The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 44 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,331,417
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 19:15
    Bumper crop: a crop that has yielded an unusually productive harvest.

    I learned something new today, thanks Sean toast
    Matthew
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 20 October 20 at 19:18
    MetabolicFlames said:
    Funny how all these easy games go on sale a day after that gamerscore competition is over ha
    lmfao exactly my thought lol this is a big fuck you to those that bought a bunch of ez games for that comp
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,270,793
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 19:20
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    Old mans journey 1-2 hour completion... yeah right 😂
    it is? from my first achievement to the last achievement took 1hr 35min or so??
    There is the one chapter that you have to drag and drop backgrounds very quickly. I believe it involves a train. It's quite challenging with a controller but very easy if you play it with a keyboard and mouse

    In any event, this sale is more evidence that GS has become a joke. It never had any real value, but it's gotten stupid.

    I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

    Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

    #offsoapbox
    It would be great to have an article on hidden gems/highest rated games. I like having the occasional 1 hour game to beat (especially if it is stress free) but lately have been more interested in TA than Gamerscore. I can remember using Tell Tale games to get a quick bump in score as well. I think it is almost inevitable that most achievement hunters will slowly walk away from mass produced garbage games. It is becoming more about how much money you can spend and less about how many games you can legitimately 100%. TA ratio + TA score is a better reflection of skill than Gamerscore, but not always. Some games are heavily boosted by Gamepass since they are played so much by regular gamers (non achievement hunters).

    I find it extremely interesting to see that more and more people are growing tired of ACA, Ratalaika and Eastasiasoft (to name a few).

    Further more, I don't want anyone to think I am taking shots for no reason. I have played some very entertaining 1 hour games and been grateful for the experience. I find this to be extremely rare.
    Im getting fed up of ratalakia cos 90% of their games are the same 8/16 bit pixelated crap and they have been slowly pushing up the prices to silly amounts roomates is £19.99 for a 1 hour game. Easteassoft prices creeping up as well. I was fine with a £3-£5 throwaway easy 1000gs now and then but like all companies they are getting greedy. If its digital only and over £10 i wait for a sale or spend it elsewhere
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,916,002
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 19:37
    NO1KEV said:
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    Old mans journey 1-2 hour completion... yeah right 😂
    it is? from my first achievement to the last achievement took 1hr 35min or so??
    There is the one chapter that you have to drag and drop backgrounds very quickly. I believe it involves a train. It's quite challenging with a controller but very easy if you play it with a keyboard and mouse

    In any event, this sale is more evidence that GS has become a joke. It never had any real value, but it's gotten stupid.

    I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

    Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

    #offsoapbox
    It would be great to have an article on hidden gems/highest rated games. I like having the occasional 1 hour game to beat (especially if it is stress free) but lately have been more interested in TA than Gamerscore. I can remember using Tell Tale games to get a quick bump in score as well. I think it is almost inevitable that most achievement hunters will slowly walk away from mass produced garbage games. It is becoming more about how much money you can spend and less about how many games you can legitimately 100%. TA ratio + TA score is a better reflection of skill than Gamerscore, but not always. Some games are heavily boosted by Gamepass since they are played so much by regular gamers (non achievement hunters).

    I find it extremely interesting to see that more and more people are growing tired of ACA, Ratalaika and Eastasiasoft (to name a few).

    Further more, I don't want anyone to think I am taking shots for no reason. I have played some very entertaining 1 hour games and been grateful for the experience. I find this to be extremely rare.
    Im getting fed up of ratalakia cos 90% of their games are the same 8/16 bit pixelated crap and they have been slowly pushing up the prices to silly amounts roomates is £19.99 for a 1 hour game. Easteassoft prices creeping up as well. I was fine with a £3-£5 throwaway easy 1000gs now and then but like all companies they are getting greedy. If its digital only and over £10 i wait for a sale or spend it elsewhere
    agreed. toast
    See you in Valhalla
  • darkwing1232darkwing1232873,838
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 19:44, Edited on 20 October 20 at 19:48 by darkwing1232
    NO1KEV said:
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    ajg said:
    Old mans journey 1-2 hour completion... yeah right 😂
    it is? from my first achievement to the last achievement took 1hr 35min or so??
    There is the one chapter that you have to drag and drop backgrounds very quickly. I believe it involves a train. It's quite challenging with a controller but very easy if you play it with a keyboard and mouse

    In any event, this sale is more evidence that GS has become a joke. It never had any real value, but it's gotten stupid.

