Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for November revealed

• LoneBro4kLoneBro4k165,413
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 18:43
    GwG is like a complimentary breakfast at a hotel. If all you were paying for was the breakfast, sure, it might be disappointing, but you are paying to stay at the hotel. The complimentary breakfast may not be the best, but it is a nice little bonus, and they certainly don't have to provide it if they don't want to.
  • XwolfanXXwolfanX669,821
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 19:35
    Cuthred said:
    I just come here to see people whine .... and I never get disappointed
    What a sad live you must have m8
    ^ this guy, what can you spect from a GT like this
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414247,809
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 20:08
    Maybe the Spectrum one. Fine by me.
    I can singlehandedly replace Bungo’s entire army of 500.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead560,981
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 20:18, Edited on 30 October 20 at 20:26 by HolyHalfDead
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Buttercup III said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    R0XX0 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    Is it just me, or has the Xbox 360 listing for LEGO Indiana Jones been removed?
    I've noticed a few games delisted yesterday.
    It looks like it is delisted
    The Xbox One listing is still available - http://www.microsoft.com/p/x/BPFXMQVLHFV4 (which means you lose access if you let your XBL Gold sub lapse).

I wonder if this is a mistake, or if there will be more delisting's from the Xbox 360 store now that they are available on the Xbox One store.
    I was wondering why some of my Xbox 2001/Xbox 360 games that were recent GWG offers we’re showing the little Games With Gold logo in the corner (which is how you know what access you have to the game). It makes sense now.

I think Microsoft have found a workaround to keeping previous generation games tied to your account and making you keep Gold in order to access them.

The way it’s been forever is that you have to have Gold to play the XB1 GWG games but the previous gen games are yours forever. But if they delist the games on 360 and only make them downloadable from the XB1 links, they can tie them to your account like XB1 games.

That’s really fucking sneaky and scummy. shock
    If that's the case, what about those that only play on 360, and obtain their GWG from there? That'd be wrong to advertise a delisted 360 game on the 360 dashboard, then told that you can only obtain the game created for the console you are currently using by visiting the MS store, or using XB1.
    I agree. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks. Would be a bad look just a few days after the Series launch for those still on a n-2 console.

Microsoft don’t have the ability to revoke an Xbox/Xbox 360 license. All they can do is ban your console or ban your account. This is why you can’t use fake/gift money to buy 360 content, unless it is done from a console they can ban (as fake accounts can easily be created for a one off “purchase”). With Xbox One came the ability to use unverified payment methods, as Microsoft have the ability to revoke that purchase should it be fraudulent. Of course that means they can revoke licenses issued as part of a sub, hence why GamePass is even possible.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead560,981
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 20:31, Edited on 30 October 20 at 20:32 by HolyHalfDead
    superniceguy said:
    It should be available to download free on Xbox 360. Meet the Robinsons was not available to buy in the UK, but then when it was made GWG, we could get it free on Xbox 360.
    Bit of a difference between something that wasn’t GoD to something that was GoD and was then delisted.

Of course they can relist a delisted game, but will they? Perhaps they will, but only for games while they are GwG. Either way they will be getting complaints.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 20:34
    Meh, at least they are completable
  • DiegoTanDiegoTan271,738
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 20:35
    lol, either total trash or games that everyone already played 10 years ago. I don't think I'll even bother to download any of it
    This website is great!
  • xXBlackTarXxxXBlackTarXx174,714
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 20:44
    GV Loc said:
    what a pile of garbage
    Full Spectrum Warrior isn't garbage but the others are
  • NetechmaNetechma249,549
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 00:33
    all titles I don't have and will gladly take.
    please check out my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DidntknowIwantedthis/
  • Posted on 31 October 20 at 07:56
    OG Xbox titles are good and all but how about a good one? How about we get Black? Y'know one of the first "military fps" titles to become a sensation before COD owned the whole market.
    OR better yet a little known gem largely forgotten but very unique Urban Chaos Riot response brought to you by Rocksteady Games.

