Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for November revealed

  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0259,731
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 09:57
    Buttercup III said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    R0XX0 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    Is it just me, or has the Xbox 360 listing for LEGO Indiana Jones been removed?
    I've noticed a few games delisted yesterday.
    It looks like it is delisted
    The Xbox One listing is still available - http://www.microsoft.com/p/x/BPFXMQVLHFV4 (which means you lose access if you let your XBL Gold sub lapse).

    I wonder if this is a mistake, or if there will be more delisting's from the Xbox 360 store now that they are available on the Xbox One store.
    I was wondering why some of my Xbox 2001/Xbox 360 games that were recent GWG offers we’re showing the little Games With Gold logo in the corner (which is how you know what access you have to the game). It makes sense now.

    I think Microsoft have found a workaround to keeping previous generation games tied to your account and making you keep Gold in order to access them.

    The way it’s been forever is that you have to have Gold to play the XB1 GWG games but the previous gen games are yours forever. But if they delist the games on 360 and only make them downloadable from the XB1 links, they can tie them to your account like XB1 games.

    That’s really fucking sneaky and scummy. shock
    If that's the case, what about those that only play on 360, and obtain their GWG from there? That'd be wrong to advertise a delisted 360 game on the 360 dashboard, then told that you can only obtain the game created for the console you are currently using by visiting the MS store, or using XB1.
    Finally gaming on the One.
  • Dave BodomDave Bodom1,113,197
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 10:15
    Everything you get in gamepass and people still cry about GWG without fail.
  • GXGX375,890 375,890 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 10:26, Edited on 30 October 20 at 10:27 by GX
    This is what they offer during the month of their newest console launch? Jeez Xbox is a joke. Dread to see the Game Pass offerings.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,231,691
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 10:49
    I'll play Aragami for some reason
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 11:13, Edited on 30 October 20 at 11:13 by aLackofGravitas
    gamepIayx said:
    This is what they offer during the month of their newest console launch? Jeez Xbox is a joke. Dread to see the Game Pass offerings.

    Don't panic - I'm sure there will be some games you can cheat at.
  • damesivdamesiv297,752
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 11:25
    I will no doubt end up playing the Lego game but I'm unsure about the others.
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 12:00
    Stuff I don't own and will claim, but I doubt I will ever install them - let alone play them.

    Feels like every once in a while there is a game that interests me... but 2020 has been a rough year for GwG, IMO.
  • te5s3raktte5s3rakt308,470
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 12:27
    EarthboundX said:
    te5s3rakt said:
    I just came to the realisation I haven't actually added a single GwG title to my account in probably 3-4 months. Bit sad, because there used to always be at least something exciting :(
    Why would you not still add them to your account? It just takes a couple clicks.

    There's been a lot of GWG games that haven't interested me, but I always still add them, there's really no reason not to.
    Well if they're something say "I might eventually play if I had zero backlog", then I add them.
    But if it's a title that if "given the choice to play it, or literally do anything else, I would prefer do the something else", then I don't bother.
    I guess my point was last few months, every title has fallen in the second category.
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ251,628
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 12:57
    Very happy about Lego Indiana Jones, I have it on disk but saves switching it out to finish it.

    Not played any of the other games so I'll grab them for the backlog.
  • KaiyoOrganizKaiyoOrganiz250,905
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 13:23
    I'll claim them but never play them unless I need to grab some achievements off 1 outta the 3 of them.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,421,038
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 13:27, Edited on 30 October 20 at 13:28 by EarthboundX
    te5s3rakt said:
    EarthboundX said:
    te5s3rakt said:
    I just came to the realisation I haven't actually added a single GwG title to my account in probably 3-4 months. Bit sad, because there used to always be at least something exciting :(
    Why would you not still add them to your account? It just takes a couple clicks.

    There's been a lot of GWG games that haven't interested me, but I always still add them, there's really no reason not to.
    Well if they're something say "I might eventually play if I had zero backlog", then I add them.
    But if it's a title that if "given the choice to play it, or literally do anything else, I would prefer do the something else", then I don't bother.
    I guess my point was last few months, every title has fallen in the second category.
    Ok, fair enough I guess. Free is free in my mind, doesn't hurt to add it. There have been a few GWG games I never thought I would play, but then I ended up playing and enjoying them. You never know, so I might as well add them.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion718,328
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 13:52, Edited on 30 October 20 at 13:55 by Boots Orion
    EarthboundX said:
    te5s3rakt said:
    EarthboundX said:
    te5s3rakt said:
    I just came to the realisation I haven't actually added a single GwG title to my account in probably 3-4 months. Bit sad, because there used to always be at least something exciting :(
    Why would you not still add them to your account? It just takes a couple clicks.

    There's been a lot of GWG games that haven't interested me, but I always still add them, there's really no reason not to.
    Well if they're something say "I might eventually play if I had zero backlog", then I add them.
    But if it's a title that if "given the choice to play it, or literally do anything else, I would prefer do the something else", then I don't bother.
    I guess my point was last few months, every title has fallen in the second category.
    Ok, fair enough I guess. Free is free in my mind, doesn't hurt to add it. There have been a few GWG games I never thought I would play, but then I ended up playing and enjoying them. You never know, so I might as well add them.
    This is the way I look at it too. Furthermore, it's not like you have to play it during the GWG month or anything. You can play it whenever you want so long as you maintain the XBL Gold sub (for the XB1 games anyway).

    I just played Pneuma and The Turing Test which were GWG years ago. TTT is on GP currently but still.

