Game Discussion: Jeopardy! PlayShow

Jeopardy! PlayShow achievements are now on the site

• Posted on 22 October 20 at 14:25
    Soooo... a port of a mobile game from 2019?
  • gavmanwv3gavmanwv31,369,256
    Posted on 22 October 20 at 14:37
    I don't own a smartphone, so I hope I can play it just with the controller. I love Jeopardy and trivia in general. I took the online test for the real show about 4 years ago. Spoiler alert, I didn't get a callback.cry
  • PuRe PretzelPuRe Pretzel453,318
    Posted on 22 October 20 at 18:34
    This was on Windows 10 with an unobtainable.
    twitter.com/jay_smith
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205349,499
    Posted on 22 October 20 at 19:31
    The only reason it had an unobtainable is because they just never released enough game packs to pop it, so if we're lucky, this might be a move in the right direction, but we'll see.....
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,413,155
    Posted on 22 October 20 at 19:58
    Seems like they replaced the 40 episodes with a different achievement, so probably no unobtainble
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,110,850
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 05:35
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Seems like they replaced the 40 episodes with a different achievement, so probably no unobtainble
    So they basically are telling us don't expect any new episodes for this version because they couldn't manage to pull it off the first time.
  • ShazamFTWShazamFTW690,510
    Posted on 25 October 20 at 23:31
    So, for those that know nothing about the prior release, what's the catch on this one versus a regular Jeopardy game?
  • Posted on 26 October 20 at 21:09
    ShazamFTW said:
    So, for those that know nothing about the prior release, what's the catch on this one versus a regular Jeopardy game?
    It plays episodes from the show, youre essentially a 4th contestant. You use an app to buzz in and can answer with your voice
    Posted on 26 October 20 at 23:56
    Huh, well that's festive. How's that gonna work on Xbox exactly?
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,838,641
    Posted on 27 October 20 at 16:26
    Kinect or Microphone or maybe like Just dance an app on smartphone? We will find out in a couple days anyhow
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 05:16
    Same way it does on jackbox and other titles.

Looks like it’s no longer Free to play and now has all the episodes you need to pop 1000. $24.99
    Posted on 05 November 20 at 06:23, Edited on 06 November 20 at 04:08 by ShazamFTW
    So for those wondering. You need a cell phone, or a laptop w/a microphone. Then you talk into it, and it's surprisingly accurate, I'd say well over 90% from what it says. (Frustrating as hell when it doesn't work. Trying to tell a phone "The Falklands" isn't my idea of a good time) And virtually no lag between my response and the Xbox recognizing it. Really impressive actually.

Worth noting, there are 30 episodes included and the high achieve is 30 wins.

http://www.j-archive.com/listseasons.php

That is a list of every Jeopardy episode ever, along with the board state, answers, etc. I've only done two thus far, but eyeballing the final jeopardy answer and one of the Daily Doubles should be enough to keep you in 1st place, the rest can rely on your acumen. So far, the episodes don't appear to be on the Mensa side of things. It will tell you before you start the game the actual air date, and you can sync up w/the website.

There's little to no time between the answer popping up and the question time you have to respond, so you'll need an alternate source outside of your phone if you want to heavily consult the above website, hence my suggestion for just remembering those 2 questions. That should prevent you from having to play entire episodes over again.

I will edit and point out the server you join on your phone to play the game is wildly unstable right now. I barely entered double jeopardy on my 4th game and have had to reboot 6 times. It starts you a question or two prior when you rejoin, but that gets real tiresome after the 5th kick. I honestly wouldn't recommend this to anyone right now given how awful the connections are.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete1,924,383
    Posted on 08 November 20 at 22:41
    RIP Alex, a man who truly enjoyed his job.

Hate to be that guy, but who knows how his death
    will affect the availability of this game
    (all episodes are streamed).

Gonna try to go for the completion
    in 15 hours over a few days, just in case.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,110,850
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 13:42
    Spirochaete said:
    RIP Alex, a man who truly enjoyed his job.

Hate to be that guy, but who knows how his death
    will affect the availability of this game
    (all episodes are streamed).

Gonna try to go for the completion
    in 15 hours over a few days, just in case.
    I'd think we'd be fine, the family would have to not want his likeness used in media anymore for it to get pulled which I'd be shocked if they made that call
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.