behind that series x power and be prepared for whatever NEW games will show up...

You know my english is not good. I think i am not really able to show/describe that "point" i am writing about. I mean... I am almost 37 years old now and play video games since i am 6 years old and it really feels "empty" when we just look at that one point "New Games..." So that makes me agree/understand all the "negative" reactions here...

Difficult situation

Happy Weekend
    Gaming since 1990!
  • EveryBaseEveryBase397,856
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 18:56
    Evil Kenivl said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Evil Kenivl said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    The Cherished said:
    stebeer85 said:
    Nothing Exclusively AAA, Got to be the worst line up tho for any past Xbox console, Looks like from the list above I won’t be experiencing any optimised games till 2021 as the above titles are not something I would play, Hopefully Halo releases in the first quarter of 21.
    Question: is this the worst launch lineup of all time? I hear people saying PSOne was really bad, but I don't know... It wasn't mostly ports.
    The PS 1 (or most any console) didn't have thousands of BC games at launch. Plus were getting free enhancements to almost everything soooo what do you think?
    Soooo you want to spend around 500 (put in your currency here) for a console to play the games you are able to play since YEARS!?
    Well ok it's up to you but it definitely is the worst launch ever... (imo)
    There really is no reason... Free enhancements!? Wow... Do you really think this is a selling point!? For new customers I would say no... For gamers with an existing game library maybe yes... But at all... There's nothing to get freaked out about. Technically the consoles are top but (new) games which I would like to play on the NEW console simply aren't there... Well it's difficult to get everyone happy but I do agree with most people commenting it's a bad launch game wisetoast
    I get what your saying but the console is not made for new gamers its made for the loyal fans. The Series S maybe but IMO Game Pass is made for new gamers and you can play that anywhere. I could GAF about the newcomer's iv put in my years and I'm looking forward to getting the XSX even without new games. Valhalla is the only one that interests me but Ubisoft is on my Blacklist so yea gotta sit that one out. Since Iv had an XBox since 2003ish I'm really looking forward to going back and playing some OG and 360 titles like Dark Souls in 60FPS.

This really is the pinnacle of console gaming culminating years of making up for the Xbone launch. It's really sad seeing so many unhappy like what more do you want. New games are coming so why wait I say. toast

PS I had alot more than $500 saved up I think its a steal for what we are getting.
    "...the console is not made for new gamers its made for the loyal fans." shock

Wow... I mean... Are you serious!? Thats your point of view and its ok but i just think how in the world could this be an argument!? laugh

As a loyal fan since 13 years now on xbox live this is the first time ever for me personally (can only speak for myself) that this console launch is bad if we just look at the games...
    For the first time since i play videogames this is a NEW console without NEW games. It absolutely doesnt matter how manny games... Even if there only would be one game available that look promising and is only available on that console it would be a REASON to buy it. (I really do not remember any console release with like no games laugh available)
    This is why i bought me all the previous xbox consoles. I didnt own any another consoles (anymore). The only playstation i owned was 1 and 2. In generall i owned all consoles that were available in germany since 1990...
    All of them had their games - reasons to buy/own them... But now!?

Of course its cool to have a big game library carring over and over again to have hundreds games to play. Improved and better loading times, graphics and all that stuff. Of course this is aswell a good reason to buy the new xbox.
    I bought me a pc back in 2017 just because of this. I wanted to play Forza Apex, Horizon 3 and Gears 4 at the best performance possible. And sure i did stack old games laugh A lot...
    But at the end of the day again it were the games that were the reason buing a pc (or console if you dont want to spend that much money)...

If microsoft would have announced that just for example the new announced FABLE would be a launch title, or even Forza 8 i swear you (as a loyal fan) i would have bought me that console day one definately! Even if it would be like time exclusive only and later for pc i couldnt resist.

But at the moment... I think i prefer to buy me a new gpu since its the only component that would be behind that series x power and be prepared for whatever NEW games will show up...

You know my english is not good. I think i am not really able to show/describe that "point" i am writing about. I mean... I am almost 37 years old now and play video games since i am 6 years old and it really feels "empty" when we just look at that one point "New Games..." So that makes me agree/understand all the "negative" reactions here...

Difficult situation

Happy Weekend
    I understood your English perfectly :). I know it sounded like a snob thing to say what I was meaning is MS have done a good job making their platform accessible anywhere on whatever you desire like PC or phones. That a new player I don't think would be buying the $500 console when they could just play on their phones or PC. A long time Xbox Console gamer would be their target audience for the higher end machine. I have played many XBox One games on PC and while they look better I dont like PC gaming so the console makes sense for me to get even with limited new games.

A Lot of gamers are saying this launch is bad so I am in the minority. I have been gaming since 1992 so you have 2 years on me and I recall many other terrible launches for different reasons but I respect your opinion and hope new games come out soon for you to enjoy. Their pipline has some amazing things comming. toast
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 20 at 20:08
    Reading through the comments and I got to say ppl whoever keeps saying this is NOT the worst line up ever or for few generations are clearly in DENIAL, We’re all Xbots on here and sometimes the company you love and invest needs to be told to improve. Negative feedback towards MS on decisions that are flawed ( In this case launch line-up ) only leads to a positive future.
    #illholdyourbeeryeah,
  • TervissimoTervissimo602,054
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 20:51
    GruelingJSR said:
    Tetris Effect on launch is all I need
    An actual good Tetris game on Xbox!!!! I'm so excited! Couldn't agree more! I've been waiting for so long. I've put hundreds of hours into Tetris 99, can't wait to finally put my Tetris skills to work on some achievements!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm575,024
    Posted on 16 October 20 at 21:48
    imbo25 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    I hope you realize next gen patch for cyberpunk is coming out sometime next year.
    Yes.

Although Cyberpunk 2077’s full next-gen update Comes out in 2021, CD Projekt Red says the game as it will be released on 19 Nov will look better on Xbox Series X (& PS5 for that matter).
  • Posted on 16 October 20 at 22:06
    Wowshock
    My comments on this thread look like my Twitter
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.