Game Discussion: Cold Silence

Achievement List Completely Updated.

• DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord2,198,112
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 00:48
    Saurvivalist said:
    My 2 cents, this was for views and nothing more, not "helping the community". Aside from that posting this forum to your Twitter in an attempt to get people over here to start drama honestly deserves the forum ban. Such a shitty way to use a following.
    +1
    DubstepEdgelord
  • planting42planting421,986,981
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 00:49, Edited on 04 November 20 at 00:50 by planting42
    Kexol said:
    Now I'm curious, how hard were these achievements pre-patch?
    3 previous completions iirc. It was very difficult. Many folks invested quite some hours into crafting guides for it and making progress.
  • Inferno118Inferno1183,076,787
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 01:42
    A couple of the achievements were very difficult, like a 8/10. The rest was hard just to figure out because there were no guides. Classic metroidvania so mostly repetition and mastering of the controls. Wasn’t too bad
  • PsymonPsymon879,352
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 02:49
    The occasional long or hard game is okay, but most of the time I'm not looking for a challenge. I'll pick this up now. Thank you for getting these games updated.
  • lI Majora IllI Majora Il1,622,864
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 02:57
    This updated achievement list is pathetic and a complete slap in the face to the effort I put into completing it first. Absolutely disappointing.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,917,246
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 03:21
    lI Majora Il said:
    This updated achievement list is pathetic and a complete slap in the face to the effort I put into completing it first. Absolutely disappointing.
    Feel for you man.

After browsing around, seems the dev has been encouraged to put 1000g dlc’s out for each game which are equally as easy, once they’ve updated the other achievement lists in their catalogues.
  • lI Majora IllI Majora Il1,622,864
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 03:29
    Lavindathar said:
    lI Majora Il said:
    Feel for you man.

After browsing around, seems the dev has been encouraged to put 1000g dlc’s out for each game which are equally as easy, once they’ve updated the other achievement lists in their catalogues.
    Their next release, which I was looking forward to given that I was in total support of the dev, is sig.NULL. It comes out on the 11th I believe. Early access copies were given out and people already have it completed so you're definitely not wrong.

I can't even really put into words how disappointing this change is from my point of view. I'm all for easy lists and definitely don't mind playing a <1hr game. Seeing a game I played for days over my holiday break last year to completion get finished in 25 minutes is nauseating.
  • CjhCarterCjhCarter1,200,615
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 03:33
    lI Majora Il said:
    Lavindathar said:
    lI Majora Il said:
    Feel for you man.

Their next release, which I was looking forward to given that I was in total support of the dev, is sig.NULL. It comes out on the 11th I believe. Early access copies were given out and people already have it completed so you're definitely not wrong.

I can't even really put into words how disappointing this change is from my point of view. I'm all for easy lists and definitely don't mind playing a <1hr game. Seeing a game I played for days over my holiday break last year to completion get finished in 25 minutes is nauseating.
    You're not the only one. And yeah, just to reiterate easy and short games are fine - but altering skill-based achievements a year after the game's release date is an entirely different story, especially after people (like us) worked hard for the completion. Just imagine a prestigious completion like Cloudberry Kingdom randomly getting a patch that helps you unlock all achievements in 10 minutes laugh

Really hope that doesn't become the norm with basically every single game.
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 04:20, Edited on 04 November 20 at 04:22 by Lavindathar
    CjhCarter vL said:
    lI Majora Il said:
    Lavindathar said:
    lI Majora Il said:
    Feel for you man.

You're not the only one. And yeah, just to reiterate easy and short games are fine - but altering skill-based achievements a year after the game's release date is an entirely different story, especially after people (like us) worked hard for the completion. Just imagine a prestigious completion like Cloudberry Kingdom randomly getting a patch that helps you unlock all achievements in 10 minutes laugh

Really hope that doesn't become the norm with basically every single game.
    Tbh, if it did, it would save me money. I’d stop playing the fast ones, as no one would care about GS (not many do now anyway). I’d just play the big hard games or ones I like lol.
  • IcefiretnIcefiretn1,448,433
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 04:24
    I enjoyed this game for playing through the whole thing and figuring it out as I went along. Sadly, no one is going to experience the game as it is now, might as well have just made 1/4 of the game and sold that with easy achieves. Again, I agree with others here, Rata and others I get, your next game, sure go for it! But every achievement almost a year later? That's just a terrible practice. I won't purchase any other games from this developer, which sure may not matter to them, but one less fan for the actual core gameplay.
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 04:44
    Someone should actually tweet the dev this thread, if they have a Twitter.

