The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 44 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• WillB636WillB636348,241
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 04:43
    Is there a way to find the easiest completions in our game libraries? Or in the current game pass? Just incase one of those 10k achievements/points deals comes up again? Thanks.
    Killin' grubs is my business and business is good.
  • Kuningatar VKuningatar V322,698
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 05:18
    Machinarium is so great! Its from the makers of Samorost. Good stuff
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper128,245
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 08:18
    I bought AER-Memories of Old during a previous sale, but primarily for the nature of the game and the artwork--it's a very good game if you just want to relax or chill. I eventually completed it a few months ago in stages to help do the Microsoft Rewards weekly quests (when they required getting 3 achievements).

I'd recommend it on its own merits even without the quick completion. toast
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Posted on 21 October 20 at 09:08
    buttmudBrooks said:
    WeAwokenTheHive said:
    I started Machinarium on XBGP for PC last night, and it doesn't have achievements. *Sulk*
    It's actually very annoying how so many interesting looking PC only gamepass titles are achievementless. Heave Ho being one of the newest disappointments, it looked interesting but has no achievements.

I highly recommend Glass Masquerade. It was so enjoyable I had to buy the second as soon as I finished, and I wish there were more puzzle games like it.
    Also Storm Boy, Fearful Symmetry, Woodle and Refunct: 4 super easy games and you can get all of them for under $5. Not bad.
    Thanks mate, I'll take a look. I did really enjoy Refunkt and Storm Boy as quick easy completions. I've not been G whoring recently all too much, as been playing the odd few Switch and PS4 games. Need to get back in the zone ahead of XSX!
  • Posted on 21 October 20 at 11:39
    Vr English said:
    Storm Boy was great, would recommend, especially if you have kids.
    Yes I totally agree. Loved Storm Boy. Fun game - cheap - easy completion, it's perfect
    NateDawgSn1per - TrimmyHedges
  • FultOnionFultOnion278,987
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 12:37, Edited on 21 October 20 at 12:37 by FultOnion
    DrDolem said:
    Do not start Energy Cycle...
    Pretty easy if you follow a guide. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=70021...
    Thanks Maka!
    The filter option would work perfectly in your case and all around just makes so much sense even looking outside of the achievement community.
  • DrDolemDrDolem811,402
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,244
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 14:21, Edited on 21 October 20 at 15:56 by Allgorhythm
    Picked up Machinarium -- lots of positive comments
  • Posted on 21 October 20 at 14:25
    50% off is the minimum before I consider, given the size of my backlog
  • ZymoticZymotic917,718
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 14:27
    I highly recommend Refunct. All the achievements are straightforward and some of the wrap-up achievements are a bit more challenging.
  • Posted on 21 October 20 at 20:58
    Any of these acutally good? I think rating should be added to the list.
  • EYEHUNTER 42EYEHUNTER 42659,020
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 23:10
    Crooked Cracker said:
    Any of these acutally good? I think rating should be added to the list.
    I liked Inferno 2+.
  • FultOnionFultOnion278,987
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 23:12
    DrDolem said:
    FultOnion said:
    DrDolem said:
    Pretty easy if you follow a guide. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=70021...
    Thanks Maka!
    I know I did but the achievements are bugged and don't pop, specifically the level 3 one for myself and various ones for others :(

Even though i've done the game about 572 times haha!
    Ugh sorry that sucks. I had no issues. Maybe reinstall and try again?
    The filter option would work perfectly in your case and all around just makes so much sense even looking outside of the achievement community.
  • DrDolemDrDolem811,402
    Posted on 22 October 20 at 00:07
    FultOnion said:
    DrDolem said:
    FultOnion said:
    DrDolem said:
    Thanks Maka!
    I know I did but the achievements are bugged and don't pop, specifically the level 3 one for myself and various ones for others :(

Even though i've done the game about 572 times haha!
    Ugh sorry that sucks. I had no issues. Maybe reinstall and try again?
    It does indeed, there ia a few of us who it is bugged for, apparently there was an update in June 2019 to fix it roll
  • maguzzolomaguzzolo608,777
    Posted on 22 October 20 at 08:37
    R3f1CuL said:
    Can't tell if this just proves how pointless gamerscore is, if Microsoft are literally retarded for posting this after a giant gamerscore event, or if Xbox just gave a slimy "F" you to the people who bought easy games for said event lol
    Well, sales revenues go to the publishers, MS has a fee for managing the vending platform. So maybe Ratalaika & co. said no deals last week because they knew they could milk extra money during the Hall of Fame.
    Regarding gamerscore...that's why TA exists: TrueAchievement score and completion percentage should be the real drivers here.
  • Posted on 22 October 20 at 15:24
    nightw0lf said:
    DrDolem said:
    Mike United 007 said:
    DrDolem said:
    lol why???
    It is very well known to be buggy and cheevs will not pop and then you're screwed for completion cry
    Why are you screwed for completion? It sucks, but you can delete your save and run through it again with the walkthrough.
    I literally just completed it with no issues...not like its a big deal to do it over it if you have to only takes like 30 minutes to complete
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy740,663
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 00:35
    Wow at the comments about achievement "standards". There is such a thing as different leaderboards so you can "brag" in your different ways but shunning easy games is quite... Well uhmm... Weird I guess. Anyways here's the link.
    -
    https://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard/index
    http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
  • Aeneas137Aeneas13788,031
    Posted on 25 October 20 at 20:19
    Oh god, these fkg indie games should be removed from the store. I'm just in a bad mood today but geezus. No one. NO ONE. would buy this shit if it weren't for GS points.
  • Posted on 26 October 20 at 02:14
    I can't even get Doodle God Evolution to get passed the start screen without freezing and crashing to the dashboard. Tried reinstalling and everything.
  • Posted on 27 October 20 at 16:05, Edited on 27 October 20 at 16:07 by Darth James O
    I've got Hero Express and can't even get halfway through the first track. It's a 1000g game worth 1200ta so should be mega easy - am I missing something?

Fearful Symmetry game is quite hard too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.