    I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

    Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

    #offsoapbox
    It would be great to have an article on hidden gems/highest rated games. I like having the occasional 1 hour game to beat (especially if it is stress free) but lately have been more interested in TA than Gamerscore. I can remember using Tell Tale games to get a quick bump in score as well. I think it is almost inevitable that most achievement hunters will slowly walk away from mass produced garbage games. It is becoming more about how much money you can spend and less about how many games you can legitimately 100%. TA ratio + TA score is a better reflection of skill than Gamerscore, but not always. Some games are heavily boosted by Gamepass since they are played so much by regular gamers (non achievement hunters).

    I find it extremely interesting to see that more and more people are growing tired of ACA, Ratalaika and Eastasiasoft (to name a few).

    Further more, I don't want anyone to think I am taking shots for no reason. I have played some very entertaining 1 hour games and been grateful for the experience. I find this to be extremely rare.
    Im getting fed up of ratalakia cos 90% of their games are the same 8/16 bit pixelated crap and they have been slowly pushing up the prices to silly amounts roomates is £19.99 for a 1 hour game. Easteassoft prices creeping up as well. I was fine with a £3-£5 throwaway easy 1000gs now and then but like all companies they are getting greedy. If its digital only and over £10 i wait for a sale or spend it elsewhere
    You just have to wait for sales like these. There are games that normally sell for 20 bucks that are on sale for 4. I have yet to buy a single indie game for more than 5 bucks but I check these sales every single week and in doing so have racked up quite the backlog. Eventually ALL these indie games go into the $5 and under category at some point.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,250,301
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 20:14
    Boots Orion said:
    I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

    Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
    I disagree about the increase to 1000 GS being a mistake. I have no interest in easy games and think it's fucking stupid that people just sit around spamming easy games and saying "Yeah I got 100000 GS this month so awesome!" I just don't see any appeal in playing garbage just to increase a random score.

    That said, I do like playing games I enjoy and getting 1000 GS in them. And I think for every garbage tier easy 1.0 ratio ID@xbox game there's also a really cool challenging game like Hollow Knight or Darkest Dungeon that absolutely deserves 1000 GS. I don't really care about spamming easy games, but I'm glad I get 1000 GS for the good games and I would be kinda upset if an amazing game like Hollow Knight, which has as much content as many AAA games, only gave 200 GS. I think it's best to just have everything at 1000 GS and ignore the trash.

    I 100% agree about TA highlighting good games. I don't give a shit about playing some Ratalaika game for 1000 GS in 10 minutes and jerking off to how amazing I am for earning 1000 GS. But I do care about playing good games. Just really disappointed this site continues to go further down the hole of doing dumb shit just for GS.

    And yes, to whoever replies I KNOW this is an achievement site. Play the easy 1000 GS games if you want and hunt for easy achievements. But you should also expect the site to draw in people who want to hunt achievements in good and challenging games and there are people on here who want to see articles about other games. TA can be an achievement site and still cater to lots of people other than people who just want easy score.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven179,509
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 21:16
    Spiderman Noire said:
    Can we just soak in that there are 44 easy completion from 1 sale? Show how easy gamer score is to come by now a days.
    Exactly... 😅
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf979,327
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 21:26
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    That said, I do like playing games I enjoy and getting 1000 GS in them. And I think for every garbage tier easy 1.0 ratio ID@xbox game there's also a really cool challenging game like Hollow Knight or Darkest Dungeon that absolutely deserves 1000 GS. I don't really care about spamming easy games, but I'm glad I get 1000 GS for the good games and I would be kinda upset if an amazing game like Hollow Knight, which has as much content as many AAA games, only gave 200 GS. I think it's best to just have everything at 1000 GS and ignore the trash.
    I agree with you. Making everything 1000 GS put all games on an equal footing, rather than the differentiation of "arcade" versus "mainstream". While there is absolutely a lot of junk from ID@Xbox (there's lots of junk from regular studios, too), there have also been a TON of gems. There are even some easy ones that have been great. Honestly, I think I've probably played more truly good/fun ID@Xbox titles this generation than I have AAA titles.

    I just skimmed my ID@Xbox list and there are dozens of greats, with many more I haven't even played yet.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,498
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 21:28, Edited on 20 October 20 at 21:31 by Boots Orion
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Boots Orion said:
    I remember the good old days when people played 10 hour Telltale games for a quick bump. Nowadays, you can feasibly complete 15 games in that amount of time. Making all games worth 1000 GS was a mistake and it cheapened the meta-game of achievement hunting too much. Just look at the ridiculousness of some of the totals people were getting for the HofF event.

    Finally, when is TA going to start preparing a weekly list of "hidden gems" that are on sale? It has been requested many times and would be just as easy as preparing this list. At this point, I would rather know what is worth playing as a gaming experience (that I may have missed) than finding out which games can quickly enhance my GS. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
    That said, I do like playing games I enjoy and getting 1000 GS in them. And I think for every garbage tier easy 1.0 ratio ID@xbox game there's also a really cool challenging game like Hollow Knight or Darkest Dungeon that absolutely deserves 1000 GS. I don't really care about spamming easy games, but I'm glad I get 1000 GS for the good games and I would be kinda upset if an amazing game like Hollow Knight, which has as much content as many AAA games, only gave 200 GS. I think it's best to just have everything at 1000 GS and ignore the trash.

