Game Discussion: Cold Silence

Achievement List Completely Updated.

• geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,638,622
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 18:46
    Sasha 1000000% missing the whole point there a great many times in one thread.
    It's not about difficulty. It's nothing close to that. It's about some little kid begging devs to change shit with promises of riches. (most likely to flesh out their channel and get more ad revenue aswell)

People don't need to be told for the millionth time that they can play how they want. Believe it or not most of us aren't dumb.

The developer has all the rights to change it. Minimal people moaning about that.
    Everyone but the cheevoclan seem to be pissed off at Cheevo Guides attitude about the entire thing though.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,506,180
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 18:48, Edited on 04 November 20 at 18:49 by Sashamorning
    geordiedeviant said:
    Sasha 1000000% missing the whole point there a great many times in one thread.
    It's not about difficulty. It's nothing close to that. It's about some little kid begging devs to change shit with promises of riches. (most likely to flesh out their channel and get more ad revenue aswell)

People don't need to be told for the millionth time that they can play how they want. Believe it or not most of us aren't dumb.

The developer has all the rights to change it. Minimal people moaning about that.
    Everyone but the cheevoclan seem to be pissed off at Cheevo Guides attitude about the entire thing though.
    Dev changed their game. Dev didn't have to change their game, no matter how much someone asked them.

Seems like your problem isn't with Cheevo Guides. Your issue is with the dev. You're just dancing around it.

Like I said elsewhere, CG is doing what the site is promoting: finding ways to get achievements.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm578,267
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 18:51, Edited on 04 November 20 at 18:54 by Allgorhythm
    Just out of curiosity, what happens when one of the players who completed the game, replays it?

Edited: Let me answer my own question. Take an achievement like Pantomime

Old:
    On "easy", run from chapter 1 to the end. No damage. No heals

New:
    On "easy", reach CHAPTER 2. No damage. No heals

XBox Live thinks they're the same achievement but the conditions to unlock have changed.
  • Mr ChaotixMr Chaotix1,222,398
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 18:59
    Sashamorning said:
    Mr Chaotix said:
    Cheevo Guides said:
    I want these devs to make money for their hard work💯 selling less than 500 copies of a $5 game isn't helping this dev live off of his talents.
    This guy acting like he doesn't get commissions through the nice affiliate link on all these exclusive Xitilon updated video guides. Aren't you supposed to disclose that? Sneaky sneaky, seems like Cheevo Guides is up to no good :)
    What should he have to disclose? Do you know he's making money off of it? This isn't a review, he's not trying to get you to buy it by hyping how good it is, he's saying how easy it is... and it IS easy. He proves it through his videos.

Dude is helping the community. You don't like it? Don't use the guides. But stop trying to shame him. What he's doing is the epitome of what TA is all about.
    It would appear that he uses affiliate links in each video, and he always makes it a point to mention that there's a link to buy the game in the description. If you're subscribed to his channel and a new video pops up telling you about a new cheap 5 minute completion, you're probably already interested enough to click on the video and then you see the quickest way to make that purchase is through the link in his description. If you buy it through his affiliate link and he makes money from it... Then yeah, he needs to disclose that.

If I'm wrong, and those aren't affiliate links, then I'll take back my comment that Cheevo Guides is sneaky sneaky lol, but let's not pretend like everyone who makes achievement guides is doing it solely for the community.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,506,180
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 19:17
    Mr Chaotix said:
    let's not pretend like everyone who makes achievement guides is doing it solely for the community.
    He's not the only one who does that. Not naming names, because there's nothing wrong with it.

Maybe I should have monetized some of the 1,477 solutions I've made for TA. Feel kinda like a sucker, now that I think about it.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • A1exRDA1exRD792,015
    Posted on 04 November 20 at 19:34
    Sashamorning said:
    Mr Chaotix said:
    This guy acting like he doesn't get commissions through the nice affiliate link on all these exclusive Xitilon updated video guides. Aren't you supposed to disclose that?
    What should he have to disclose? Do you know he's making money off of it? [...]

He's not the only one who does that. Not naming names, because there's nothing wrong with it.
    Affiliate link disclosure is a legal requirement in the US (courtesy of the FCC), and Cheevo Guides is a US gamer.

I don't know whether he uses affiliate links, and I don't know whether he discloses them, so I'm not going to comment on Cheevo Guides himself

But Sasha, yes there is something wrong with breaking the law, and there's also something wrong with encouraging others to break it.

Please stop encouraging criminal activity on these forums.
  • Posted on 04 November 20 at 19:54
    Alrighty, I think this thread has kinda lost its way at some point. Had some reports when it first went up and cleaned it up, but it doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

Locking it up.
This thread has been locked by Elite1111111111