The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: November 3rd, 2020

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,943
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 08:13, Edited on 03 November 20 at 09:48 by HolyHalfDead
    mkdfan said:
    Got Anodyne and Gods Remastered cause they are cheap as chips!
    Came across my copy of Gods yesterday, hard to believe it’s 29 years old. Thinking about picking up the remaster.

Edit: Didn’t think long, bought it.

Edit 2: Looks like a 29 year old game on a floppy disk is actually worth something, so it’s going on eBay.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,736
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 08:27
    XCaptainMexico said:
    Any hidden gems in this list? Also I'm still waiting on plague inc to be on sale again.
    Othercide is easily my game of the year. It came out in August so that’s a decent discount.
  • BAYTAN ONEBAYTAN ONE972,669
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 08:48
    TymanTheLong said:
    XCaptainMexico said:
    Any hidden gems in this list? Also I'm still waiting on plague inc to be on sale again.
    Othercide is easily my game of the year. It came out in August so that’s a decent discount.
    agree and I will add State of Mind as I read a really good dystopian history + inspiration of movie like blade runner, matrix, clones, black mirror
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,816
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 09:30
    Nothing this time
  • DDevDDev454,850
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 09:36
    Does anyone know if verdun has any multiplayer life left in there?
    Gears player since 06'
  • Posted on 03 November 20 at 11:23
    Nothing jumping out at me either :( Last three weeks were good and got some nice deals but this week is a pass
  • xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil275,347
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 11:40
    Other week without racing :(
  • ugliugli489,961
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 13:05
    Nice. Gonna buy all of these.
  • Posted on 03 November 20 at 13:06, Edited on 03 November 20 at 13:08 by The Reverend JC
    XCaptainMexico said:
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is brilliant, well worth £13.99. My wait for Bloodstained CotM 2 to go on sale continues.
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn496,404
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 13:22
    That's a lot of games, but I don't see one that I currently want to do. Backlog time until XSX I guess
  • drewblesdrewbles323,704
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 17:04
    We're weeks away from Black Friday week sale, then Cyber Monday sale and then Christmas. I did really love the Christmas sales in the early days of the 360, it was like 12 days of Xmas and each day you'd have arcade, dlc and Games on demand on sale, different each day, picked up so many cheap games during that time. With a new console coming, they could also do a week long sale in celebration of that. I'd just love to see all the OG, 360 titles and early one titles to be dead cheap, still annoys me devs like Activision still charge like £20 for a COD which was a launch title on the 360, should be charging no more than 2.99 for those by now
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney779,550
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 17:35
    Cincaid said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    Welp, the TA notification I got from this sale says there's 40 items on my wishlist that are discounted sooo I guess it's time to add even more to my backlog roll Might wait until the end of the week to see if they discount the MS Points for Xbox giftcards, but not holding my breath there.
    eayragt said:
    Great sale, 10 items from my wishlist. For those that dismiss it because it's got no AAA games on, dig a little deeper. Probably time for me to bite on The Church in the Darkness.
    Got any tips? Currently I have Graveyard Keeper and Nine Parchments in my basket.
    I've had Nine Parchments for a while but haven't fired it up yet. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm a big indie gamer, so for me personally, I am looking at picking up Crawl, Perception, Adventures of Pip, Haimrik, Blackhole, Die for Valhalla!, and Reverse Crawl. It doesn't seem like Axiom Verge will ever be discounted more than half off, and it's so rarely on sale, so I might finally bite on that one.

As far as games I already own that I can recommend based on having played them or just what I know about them: Shalnor Legends, Riddled Corpses, Anodyne, SteamWorld Dig, Jotun, Sundered, Rogue Legacy, Valley, Zombie Vikings.

