Game Discussion: Cold Silence

Achievement List Completely Updated.

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 November 20 at 02:39
    Achievement list has completely changed now!
    Looks to be ALOT More easier then the original list.
  • Inferno118Inferno1182,929,415
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 02:40
    Oh fuck me
  • ThreeManager6ThreeManager63,336,683
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 04:03
    Xitilon has jumped on the Ratalaika bandwagon and has gone back to all their old titles to simplify their lists and include cheat codes to basically give away their achievements.

Even moreso than with the Rat, Xitilon is at this point pretty much just selling gamerscore.

They have already admitted that these changes have increased sales for their entire lineup.
  • Inferno118Inferno1182,929,415
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 12:55
    Guess I’m on the unlucky end of the stick for once. Those guides took me hours and I’ll probably have to remove them all now that the requirements changed (though it doesn’t seem to have updated yet
  • Posted on 03 November 20 at 14:10
    Oh Yeah 😎🔥👀 You guys already know I'm dropping the video soon! It took "A LOT" of convincing to get them to update these achievements lol
  • Skeptical MarioSkeptical Mario1,101,364
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 14:38
    Cheevo Guides said:
    Oh Yeah 😎🔥👀 You guys already know I'm dropping the video soon! It took "A LOT" of convincing to get them to update these achievements lol
    You have done the community a disservice. Achievements should not all be easy.
  • WhtthfggWhtthfgg1,385,688
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 14:52
    Skeptical Mario said:
    Cheevo Guides said:
    You have done the community a disservice. Achievements should not all be easy.
    Who is asking this to be done. You are annoying the shit out of people that think most of this stuff should be left alone. People have worked hard to complete some of these games and it is an accomplishment for them. Also you are having a tendency to screw people over in GTASC. Difficulty is devalued as it is, you are just making things worse.

Are there some games that have an absolutely asinine list and maybe an achievement or two are just dumb, sure, but what you are doing is making games absolutely pointless.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,343,953
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:02
    Cheevo Guides said:
    Have you ever considered using your powers for good by getting broken achievements fixed, instead of for evil by making lists more worthless than Rats?
    Mentally pudding
  • RetroChief1969RetroChief19691,101,043
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:10
    Cheevo Guides said:
    If you would expend that effort on getting publishers to fix their broken achievements instead of convincing them to make 1000 point giveaways, I'd certainly appreciate it. This just devalues the achievements for everyone that actually worked for them.
  • RED047RED0471,962,911
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:12
    I mean if you think the achievements are too easy, then you don't have play them lol
  • Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:18, Edited on 03 November 20 at 17:01 by Elite1111111111
    You have every right NOT to buy a game with easy achievements if you feel it is wasting money. You also have the right to purchase the game if you want the Easy 1000g. I believe it is as simple as that😎

The Dev has every right to update their game if they realize achievements effect sales. Cold Silence sold less than 500 copies on Xbox One. The devs sales should raise 30-40% after this update. You can't hate on that. I want these devs to make money for their hard work💯 selling less than 500 copies of a $5 game isn't helping this dev live off of his talents.

If you feel like you are losing ground to people because they are catching up to you with these easy 1000gs. Then you have every right to boost with those same games.

For me, I play grindy games here and there. But I like to mix in Easy 1000gs to make up for lost time🏆

Mod Edit: Removed baity comment.
  • MeetTheCynicMeetTheCynic460,610
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:19, Edited on 03 November 20 at 15:27 by MeetTheCynic
    I am definitely in the camp of “if you don’t like it, don’t play it” when it comes to easy achievement games.

Personally, I enjoy a few easy completions in between longer games to keep my gamerscore going up.

However, retroactively changing the achievements is a bit of a bummer for those that earned them previously. I am all for publishers releasing new games with easy achievements, but can see why people take issue with the retroactive updates.

I do appreciate all the work Cheevo Guides does in pumping out guides tho. Will be using some this weekend for sure smile
  • GamerZz vIGamerZz vI1,241,335
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:22, Edited on 03 November 20 at 17:25 by Elite1111111111
    RED047 said:
    I mean if you think the achievements are too easy, then you don't have play them lol
    I agree with the post above... simply if you think the achievements are too easy as RED047 said... don’t bloody play them... don’t make a huge discussion about how it’s someone’s fault you wanna go the long way round. It’s petty and childish. I myself played The Sims 4 many many months ago... before the exploit came around ... which shortened The Sims 4 to like 20 minutes... for achievements... I put hours into it to get the achievements but am I going to make a big deal because I was wasting so much RNG luck on getting the triple play achievement? No. Because even if someone gets the achievements easier than I do... I don’t care because it’s not bothering me... if it’s bothering you that much you shouldn’t play Xbox.

Mod Edit: Removed baity comment.
  • RED047RED0471,962,911
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:29
    I was happy about the sims one, I bought the game with my girlfriend with no intention of playing the game until the method came out, I just find it frustrating when people get upset about, most of the "easy" 360 games people have done back in the day are hard to find. I didn't do King king, on amazon the game is $60 - $90 lol I get wanting to do easy games, But before the past year I so I use to work on a farm 70-80 hours a week, before this year I had about 250,000G. Look where I'm at now, I got 270,000 just this year by playing the easy games coming out, old ones that went on sale, and games I enjoyed.
  • Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:30
    If you don't like easy achievements why are you replying move on lol
  • GamerZz vIGamerZz vI1,241,335
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:34
    The Dazanator said:
    If you don't like easy achievements why are you replying move on lol
    TRUE THIS ^
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,546,817
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:38, Edited on 03 November 20 at 17:08 by Elite1111111111
    It seems that people are confusing "don't like easy games" with "don't like games that have been released for over a year getting changed to make them trivially easy". They aren't the same thing.

Mod Edit: Removed response to previous edited comment.
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,343,953
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:41, Edited on 03 November 20 at 17:08 by Elite1111111111
    Cheevo Guides said:
    If you feel like you are losing ground to people because they are catching up to you with these easy 1000gs. Then you have every right to boost with those same games.
    Not a single person here is concerned about people catching up. It's not even about easy game. Rats, EAS games, whatever, we don't have issues with those. There's just way better things to do with your achievement-changing efforts than to take existing games and devalue them, and the work people have put into the games and the guides for them.

Mod Edit: Removed response to previous edited comment.
    Mentally pudding
  • Throni360Throni3601,981,197
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 15:55
    I'll buy the game now.
  • CjhCarter vLCjhCarter vL1,058,761
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 16:01
    This is disappointing to hear coming from one of the 3 people on TA who has completed this (was a rather hard completion btw), but I can't say I didn't see it coming. Just make every game require no effort to complete, very fun :^)
This thread has been locked by Elite1111111111