Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ten more Cloud Gaming titles get Xbox touch control support with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

• Posted on 23 October 20 at 04:50
    I always thought Slay the Spire would be a perfect mobile game. Now it's a reality.
  • Drazer76Drazer76597,066
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 06:59
    Qwanimal said:
    Had a go on Slay the Spire earlier. The touch screen controls worked pretty well once I got used to it, this seems like the perfect kind of game for it - I wouldn't fancy trying to play Streets of Rage like this though.

Unfortunately the game breaking bug that's preventing me completing my current 5 cards or fewer run in Slay the Spire was still present in the cloud version.
    Streets of rage should be perfect. Think about classic SoR on a handheld console. It only has a few buttons.

Slay The Spire I’ve never touched, so I guess that’s something I’d consider.

Though I agree, games designed for this style would be much better. Or other Tell Me Why types.
    Senua I wouldn’t think is any good, too many buttons needed to fit comfortably on screen.

Now to have a phone good enough to do it (let alone a good enough signal, and being on iPhone..)
  • RogueAgent4RogueAgent4167,411
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 07:39, Edited on 23 October 20 at 07:39 by RogueAgent4
    love to play some indie games with Touch Controls,
  • Posted on 23 October 20 at 08:37
    Tried HotShot Racing and it was a total disaster. I get what they were going for, but it just doesn't work for me, but I'm old and stubborn.
  • Posted on 23 October 20 at 12:43
    I wonder if this made the KI support team fix those Shadow Lab achievements. 🤔
  • Posted on 23 October 20 at 13:14
    Would like to see some games that could translate easily to touch controls being added...

Looking at you, Gems of War!
  • GottleGottle729,794
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 14:12
    SaidaiKanpeki said:
    I wonder if this made the KI support team fix those Shadow Lab achievements. 🤔
    Yes.
  • Posted on 23 October 20 at 15:36
    XXDeZnUtZ34Xxx said:
    Unpopular Opinion... Touch controls are horrible on any system. I hate playing games with touch controls.
    Same here. Tried it when I first got a Kindle many years ago. I hate it because you're blocking the screen with your fingers. I want to see what's going on, not have my fingers blocking what I'm supposed to be looking at.
  • QwanimalQwanimal678,661
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 15:59
    Drazer76 said:
    Qwanimal said:
    Had a go on Slay the Spire earlier. The touch screen controls worked pretty well once I got used to it, this seems like the perfect kind of game for it - I wouldn't fancy trying to play Streets of Rage like this though.

Unfortunately the game breaking bug that's preventing me completing my current 5 cards or fewer run in Slay the Spire was still present in the cloud version.
    Streets of rage should be perfect. Think about classic SoR on a handheld console. It only has a few buttons.

Slay The Spire I’ve never touched, so I guess that’s something I’d consider.

Though I agree, games designed for this style would be much better. Or other Tell Me Why types.
    Senua I wouldn’t think is any good, too many buttons needed to fit comfortably on screen.

Now to have a phone good enough to do it (let alone a good enough signal, and being on iPhone..)
    The buttons on handheld consoles didn't cover part of he screen making it impossible to see enemies because your thumbs are in the way. Also, the lack of physical feedback and unpredictable input delay make any game that relies on quick reactions and pulling off combos much more difficult, and SoR definitely falls into that category.
  • eayragteayragt207,321
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 17:09
    Gave it a whirl, and Slay the Spire is perfect for touch controls. Good job.
    Say everything with a smile
  • pradDIABLOpradDIABLO190,116
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 17:12
    Does it also work for local streaming (like via iOS for example)?
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE400,880
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 17:12
    There seems to be a disconnect between the article list and the photo.

BOTH include these games:
    * Gucamelee! 2 (which should be GUACAMELEE not GUC lol)
    * Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
    * Hotshot Racing
    * Killer Instinct
    * New Super Lucky’s Tale
    * Slay The Spire
    * Streets of Rage 4
    * Tell Me Why
    * UnderMine

But the photo includes (not included in your list):
    * Minecraft Dungeons

And the list includes (not included on the photo):
    * Dead Cells
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • halohogghalohogg103,980
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 20:18
    negative1ne said:
    Will never play a game with touch only controls, unless its made for it.

Arcade games, twitch games, fighting games, racing games need real controllers.

If you actually want to play them.

If you want to goof around, and pretend, sure, use touch controls.

later
    Xbox's foray into phone gaming. I agree with you that real gaming and phone gaming are two separate entities. Phone gaming will likely go by the wayside like Kinect, SmartGlass, and Cortana - distractions that nobody needed.
  • The Wet ChefThe Wet Chef355,290
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 22:44
    No THIS is a touchy subject winklaugh

I played Hellblade in the Beta with touch, it was "ok" at best. It was not that fun.
    The game Among Us is a phone game with touch and its a "simple" game, its not that fun to control it.
    I keap having to reset my thumbs and it blocks the screen. I know the blocking is normal but still an anojense.
    There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
  • Domyn1010Domyn1010116,579
    Posted on 23 October 20 at 22:54
    I feel that the controls are half-baked, since Slay the Spire could have beautiful throw-like controls, but instead we just got D-pad and ABXY buttons. And Microsoft showed that those kind of controls can be done, since Minecraft Dungeons have drag-and-drop manipulation of inventory,
  • OrunjOrunj256,068
    Posted on 27 October 20 at 07:58
    XXDeZnUtZ34Xxx said:
    Unpopular Opinion... Touch controls are horrible on any system. I hate playing games with touch controls.
    true but in a pinch or if your battery dies in your controller... maybe if you just want to sign in to get daily sign in bonuses while your away from home on a road trip? Touch is nice where its needed or even simple games like gems of war. But at some point the tech has to be pressured to progress in the direction to evolve or its going to remain the same mundane tech.
    Yes and yes ^
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.