The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 44 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• ajgajg407,419
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:06
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    Old mans journey 1-2 hour completion... yeah right 😂
    it is? from my first achievement to the last achievement took 1hr 35min or so??
    Haha fair play, that train level caught a fair few of us out.
  • BeachemBeachem657,039
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:09
    Arghh my wallet. Me poor money! laugh Definitely gonna have to pick some of these up.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Fugster JFugster J2,581,605
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:17
    Lol £6.49 for a ratalaika game is sale laugh
  • DrDolemDrDolem1,117,846
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:27
    Tendoman77 said:
    DrDolem said:
    Do not start Energy Cycle...
    Tell that to the 18,639 people (icluding yours truely) that started and completed this game already lol
    Consider me jealous af!
  • DrDolemDrDolem1,117,846
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:28
    Mike United 007 said:
    DrDolem said:
    lol why???
    It is very well known to be buggy and cheevs will not pop and then you're screwed for completion cry
  • Mike United 007Mike United 0071,033,832
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:49
    ajg said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    Haha fair play, that train level caught a fair few of us out.
    yeah check my guide out... i was struggling, but i saw a little something that caught my eye that gave me more reaction time ;-)
    GT: Mike United 007
  • Mike United 007Mike United 0071,033,832
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 14:58
    DrDolem said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    DrDolem said:
    lol why???
    It is very well known to be buggy and cheevs will not pop and then you're screwed for completion cry
    Just read about it in the forums - seems to be something to do with profiles signing in.
    GT: Mike United 007
  • WcG iFredy29WcG iFredy29802,460
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 15:25
    It is pretty obvious why...
    -WcG iFredy29
  • blueracer442blueracer4421,086,308
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 15:26
    Fugster J said:
    Lol £6.49 for a ratalaika game is sale laugh
    Yeah I bought a bunch of cheap easy games but refuse to spend more than $5 on a quick completion.
    Stay Classy TA
  • Hero of NightHero of Night2,193,775
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 15:58
    I bought so many of these in the last week. I'm a bit miffed now. Also my progress was reset on the hall of fame leaderboards, maybe I'm more than a bit miffed.
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285885,125
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 16:37
    DrDolem said:
    I mean yeah it's a trash game but with the guide on this site it's an easy completion. I don't think anyone reading this list is interested in anything other than that, so the price is right for that one.
  • Posted on 20 October 20 at 16:46
    stebeer85 said:
    Woodle it is for under 70p! Games like these help me get the the 50 Reward points a day incase I’m busy grinding out my long games
    And if you only pop one a day, on days when not popping anything else, you get ~2/3rds of the price back in reward points .
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion1,190,076
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 16:57, Edited on 20 October 20 at 17:01 by Boots Orion
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    There is the one chapter that you have to drag and drop backgrounds very quickly. I believe it involves a train. It's quite challenging with a controller but very easy if you play it with a keyboard and mouse

In any event, this sale is more evidence that GS has become a joke. It never had any real value, but it's gotten stupid.

I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

#offsoapbox
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • EYEHUNTER 42EYEHUNTER 42696,552
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 17:04
    I would recommend Inferno 2+. Good game for $2.50. 4/5 stars.
  • ChrisHenaresChrisHenares287,183
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 17:07
    ajg said:
    I completed this game on PS4 and Xbox One. Is from 45-50min to 1:30h more or less. Is pretty easy, short, simple, and also beautiful and a nice game.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto3,500,757
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 18:15
    Boots Orion said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    There is the one chapter that you have to drag and drop backgrounds very quickly. I believe it involves a train. It's quite challenging with a controller but very easy if you play it with a keyboard and mouse

In any event, this sale is more evidence that GS has become a joke. It never had any real value, but it's gotten stupid.

I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

#offsoapbox
    It would be great to have an article on hidden gems/highest rated games. I like having the occasional 1 hour game to beat (especially if it is stress free) but lately have been more interested in TA than Gamerscore. I can remember using Tell Tale games to get a quick bump in score as well. I think it is almost inevitable that most achievement hunters will slowly walk away from mass produced garbage games. It is becoming more about how much money you can spend and less about how many games you can legitimately 100%. TA ratio + TA score is a better reflection of skill than Gamerscore, but not always. Some games are heavily boosted by Gamepass since they are played so much by regular gamers (non achievement hunters).

I find it extremely interesting to see that more and more people are growing tired of ACA, Ratalaika and Eastasiasoft (to name a few).

Further more, I don't want anyone to think I am taking shots for no reason. I have played some very entertaining 1 hour games and been grateful for the experience. I find this to be extremely rare.
    See you in Valhalla
  • Posted on 20 October 20 at 18:16
    Can't get Mushroom Quest to start. Owned it for several months and it never gets past a black loading screen (same thing with Aborigenus). It seems to be where Steam's terms and conditions would pop up.

I have tried resets, reinstalls, running it off of an internal vs external drive, unplugging the controller when loading it, and nothing. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix?
  • AceAce1,751,454
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 18:31
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    Can't get Mushroom Quest to start. Owned it for several months and it never gets past a black loading screen (same thing with Aborigenus). It seems to be where Steam's terms and conditions would pop up.

I have tried resets, reinstalls, running it off of an internal vs external drive, unplugging the controller when loading it, and nothing. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix?
    Launch it, it'll crash, launch again, it'll hang for 2 minutes then crash, launch a 3rd time and it should work (after hanging for minutes). At least that has worked for me on Mushroom Quest and a bunch of other games with the same issue.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,202,673
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 18:58
    Ace said:
    KingFlippynipz0 said:

Launch it, it'll crash, launch again, it'll hang for 2 minutes then crash, launch a 3rd time and it should work (after hanging for minutes). At least that has worked for me on Mushroom Quest and a bunch of other games with the same issue.
    You can also try some of the tips in this thread:
    Another game that won't start
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf1,323,745
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 19:08
    DrDolem said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    DrDolem said:
    lol why???
    Why are you screwed for completion? It sucks, but you can delete your save and run through it again with the walkthrough.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads