Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XIII achievement list revealed

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm457,432
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 23:18
    Shouldn't there have been 13 achievements? Or would that have been bag luck.

What is very bad luck is the game has a platinum wannabe achievement of the type that is notoriously glitched on the X1.
  • Posted on 02 November 20 at 01:47
    Lavindathar said:
    FranconianX said:
    Complete the campaign on maximum difficulty.

Aaaaand...skip. Can't stand these kind of achievements.
    This just makes no sense. Who wants a tag only filled with easy games? You need a balance. Never understood people skipping games because of achievements.
    Agreed. Difficulty achievements may occasionally steer me away from a completion, but never from playing a game entirely.
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 02:55
    GuitarHeroAero said:
    Lavindathar said:
    FranconianX said:

This just makes no sense. Who wants a tag only filled with easy games? You need a balance. Never understood people skipping games because of achievements.
    Agreed. Difficulty achievements may occasionally steer me away from a completion, but never from playing a game entirely.
    The achievement for playing on max difficulty looks like the only one that's halfway interesting--get five documents, get ten documents, get 15 documents, etc. What are we doing here? Filling out a bunch of boring paperwork? And the platinum wannabe is a deal breaker.
  • LuucLuuc615,168
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 11:15
    Really looking forward to this game. Just ashame it's listed at € 49,99.
    Also wondering if this achievement will unlock or not:
    XIIIUltimate XIIIThe Ultimate XIII achievement in XIII worth 306 pointsObtain all the achievements of the game.
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR291,280
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 11:46
    I see they didn't remake Duchovny's terrible voice acting.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,480,386
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 11:59
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Maximum difficulty sounds fun.

Also, taking bets on the "get all achievements" achievement being broken. Why does Xbox get these stupid ass achievements? We don't have the equivalent of a bootleg "platinum". We get 100% and that's all that matters.
    Because devs are lazy and just port over the tropy lists.
  • Posted on 02 November 20 at 12:20
    Never even heard of this game. Seems like a lot of people like it though.
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 14:09
    Luuc said:
    Also wondering if this achievement will unlock or not:
    XIIIUltimate XIIIThe Ultimate XIII achievement in XIII worth 306 pointsObtain all the achievements of the game.
    That kind of achievement always makes me nervous.
  • Posted on 02 November 20 at 14:45
    EarthboundX said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

Also, taking bets on the "get all achievements" achievement being broken. Why does Xbox get these stupid ass achievements? We don't have the equivalent of a bootleg "platinum". We get 100% and that's all that matters.
    You're right, but it should be the other way around. Xbox created achievements. They were the progenitor. Just because Sony sold the most consoles doesn't mean we should have to play by their rules. Bah.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Posted on 02 November 20 at 14:48
    I've seen an unopened ps2 version for $2. Wonder what that resell value is....
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 15:02, Edited on 02 November 20 at 15:03 by Allgorhythm
    EarthboundX said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

That’s exactly right. Moreover, a company who is too lazy to do more than just port over a trophy list is also too lazy to properly code the platinum wannabe achievement on the X1—hence the high propensity for platinum wannabes to be glitched.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,111,181
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 21:00
    Liked the original but THAT price for such a niche game in the mass of x-mas releases seems crazy.
  • KexolKexol425,172
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 21:59
    Lavindathar said:
    FranconianX said:

Exactly! Difficult achievements are awesome. Cumulative or collectible achievements are not. Unless they give you a cutscene, story element, or an in game reward other than the achievement.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,480,386
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 00:08
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    EarthboundX said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

You're right, but it should be the other way around. Xbox created achievements. They were the progenitor. Just because Sony sold the most consoles doesn't mean we should have to play by their rules. Bah.
    I agree, but Sony has such a huge lead over MS when it comes to console sales, so I guess it's simpler to go with the leader?
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,831,276
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 19:43
    NO1KEV said:
    Liked the original but THAT price for such a niche game in the mass of x-mas releases seems crazy.
    Thinking the same thing
  • LuucLuuc615,168
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 11:04
    It looks like the difficulty achievements don't stack. The one person that has early access and played it does have the following achievement unlocked:
    XIIIAuthentic XIII AgentThe Authentic XIII Agent achievement in XIII worth 159 pointsComplete the campaign on maximum difficulty.

But he has the following achievements locked:
    XIIIThat was easy!The That was easy! achievement in XIII worth 51 pointsComplete the campaign on easy difficulty

XIIIMade it!The Made it! achievement in XIII worth 67 pointsComplete the campaign on medium difficulty
  • MrkDhn10MrkDhn10750,670
    Posted on 08 November 20 at 07:21
    Just about the first game I played back in the original Xbox, so I'm definitely getting this. Just hope the rose-tinted glasses aren't covering for a disappointing reunion!
    Boring sounding achievement list though.
  • WhiterValkyrieWhiterValkyrie1,332,140
    Posted on 08 November 20 at 12:28
    So this one is glitched !

XIIIFinish HimWhiterValkyrieThe Finish Him achievement in XIII worth 86 pointsDeplete the armor of a fully armored enemy, then kill him with a melee attack

The guy has all achievements unlocked (even the platinum) but not this one... Strange !
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
    Posted on 08 November 20 at 14:12, Edited on 08 November 20 at 14:14 by Allgorhythm
    WhiterValkyrie said:
    So this one is glitched !

XIIIFinish HimWhiterValkyrieThe Finish Him achievement in XIII worth 86 pointsDeplete the armor of a fully armored enemy, then kill him with a melee attack

The guy has all achievements unlocked (even the platinum) but not this one... Strange !
    That means the game credited the player with the achievement but failed to trigger unlocking it in XBox Live.
  • WhiterValkyrieWhiterValkyrie1,332,140
    Posted on 08 November 20 at 14:39, Edited on 08 November 20 at 14:40 by WhiterValkyrie
    Allgorhythm said:
    That means the game credited the player with the achievement but failed to trigger unlocking it in XBox Live.
    ...or the achievement itself is badly coded but the platinum recheck every condition instead of every achievement.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.