    I 100% agree about TA highlighting good games. I don't give a shit about playing some Ratalaika game for 1000 GS in 10 minutes and jerking off to how amazing I am for earning 1000 GS. But I do care about playing good games. Just really disappointed this site continues to go further down the hole of doing dumb shit just for GS.

    And yes, to whoever replies I KNOW this is an achievement site. Play the easy 1000 GS games if you want and hunt for easy achievements. But you should also expect the site to draw in people who want to hunt achievements in good and challenging games and there are people on here who want to see articles about other games. TA can be an achievement site and still cater to lots of people other than people who just want easy score.
    I didn't mean that no games that would have previously been xbla games deserve 1000 gs, I was referring to what you described. I have some xbla completions I'm more proud of by far than some of my cheesed XB1 baby game completions - and yes we all have some of those. (Personally I don't buy games just for easy achievements any more, but if something hits GP I'll do it.) The Joe Danger games are good examples of xbla games worthy of 1000 gs. Especially by today's standards....but there are several others. Also, to your point, there are many fantastic quick and easy games. I don't mean to shit on the quick ones in general...only the shovelware that TA is encouraging people to buy this week.

    I agree about TA continuing to cater to shameless chievo whores too much, when it could be many things to many people. The irony about this particular article series is that it is written by someone who is a relative rookie to the meta-game with a TA under 100k. He's only writing what he's told to write so it's not his fault, but still I find it somewhat funny.

    I know there are other gaming sites that offer reviews of games without referencing achievements, but this is my community and this is my site of choice. I've been here almost from the start and should be able to get all I need here.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,250,301
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 21:37
    Boots Orion said:
    I didn't mean that no games that I would have previously been xbla games deserve 1000 gs, I was referring to what you described. I have some xbla completions I'm more proud of by far than some of my cheesed XB1 baby game completions - and yes we all have some of those. (Personally I don't buy games just for easy achievements any more, but if something hits GP I'll do it.) The Joe Danger games are good examples of xbla games worthy of 1000 gs. Especially by today's standards....but there are several others. Also, to your point, there are many fantastic quick and easy games. I don't mean to shit on the quick ones in general...only the shovelware that TA is encouraging people to buy this week.
    Fully agreed. Yeah, Joe Danger is good. I loved Firewatch even though it was quick and easy. It's a good story about loss and grief and how we deal with those emotions as people. Great game. I especially love the Errant Signal video about it on YouTube. I have no problem with quick games, but I have no interest in playing garbage for score and it makes me sad that TA actively encourages this. Makes me sad to see a pretty great strategy game like Tower of Time or a great puzzle game like Blackhole hardly get played and then thousands of people jump on any Ratalaika.

    nightw0lf said:
    I agree with you. Making everything 1000 GS put all games on an equal footing, rather than the differentiation of "arcade" versus "mainstream". While there is absolutely a lot of junk from ID@Xbox (there's lots of junk from regular studios, too), there have also been a TON of gems. There are even some easy ones that have been great. Honestly, I think I've probably played more truly good/fun ID@Xbox titles this generation than I have AAA titles.

    I just skimmed my ID@Xbox list and there are dozens of greats, with many more I haven't even played yet.
    Yeah, again, I fully agree with you. I've started 429 ID@xbox games and most of them are awesome and well worth playing. It looks like 214 of them have a site rating of 3.5 or higher. I know there are plenty below a 3.5 that are great, but don't have wide appeal, although I still really love them. There are of course some above 3.5 that I don't like, but yeah I think there are definitely a few hundred ID@xbox games that are good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • exorrexorr566,311
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 21:58
    Since I let my streak end I no longer care about these games and wish we would see something about “great games on sale” versus easy completions. I personally love to play games that take 15-25 hours to complete. There are only a few games I’m willing to dump over 80 hours into because I just don’t have as much time as I’d like to play and don’t want to spend 2-3 months on a single game. Would love for TA to start talking about good games on sale that are for more than just achievements.
  • Posted on 20 October 20 at 22:38
    Refunct i play 16 hours 400gp
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf979,327
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 22:38
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Yeah, again, I fully agree with you. I've started 429 ID@xbox games and most of them are awesome and well worth playing. It looks like 214 of them have a site rating of 3.5 or higher. I know there are plenty below a 3.5 that are great, but don't have wide appeal, although I still really love them. There are of course some above 3.5 that I don't like, but yeah I think there are definitely a few hundred ID@xbox games that are good.
    You've got a lot of good ones on your account with only one or two achievements! You'd probably enjoy a lot of those even more if you played them. smile toast

