Game Discussion: The Language Of Love

Really people?

• Posted on 29 October 20 at 02:17
    Has it finally come down to this? Tap cn_RB, get 1000gs.

Sad.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,843,283
    Posted on 29 October 20 at 04:31
    Not gonna play it then? :)
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,061,959
    Posted on 29 October 20 at 06:51, Edited on 29 October 20 at 06:51 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    13 fucking years ago people were smashing B for 1000 GS in A:TBE. What's your point?
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • AHGregAHGreg1,087,672
    Posted on 29 October 20 at 07:27
    For the first time ever I was able to complete a game 100% while I was brushing my teeth
    A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man.
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,144,757
    Posted on 29 October 20 at 10:00
    I refuse to play this nonsense so I'll get my kid to do it instead
  • StriveStrive600,602
  • JonkerJonker1,103,227
    Posted on 29 October 20 at 13:21
    In Touchdown Hero: New Season (WP) you pay for an in-app purchase and get all achievements without even playing the game... then restore your purchases on the Win8 version (or vice versa) and you get another completion.
  • JamPound32JamPound32988,269
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 12:02
    Nobody tell him these have been around for years on the 360.
  • Throni360Throni3601,588,570
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 10:24
    JamP0und32 said:
    These new "games" don't even have choices. It's just fast forwarding to 1k. They're literal movies.
  • Posted on 31 October 20 at 15:24
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    13 fucking years ago people were smashing B for 1000 GS in A:TBE. What's your point?
    1.) You actually had to hit more than one button (i.e. "smashing B").

2.) A:TBE was a memetic joke on TA for years (still is). Now "worse" games are becoming standardized.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,061,959
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 17:26
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    1.) You actually had to hit more than one button (i.e. "smashing B").

2.) A:TBE was a memetic joke on TA for years (still is). Now "worse" games are becoming standardized.
    You smash the B button for 30 seconds or whatever in the opening of the game and get 1000 GS. This game is worse but the difference is so small it doesn't really change anything.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 31 October 20 at 18:16
    JamP0und32 said:
    A:TBE was an anomaly, part of the first wave of achievements in games where developers hadn't figured out what they had yet. Weird scores (960GS max in Condemned: Criminal Origins), DLC included in the 1000GS (some of which never got released, looking at you Hellboy), goofy lists (A:TBE being the best example), etc. After that first year, companies settled on a good rhythm and these instances disappeared.

(And digital games only gave 200GS)

Thats why A:TBE was famous. An anomaly of an achievement list during an anomaly of a time.

Now we have dozens of games that give 1000GS in literally a few minutes with minimum interaction. We're RAPIDLY approaching the Steam garbage achievement system at this rate.
  • JamPound32JamPound32988,269
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 19:44, Edited on 31 October 20 at 19:44 by JamPound32
    I’m not even referencing avatar, I’m talking about the Japanese visual novels where holding down cn_RB would bet you 1k within a few hours.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,116,120
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 21:58
    Game is on sale for 8 bucks and has over a 1000 sales on TA alone within 3 days, I doubt the Devs are complaining seeing these profits over a 3 minute clicking simulator. ;)
    kid you live in forest i smell it go takes care about your cows and let mens to do buisness
  • snake42069snake42069969,639
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 22:41, Edited on 01 November 20 at 22:41 by snake42069
    hilarious thing is ive played H-Games exactly like this that were more difficult. They also had deeper plot.
  • ZippyAdamZippyAdam1,143,264
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 11:52
    Why are people so upset at what others spend time and money on? If you don't like easy gamerscore games just avoid them. This site is a terrible place to complain about these things anyway. People come here to find fast and easy games/solutions.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,258,289
    Posted on 07 November 20 at 09:54, Edited on 07 November 20 at 09:54 by The Globalizer
    ZippyAdam said:
    Why are people so upset at what others spend time and money on? If you don't like easy gamerscore games just avoid them. This site is a terrible place to complain about these things anyway. People come here to find fast and easy games/solutions.
    I've bern seeing this lately and it's only partially true. The old schoolers here (mostly) joined because their hard games were undervalued, not to goose their GS easily.

As always, do you, but this isn't an "easy achievements" site.
  • Posted on 07 November 20 at 14:03
    The Globalizer said:
    ZippyAdam said:
    I've bern seeing this lately and it's only partially true. The old schoolers here (mostly) joined because their hard games were undervalued, not to goose their GS easily.

As always, do you, but this isn't an "easy achievements" site.
    No one is arguing about how you spend your time and money. The argument is whether the achievement system itself is slipping in quality. Two totally different arguments.

On Steam, there are games specifically made for people to get achievements. There is a game where you get an achievement for every bullet you shoot for the first 10,000 bullets (i.e you get 10,000 achievements in less than a minute). The lack of any quality control on the Steam system turns their whole achievement system into a joke.

Ever hear anyone talk about their super-high Steam achievement score? No? The above is why. Curated achievement lists is why Xbox has been the home for achievement hunters for years and years (PSN Trophies quickly caught up, by mirroring the Xbox system outside of a "score"). Therein, if all you care about is easy achievement and a super high score, and don't care about the quality of the system, there is a platform for you, and its called Steam.

The "old" Xbox 360 admittedly isn't without its flaws -- you can get A:TBE 1000GS in 5 minutes but 'Splosion Man games only give you 200GS and take 40-50 hours. But flooding the market with 5 minute, 1 button 1000GS games is NOT the solution to this. And we're approaching the Steam garbage game precipice very rapidly nowadays.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,258,289
    Posted on 07 November 20 at 14:47, Edited on 07 November 20 at 14:47 by The Globalizer
    NARRATOR VOICE: The achievement system is slipping in quality. 😉
  • Posted on 07 November 20 at 19:42
    The Globalizer said:
    NARRATOR VOICE: The achievement system is slipping in quality. 😉
    laugh

I know at the end of the day all this is meaningless, but considering that I've been in this ecosystem since 2007 I get to call out its impending trashing in 2020.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.