Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Grim Fandango Remastered Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
  • Remco1986Remco1986281,042
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 18:32
    Hi all, I'm Remco1986 and I will be writing my first walkthrough for this site. Please bear with me as I'm finding my way through the TA walkthrough editor and while I'm working my way through the game while I write.
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 07:42
    Year 1 walkthrough has been finished :)
  • oO CRAIGE OooO CRAIGE Oo822,567
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 15:46
    Damn! You beat me to it. Good luck writing it buddy, look forward to reading it
    Posted on 02 November 20 at 21:05
    Year 2 nearly done, just two more sections to cover. Will continue tomorrow.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 November 20 at 21:50
    Remco1986 said:
    Year 2 nearly done, just two more sections to cover. Will continue tomorrow.
    excellent I will be wathcing for when it releases!
  • NYHAZE4201NYHAZE42011,280,233
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 03:34
    Awesome look forward to your walkthrough
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:12
    Year 2 finished. Will start writing year 3 tonight.
    Nice to see some users waiting with anticipation. I hope the wait is worth it!
  • SigmaVariantSigmaVariant461,615
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 19:37
    Thank you for your work Remco1986! I'm also waiting in anticipation for the completed walkthrough guide.
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 20:35, Edited on 03 November 20 at 20:38 by Remco1986
    Year 3 has just been written 🙂 Almost there.

Edit: just noticed that the year 3 page has 1337 words. Achievement unlocked?
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 20:43
    Year 4 finished. I have submitted the walkthrough for review. As this is my very first walkthrough on this site, there will probably be some small remarks from the staff before it's being published. I that case, I will process those asap.

I hope you enjoy my walkthrough and that it helps you in quickly getting through the story unlocking all 48 achievements in the process.
  • PalmettoBlingPalmettoBling1,297,144
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 21:42
    Thanks! I am trying to wrap up some achievements and it's very tedious going back and forth on the achievement page trying not to miss anything in a chapter. Appreciate your work!
    Word.
  • SeargantGioSeargantGio201,603
    Posted on 05 November 20 at 15:20
    Looking forward to following along with this guide for my first ever completion of this game. Thanks for taking the time to put it together Remco1986.
  • IceeLadyIceeLady124,790
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 04:22
    Looking forward to seeing your walkthrough dance excited to see it!!!
    IceeLady
  • Posted on 10 November 20 at 21:29
    We believe in you!
    Guess i´ll be waiting for this and play another game. keep up the good work!
  • IceeLadyIceeLady124,790
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 00:43
    Not familiar with the previous game Barely started last night Am enjoying so far Laughing at some of the convo Im not wanting to get too far into game in case I went left instead of right and missed a cheevo
    IceeLady
  • Information
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt2,686,916
    Posted on 13 November 20 at 20:46, Edited on 14 November 20 at 01:13 by ScoobyDoobyD0nt
    excellent walkthrough so far, but i believe i found a mistake that got me confused for a few minutes. Year 3, when you just reach the end of the world. You go up the elevator, then go right to meet dom and meche, then get thrown into the room on the left with the kids in a bird cage. The wt currently says just walk in the room on the left once you initially step off the elevator, but the door is closed and this isnt possible. unless i misunderstood something (which is also very possible lmao)

another one, when you are stuck in the room with meche after dom locks her in there for taking manny hostage and pointing the gun at him in year 3, you have to hit the sprinkler with the scythe to cause water to pool on the floor. then, go right and drain the water, taking note where the water leaves (SOUTHeastern tile from the middle, not north) then drop the axe on said tile.
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
    Posted on 14 November 20 at 11:36
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    excellent walkthrough so far, but i believe i found a mistake that got me confused for a few minutes. Year 3, when you just reach the end of the world. You go up the elevator, then go right to meet dom and meche, then get thrown into the room on the left with the kids in a bird cage. The wt currently says just walk in the room on the left once you initially step off the elevator, but the door is closed and this isnt possible. unless i misunderstood something (which is also very possible lmao)

another one, when you are stuck in the room with meche after dom locks her in there for taking manny hostage and pointing the gun at him in year 3, you have to hit the sprinkler with the scythe to cause water to pool on the floor. then, go right and drain the water, taking note where the water leaves (SOUTHeastern tile from the middle, not north) then drop the axe on said tile.
    Thanks, you are right! I have corrected both things and after reviewing by TA it should be updated soon.
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Remco1986][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Remco1986.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Posted on 14 November 20 at 22:01
    There appears to be a game breaking glitch with Year 3 and the crane section. The game is not allowing to get out of the crane after cutting the chain from the block and putting into the crusher wheels. I am stuck only being able to move the crane and being able to drop or raise the chain. While sometimes the sounds of the crane actions are happening off screen while I am stuck at the location that Manny is in... Currently stuck with having only relied on Autosave, not realizing that would be an issue, looks like I have to start the whole game all over to try and get past this section without a glitch :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.