Lego Indiana Jones? How many Lego games are we gonna get they are all almost identical in gameplay and Cheevos.
    The X1 games look pretty nice tho,
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,342,005
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 15:54
    ewwww.... GARBAGE
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,342,005
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 15:54
    ^I'D SO GO FOR URBAN CHAOS! :D
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn442,476
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 18:38
    LoneBro4k said:
    GwG is like a complimentary breakfast at a hotel. If all you were paying for was the breakfast, sure, it might be disappointing, but you are paying to stay at the hotel. The complimentary breakfast may not be the best, but it is a nice little bonus, and they certainly don't have to provide it if they don't want to.
    You're right, and GwG are like that more and more since Game Pass, I don't know if in a few months they'll still exist.
  • JedEganJedEgan609,849
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 19:06
    FireDrake007 said:
    2 of the 4 games provided with GwG is actually given out permanently and will be part of your owned library which you can access even if you cancel your sub.
    This is only partially true now. If you redeem GwG 360 or OG Xbox games directly through the Xbox One store or the new Xbox website you're only getting a licence like PS Plus, you don't own them outright. They changed it about three months back when the new store launched.

You need to purchase on an Xbox 360 directly or via the old website to own them outright now.

That said, Lego Indy 1 isn't available to purchase directly from an Xbox 360, so looks like we won't be able to own that one outright.
  • x Tyian xx Tyian x606,274
    Posted on 31 October 20 at 23:08
    I’m very happy to revisit Lego Indy, one of my early 360 games I never got around to finishing
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007106,083
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 01:21
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    2 of the 4 games provided with GwG is actually given out permanently and will be part of your owned library which you can access even if you cancel your sub.
    This is only partially true now. If you redeem GwG 360 or OG Xbox games directly through the Xbox One store or the new Xbox website you're only getting a licence like PS Plus, you don't own them outright. They changed it about three months back when the new store launched.

You need to purchase on an Xbox 360 directly or via the old website to own them outright now.

That said, Lego Indy 1 isn't available to purchase directly from an Xbox 360, so looks like we won't be able to own that one outright.
    Not on Xbox One. All the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games I have claimed this year are included in my Owned library while the Xbox One games I claimed are in the Games with Gold list.

On the Xbox 360 I have read that you might need to look for the GWG games in the download list.
  • JedEganJedEgan609,849
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 01:50
    FireDrake007 said:
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:

Not on Xbox One. All the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games I have claimed this year are included in my Owned library while the Xbox One games I claimed are in the Games with Gold list.

On the Xbox 360 I have read that you might need to look for the GWG games in the download list.
    Try it tomorrow with the latest OG Xbox game. If you grab it on Xbox One the new store tells you that you can play it with Gold or buy it to own, same as Xbox One games. Then check your library, it'll be under the Games with Gold section.

This change happened when the new store launched which was literally a few weeks ago (I'm in Alpha Preview so have had it for months now, but I just grab them on the 360 so I own the licence).
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007106,083
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 02:00, Edited on 01 November 20 at 02:04 by FireDrake007
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:

Try it tomorrow with the latest OG Xbox game. If you grab it on Xbox One the new store tells you that you can play it with Gold or buy it to own, same as Xbox One games. Then check your library, it'll be under the Games with Gold section.

This change happened when the new store launched which was literally a few weeks ago (I'm in Alpha Preview so have had it for months now, but I just grab them on the 360 so I own the licence).
    I never claim games with GWG on Xbox One. Only on PC.

In fact I just claimed Full Spectrum Warrior on PC a few minutes ago.

I then went to my Xbox One to check if it is there and sure enough the game is in my Owned library. It is not listed in the Games with Gold section.
  • JedEganJedEgan609,849
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 02:05
    FireDrake007 said:
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:

I then went to my Xbox One to check if it is there and sure enough the game is in my Owned library. It is not listed in the Games with Gold section.
    My original point that owning 360 and OG games is now only partially true still stands.
  • ClockKingRMClockKingRM745,943
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 03:03
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    JedEgan said:
    FireDrake007 said:

My original point that owning 360 and OG games is now only partially true still stands.
    It's true. I noticed on my friends XBox One that some of his Games With Gold 360 and Original XBox games were labeled as Games With Gold in his library because he redeemed them on his One. As long as you redeem them on PC or 360 then you're good.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.