The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: November 10th, 2020

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead589,462
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 08:35, Edited on 10 November 20 at 08:36 by HolyHalfDead
    REDWINGS05 said:
    This post has nothing to do with the sale but Gears of War 4 is finally fixed for those skins needed for the achievements! Get to crafting everyone!
    Thanks, crafted one skin and got the achievement. They also said they won't be issuing any more bans in Gears 4, but this be the last achievement I can get in the game as they haven't lifted my ban from 2 years ago for getting enough people together to search at the same time to start a ranked match.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,274,540
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 08:40
    Boring
  • Posted on 10 November 20 at 09:55
    Reckon I’ll post it here for anyone interested: there’s two Japan exclusive games on sale right now, Death Mark (死印) for 80% off (¥1252) and Yomi wo Saku Hana (黄泉ヲ裂ク華) for 20% off (¥6240). First time I’ve seen either on sale.
    ???????!
  • shrimper77shrimper77760,298
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 12:42
    There seems to be a 1 day sale on as well in addition to these. Not loads in it but I’ve just got The Warlords of New York expansion for The Division 2 at 70% off and the Deluxe edition of Warhammer Chaosbane also at 70% off
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,172,214
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 13:09
    Maybe there will be a week when Assassin's Creed games are NOT on sale
    Too much work, not enough games
  • torrens7760torrens7760137,097
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 13:13
    Wait, I'm sorry, HOW much is Valhalla?! £91.99?!
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • DiesskayDiesskay703,315
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 14:06
    I thought we were Nov 10, happy to find new games on sale then I realized I woke up last month when the same sale was on. I lost track of time.
  • Kyl3RuthKyl3Ruth307,413
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 14:55
    Why isn’t Spyro Reignited Trilogy ever on sale anymore? Or Crash Team Racing? Can’t find Spyro anywhere for $20 other than when on sale digitally. Been waiting a month and I guess not this week. Maybe on the Black Friday sale it will be back.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,835
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 19:15
    I was expecting Watch Dogs: Legion to be on sale for .99 USD.
  • Posted on 10 November 20 at 23:43
    FailedSeppuku said:
    Xuan Yuan looked cool and even has a TA walkthrough, however said walkthrough says not to bother as the game is awful, saved me £3
    Was a super fun game and I dare say almost as good as ffx-2!
  • lotusfroglotusfrog210,321
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 02:50
    HolyHalfDead said:
    lotusfrog said:
    The straight forward standard version of Valhalla doesn't seem to be available in Australia (the other day it was priced at $99 but is gone now). We only have access to the Gold one for $140 or the extra special one on special for $170 ....
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/x/9n91xstfchrq AU$99.95
    I went in yesterday from the link given in the Rewards app and it worked. Not sure why it was missing for a while. It's still expensive though...
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 03:45, Edited on 11 November 20 at 03:48 by HolyHalfDead
    lotusfrog said:
    It's still expensive though...
    ?

I've not seen a cheaper new release game than Valhalla in over 10 years. For example it is $10 cheaper than Cyberpunk, and $20 cheaper than Cold War.

Plus games are cheaper in Australia than New Zealand, UK, Europe, pretty much everywhere except the US. But if you mean compared to the US price of Origins or Odyssey, or any other old game, then yes, new release games outside the US are expensive.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom320,028
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 11:53
    PrimeBigTime said:
    So every Assassin's Creed game is on sale except the Ezio Collection? What a crock.
    It was on the sale in the beginning of September for $12
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom320,028
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 12:18
    緑眼のイアン#9349 said:
    Reckon I’ll post it here for anyone interested: there’s two Japan exclusive games on sale right now, Death Mark (死印) for 80% off (¥1252) and Yomi wo Saku Hana (黄泉ヲ裂ク華) for 20% off (¥6240). First time I’ve seen either on sale.
    How do you access the japan store?
  • lotusfroglotusfrog210,321
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 23:00
    HolyHalfDead said:
    lotusfrog said:
    It's still expensive though...
    ?

I've not seen a cheaper new release game than Valhalla in over 10 years. For example it is $10 cheaper than Cyberpunk, and $20 cheaper than Cold War.

Plus games are cheaper in Australia than New Zealand, UK, Europe, pretty much everywhere except the US. But if you mean compared to the US price of Origins or Odyssey, or any other old game, then yes, new release games outside the US are expensive.
    Where are you getting your information from? Go onto the Valhalla page on this site and check the 'Price' tab and it shows U.S. U.K. Europe, Canada, Aust and Brazil and only Brazil was more expensive (like wtf!). NZ isn't there but they're always more than Australia anyway.
  • Lily Mu RBLily Mu RB484,079
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 02:24
    Is no one going to talk about the current one-day only sale going on? I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider DE!!
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 03:03, Edited on 12 November 20 at 06:42 by HolyHalfDead
    lotusfrog said:
    Where are you getting your information from? Go onto the Valhalla page on this site and check the 'Price' tab and it shows U.S. U.K. Europe, Canada, Aust and Brazil and only Brazil was more expensive (like wtf!). NZ isn't there but they're always more than Australia anyway.
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla

You cannot directly compare the numbers listed as the prices to determine which is the most expensive. Sure, $99.95 is a bigger number than £59.99, but that isn't how currency works.

You need to use a currency converter, such as http://xe.com

These are the prices of Valhalla, when all converted to Australian dollars.

United States (at 10% tax) $90.58 AUD (AUstralian Dollar)
    Australia $99.95 AUD
    New Zealand $104.05 AUD
    United Kingdom $108.83 AUD
    Europe $113.18 AUD

And even though Brazil looks like the most expensive at R279.95, that works out at just $71.26 AUD. What you have to take into account is minimum wage in Australia is $19.84 AUD per hour (one of the highest in the world) - so after a days work anyone has earned enough money to buy a game, whereas minimum wage in Brazil is R880 - which means some people have to work for more than a week to buy a game.
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0293,620
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 04:10, Edited on 12 November 20 at 05:39 by Iceman2pnt0
    Lily Mu RB said:
    Is no one going to talk about the current one-day only sale going on? I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider DE!!
    What's up with this 1 day flash sale? I'm seeing things like Rayman Legends and Child of light that don't show a sale price at all, yet are still listed with the others. Then there's Quantum Break and Killer Instinct Definitive Edition, which are on the sale page, but when you open the page for them, it says 'not currently available'...you can't purchase them. Very weird things going on in this sale, I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug with the recent launch of the series x or what.
    We meet again, Trebek.
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 06:31, Edited on 12 November 20 at 06:32 by HolyHalfDead
    Lily Mu RB said:
    I've come out of retirement for this, as TA did not cover it - HolyHalfDead's blog post - Singles Day Sale
  • Posted on 12 November 20 at 08:14
    Romancing Saga 3 is on sale (60% off)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.