Hope that helps!
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,486
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 17:52
    Looks like a pretty good sale. However, with the Black Friday sale coming later this month, I'm hesitant to get any on this one since the Black Friday sale usually has the best discounts.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv687,742
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 17:57
    I Boz l said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    Welp, the TA notification I got from this sale says there's 40 items on my wishlist that are discounted sooo I guess it's time to add even more to my backlog roll Might wait until the end of the week to see if they discount the MS Points for Xbox giftcards, but not holding my breath there.
    Hot Deals on those gift cards have been discontinued, the new system they have is a discounted gift card with an auto redeem function, meaning if you turn on "auto redeem" through the Xbox Rewards app, at the first of each month they'll automatically give you a $10 gift card for 8,750 points instead of the usual 9, 300 points (or regional equivalent, I've seen some users on reddit saying they're getting £5).
    How does it work exactly?
    I mean, can i just set it like the day before the month ends to get a discounted 10 gift card and then turn off the auto redeem?
    Unfortunately, I can't give you a definitive answer to this. I did sign up for auto redeem a couple of days before the next scheduled deposit date and it went through fine. This leads me to believe you should be able to turn it on then off, but I'm keeping auto redeem on for the time being since I buy enough games digitally to make it worthwhile. I'm pretty sure November was the first month we got to make use of the promotion, so time will tell on that.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • eayragteayragt236,676
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 18:49
    Cincaid said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    eayragt said:
    Great sale, 10 items from my wishlist. For those that dismiss it because it's got no AAA games on, dig a little deeper. Probably time for me to bite on The Church in the Darkness.
    Got any tips? Currently I have Graveyard Keeper and Nine Parchments in my basket.
    Fell Seal for JRPG
    The Church in the Darkness for a stealthy story (which differs game to game)
    Slay the Spire if you haven't got Games Pass and like deckbuilders
    A Hat in Time for a platformer
    Rogue Legacy for a Platformer I bought many years ago but haven't played...
    Wargroove for a strategy game

I have only played Slay the Spire though...
    Say everything with a smile
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz692,552
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 19:45
    Vanstrom336 said:
    Might need to finally grab The Bradwell Conspiracy. Love a good puzzle game every now and then.
    Thanks for this suggestion, I'd never seen that game before and it looks great!
  • CincaidCincaid245,360
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 21:16
    Paw McCatney said:
    Cincaid said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    eayragt said:
    I've had Nine Parchments for a while but haven't fired it up yet. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm a big indie gamer, so for me personally, I am looking at picking up Crawl, Perception, Adventures of Pip, Haimrik, Blackhole, Die for Valhalla!, and Reverse Crawl. It doesn't seem like Axiom Verge will ever be discounted more than half off, and it's so rarely on sale, so I might finally bite on that one.

As far as games I already own that I can recommend based on having played them or just what I know about them: Shalnor Legends, Riddled Corpses, Anodyne, SteamWorld Dig, Jotun, Sundered, Rogue Legacy, Valley, Zombie Vikings.

Hope that helps!
    eayragt said:
    Cincaid said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    eayragt said:
    Fell Seal for JRPG
    The Church in the Darkness for a stealthy story (which differs game to game)
    Slay the Spire if you haven't got Games Pass and like deckbuilders
    A Hat in Time for a platformer
    Rogue Legacy for a Platformer I bought many years ago but haven't played...
    Wargroove for a strategy game

I have only played Slay the Spire though...
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Posted on 04 November 20 at 23:35
    I highly recommend Lost Ember if you like heavy story games, really pretty as well
  • Posted on 09 November 20 at 01:38, Edited on 09 November 20 at 01:39 by MattiasAnderson
    Wrong info for the marketplace for adventures of pip.

That game does not show up on swedish marketplace but it does for Ireland. So when it says Europe it does not apply to sweden. So I could not buy this game now on this sale.
    Magic
  • Van DammageVan Dammage1,468,608
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 07:47, Edited on 09 November 20 at 07:49 by Van Dammage
    MattiasAnderson said:
    Wrong info for the marketplace for adventures of pip.

That game does not show up on swedish marketplace but it does for Ireland. So when it says Europe it does not apply to sweden. So I could not buy this game now on this sale.
    You can. You can buy within EU from any country with any payment method.

For this game Hungary is the cheapest one in EU so you should buy it from there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.