    If you like platformers, check out Pankapu. It's on sale this week for $2.99. Great art style and really well-made indie game. Most of the platforming isn't too bad, but there are some challenging spots and the later bosses are pretty challenging.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,250,301
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 22:42
    nightw0lf said:
    You've got a lot of good ones on your account with only one or two achievements! You'd probably enjoy a lot of those even more if you played them. smile toast

    If you like platformers, check out Pankapu. It's on sale this week for $2.99. Great art style and really well-made indie game. Most of the platforming isn't too bad, but there are some challenging spots and the later bosses are pretty challenging.
    Yeah I've got a long list of games to play. I'm playing RDR2 right now and it's good, but I generally prefer the indies to bigger games like RDR2. It's just not something that I wake up and feel compelled to play more of.

    I thought Pankapu was okay. It just didn't do anything to overwhelm me. I tend to prefer the REALLY challenging games. Mega Man 11 is only a 3.4 ratio, but the 60 minute speed run was very tough without save scumming at all. That's the kind of stuff I tend to enjoy the most. Or right now I'm playing Tower of Time and very much on pace to be first to finish on TA.

    Anyways, I've already played Pankapu, but thank you for the recommendation. Always happy to discuss actual games with people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • troyoytroyoy871,831
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 22:53, Edited on 20 October 20 at 22:55 by troyoy
    It kind of cracks my up cause you been living in a cave if you never played any of these. I am sure a lot of peeps wish they could play all of these again for another easy 40K GS. But dont get me wrong, I appreciate this web site and its writers telling us about these and updating this kind of stuff regularly. I am a frugal gamer and would rather buy on sale for $3 then pay $10.
    Back into gaming as much as possible while sharing my bad ass TV with the GF.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf979,327
    Posted on 20 October 20 at 22:56, Edited on 20 October 20 at 22:58 by nightw0lf
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Yeah I've got a long list of games to play. I'm playing RDR2 right now and it's good, but I generally prefer the indies to bigger games like RDR2. It's just not something that I wake up and feel compelled to play more of.

    I thought Pankapu was okay. It just didn't do anything to overwhelm me. I tend to prefer the REALLY challenging games. Mega Man 11 is only a 3.4 ratio, but the 60 minute speed run was very tough without save scumming at all. That's the kind of stuff I tend to enjoy the most. Or right now I'm playing Tower of Time and very much on pace to be first to finish on TA.

    Anyways, I've already played Pankapu, but thank you for the recommendation. Always happy to discuss actual games with people.
    Oops, I checked your list, but somehow missed that you'd already played Pankapu. I probably forgot to switch it back to 'all games' - TA's list pages are awful about losing filters. It certainly wasn't the kind of challenge you're describing, but it was by no means a cheap, easy completion like these either (at least toward the end). I thought it was a good game and deserved its 1000 GS.

    I'm with you. I start a lot of big AAA games, then get distracted because I get bored. I like a lot of the indies, especially mid-length ones.

    I do like some challenge, but my reflexes aren't what they were in my younger days, so something like a MM speed run would just piss me off too much. I loved the Mega Man games in the NES and SNES days, but then I didn't have as many games to play and spent more time getting better. I just don't have that kind of patience these days.

    Tower of Time is on my list after I read one of your comments a little while back and looked into it, so thanks for that. I'm sure the developer would appreciate how many people you've steered their way.

    Oh, and cheers from a fellow Coloradan! toast
  • Posted on 20 October 20 at 23:10, Edited on 20 October 20 at 23:10 by Fear The People
    Echoing the other people in here. Definitely getting sick of 'easiest completions'. Would rather see some OP pieces about the best game or most underplayed in the sale.

    Just anything other than "here's a bunch of overpriced indie games for easy 1000g"
  • Posted on 20 October 20 at 23:31
    SO GOOD
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL952,752
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 01:40
    Can't tell if this just proves how pointless gamerscore is, if Microsoft are literally retarded for posting this after a giant gamerscore event, or if Xbox just gave a slimy "F" you to the people who bought easy games for said event lol
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL952,752
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 02:39
    Fear The People said:
    Echoing the other people in here. Definitely getting sick of 'easiest completions'. Would rather see some OP pieces about the best game or most underplayed in the sale.

    Just anything other than "here's a bunch of overpriced indie games for easy 1000g"
    It would be nice to see some "Hidden gems" or "Underappreciated" game titles articles for some balance. I get that this is about achs/gamerscore but EVERY game has 1k now, why only highlight the bottom of the barrel all the time? People who go for those almost ALWAYS know what's up. Post something with fewer players that you enjoyed and maybe bring some light into someones gaming library instead of something that will be played for 2 hours and deleted forever.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.