    I see no reason why you wouldn't claim a game even if you have zero interest in it at the time.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • GepardsGepards108,411
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 14:04
    third month with cancelled Gold un GP goes pretty good
    Thanks, guys!
  • Sonic6LSonic6L184,561
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 14:10
    They're all crap and I'm pretty sure Indiana Jones has been GWG before?
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 14:51
    I think they should just cancel GWG by now. With the recent lineup it's now more hurting than helping. Game Pass is so much better at this point.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm433,880
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 15:08
    ALittleLebowski said:
    I think they should just cancel GWG by now. With the recent lineup it's now more hurting than helping. Game Pass is so much better at this point.
    Apples and oranges and you get both with Ultimate.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy316,740
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 15:52
    Anxsighety said:
    superniceguy said:
    Anxsighety said:
    go look at PSPlus last couple moths and report back. Thry're even getting a launch game. Stop defending this garbage.
    I have not subbed to ps plus for months as it has not given me anything I dont already have. Most games given out each month is / was in PS NOW. Last month had Vampyr also in PS NOW no sign of it leaving atm for at least 6 months with the exception if devs go bust or get into legal dispute / NFS Heat which is in EA Play (plus I own it) and only £3.99 to playthrough in a month. This month is Hollow Knight and Shadow of War, which both were in PS NOW, and Hollow Knight still in Game Pass, plus may as well buy Shadow of War complete than buy just DLCs. The other month PS NOW gave out Farming Simulator and Cities Skylines, both in PS NOW. The only games worth getting PS PLUS recently is for COD WWII and modernwarfare 2 remastered

    Not really much point subbing to PS PLUS when subbed to PS NOW, and online multiplayer is free for the PS NOW games.

    For just £2.50 per month (when bought 12 months PS NOW a few months ago on sale) can play Rainbow Six Seige and online, but on Xbox have to pay £10.99. There has not been many good deals on xbox subs lately for existing subbers.

    GWG gives me plenty each month. They are not good but means I am less likely to have them. Slayaway was a nice easy 1000GS for Xbox Hall of Fame 👍

    GWG > PS+
    PS NOW > Game Pass.

    If I was not subbed to Gold I doubt I would resub for these games though. I have Aragami on PS4, dont have Swim Sanity, I have Full Spectrum Warrior digitally on Xbox ONE, and Lego Indiana Jones on disc, but being subbed already gives me opportunity to play Aragami again on Xbox for achievements, lets me try Swim Sanity (I may like it), and gives me digital copy of Lego Indiana Jones. The only loss is Full Spectrum Warrior as I already have it.

    The only bonus for me from PS+ is Bugsnax

    PS+ just gives 1 game, GWG gives me 3 games

    Therefore GWG wins October for free games
    PS Now is an absolute joke and this comment is hilarious
    PS Now WAS a joke but it is not NOW dance
  • superniceguysuperniceguy316,740
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 15:54
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Buttercup III said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    R0XX0 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    Is it just me, or has the Xbox 360 listing for LEGO Indiana Jones been removed?
    I've noticed a few games delisted yesterday.
    It looks like it is delisted
    The Xbox One listing is still available - http://www.microsoft.com/p/x/BPFXMQVLHFV4 (which means you lose access if you let your XBL Gold sub lapse).

    I wonder if this is a mistake, or if there will be more delisting's from the Xbox 360 store now that they are available on the Xbox One store.
    I was wondering why some of my Xbox 2001/Xbox 360 games that were recent GWG offers we’re showing the little Games With Gold logo in the corner (which is how you know what access you have to the game). It makes sense now.

    I think Microsoft have found a workaround to keeping previous generation games tied to your account and making you keep Gold in order to access them.

    The way it’s been forever is that you have to have Gold to play the XB1 GWG games but the previous gen games are yours forever. But if they delist the games on 360 and only make them downloadable from the XB1 links, they can tie them to your account like XB1 games.

    That’s really fucking sneaky and scummy. shock
    If that's the case, what about those that only play on 360, and obtain their GWG from there? That'd be wrong to advertise a delisted 360 game on the 360 dashboard, then told that you can only obtain the game created for the console you are currently using by visiting the MS store, or using XB1.
    It should be available to download free on Xbox 360. Meet the Robinsons was not available to buy in the UK, but then when it was made GWG, we could get it free on Xbox 360.
  • Tatl360Tatl360281,032
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 16:52, Edited on 30 October 20 at 17:01 by Tatl360
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Tatl360 said:
    They have kept the demo, so, like Doom and Doom 2, owners can download the demo and enable the full version.
    I think that only works for XBLA games. Xbox 360 game demos were around before GOD.
    hmm that's right. The size of the Games on Demand games are different.
    We will need to see how Lego Indiana Jones will be available without the Microsoft.com store.

    It's currently unavailable on the marketplace. And a page for the game was created in my region and other regions where the game was not available to purchase before this Gold announcement. There must be a reason this page is there with a demo (and a gamerpic pack laugh)

    Dresden N7 said:
    And it was only a few months ago where they started the shift to buying BC X360 games on your X1 without being redirected to the X360 marketplace. (With one of the chief benefits being able to use our MS credit for BC purchases.)

    I think your deduction is correct, and Microsoft might be in the process of retiring the X360 marketplace.

    The Syberia and LEGO Indiana Jones examples are especially important--delisted on X360 but purchasable on X1--because it seems all BC titles may work like this in the near future.
    As it seems to work perfectly for the Arcade games only, we need to wait for more evidence for the imminent doomsday. angry
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 16:55
    Dave Bodom said:
    Everything you get in gamepass and people still cry about GWG without fail.
    Well hooray for you.

    Uppity tossers who think they're above everyone else just because they don't mind the selections are always here without fail too.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.