General consensus here on an achievement site (albeit just this one thread) is that the majority don’t like this change.
  • Goku BlackGoku Black2,680,912
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 04:48
    Lavindathar said:
    Someone should actually tweet the dev this thread, if they have a Twitter.

General consensus here on an achievement site (albeit just this one thread) is that the majority don’t like this change.
    False! Look at the increase of people completing/buying the game versus the few guys crying about achievements getting too easy.
  • Seamus McLimeySeamus McLimey1,051,570
  • IcefiretnIcefiretn1,448,433
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 05:19
    I love how it's (mostly) the people who are defending the change that are insulting everyone else, while the rest are keeping it civil. Keep it classy guys and gals ;)
  • Goku BlackGoku Black2,680,912
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 05:59
    Icefiretn said:
    I love how it's (mostly) the people who are defending the change that are insulting everyone else, while the rest are keeping it civil. Keep it classy guys and gals ;)
    clapwavemusic
  • Posted on 04 November 20 at 08:20
    Throni360 said:
    GRAND NOBLE said:
    So it's a win for the devs IMO.
    That's why they changed the list. Low player cound and high TA score is almost always a bad sign. I don't dislike hard games but you know how it is. There's a reason why almost everybody passes on a $5 game. Now more people will experience it.
    laughlaughlaugh

Let's not kid ourselves about the motivation, here. The dev has just made a lot of people's favourite form of heroin much cheaper in terms of time. This has nothing to do with game experience, it's about reshaping the product to appeal more directly to GS addicts.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman774,301,278
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 09:08, Edited on 04 November 20 at 09:27 by Tendoman77
    Add me to the bandwagon of those who got completely slapped in the face with these fully pointless cheevo list updates, cause I agree with those who did Cold Silence the hard way.

If the Cheevo Guides guy really is the main reason Xitilon is doing this with all their games then he should be absolutely ashamed of himself. I 1k'ed Nexoria, Castle of No Escape 2 (both medium difficulty imo cept for one real hard cheevo in the latter) and Dark Grim Mariupolis (which itself was already a easy 1-2 hour completion before the change this past day), all Xitilon games I finished literally between 1-5 days before their cheevo lists got updated in big slap-in-the-face ways.

Just giving my own two cents here. Much as I like easy gamerscore myself I rather it be games that have such lists from the very beginning, not because of one man's selfish desires for super short completions that he felt like persuading devs into changing their lists a long while after release.
  • FoogaFooga2,227,607
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 09:11, Edited on 04 November 20 at 09:28 by Fooga
    planting42 said:
    Cheevo Guides said:
    Oh Yeah 😎🔥👀 You guys already know I'm dropping the video soon! It took "A LOT" of convincing to get them to update these achievements lol
    This to me is a problem. Not that the game was altered to make it easier. No, more that someone thought this needed to be done in the first place. Begging a dev to make a game easier? Seriously? As others said, spend that time for the good of the community - fixing broken achievements. What in the end is more important?
    I mean, it seems pretty straight forward to me. He tells them to reduce the difficulty on their achievements, and they get more sales along with free promotion from his achievement guide which gets him views/revenue.

I think situations like this are more eye opening on the fact that numerous high-end development studios go on about they can't fix achievements, and then these indies are able to do it on a dime, so I do agree with you in that regard. We should definitely be campaigning for more fixes
  • Mephisto4thewinMephisto4thewin2,972,417
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 09:36
    this happened to me with Surviving Mars did the whole X1 version legit before the mods were available. So I understand why people are upset. Problem is it has now been shown to increase sales so this will be far more common going forward. Not sure how I feel about these games getting free updates with another 1000g. If anything deserves more gamerscore it should be AAA titles not $5 Indies.
  • KanemanKaneman359,144
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 10:17
    I'm with all the people who say this change is bad. I bought this game previously for my backlog and this change gives me 0 incentive to play it now. The change has done a huge disservice to the game. Achievements should be there to encourage people to play the game in its entirety, not to "promote sales".
This thread has been locked by Elite1111111111