Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Series X|S: Every optimised day one release

• Posted on 11 November 20 at 11:30
    Lavindathar said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    Where can I find a list of games that are only playable on Series X/S and have their own achievement lists? Not talking about the ones that share the same lists as Xbox One. Like for example NBA 2K21 has it's own list on Series X/S.

What's the point of having this https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-series-x/games

If this is the same thing when you add the Series X/S filter Full Games List
    Looks like its on the right side of your first link under the title : Latest Xbox Series X|S Achievement Lists

There appears to be 6 games.

Bright Memory
    Devil May Cry 5 SE
    NBA 2k21
    Observer: System Redux
    Overcooked All You Can Eat
    Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
    Thank you!

This is exactly why I'm not 100% happy with my Series X purchase. I got it today and I feel stupid playing old games, maybe it's just me. I don't even have a TV good enough to run all the top settings. It feels like just like when I bought Xbox One X Scorpio Edition, just faster load times. When I got my Xbox One on day one I was happy with Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. Sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting but it feels kind of dirty. roll
    Without judging, it seems kinda silly you expect anything else if you don’t have a good TV. The only way you’re gonna get the benefit is if the tv can output what the series x is producing.
    I just wish there was more games. I can get a new TV but I'm waiting until the new ASUS ROG HMDI 2.1 monitors (or something similar) come out.
  • Team BretherTeam Brether1,279,944
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 11:47
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    Lavindathar said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    Where can I find a list of games that are only playable on Series X/S and have their own achievement lists? Not talking about the ones that share the same lists as Xbox One. Like for example NBA 2K21 has it's own list on Series X/S.

What's the point of having this https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-series-x/games

Looks like its on the right side of your first link under the title : Latest Xbox Series X|S Achievement Lists

Bright Memory
    Devil May Cry 5 SE
    NBA 2k21
    Thank you!

This is exactly why I'm not 100% happy with my Series X purchase. I got it today and I feel stupid playing old games, maybe it's just me. I don't even have a TV good enough to run all the top settings. It feels like just like when I bought Xbox One X Scorpio Edition, just faster load times. When I got my Xbox One on day one I was happy with Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. Sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting but it feels kind of dirty. roll
    Without judging, it seems kinda silly you expect anything else if you don’t have a good TV. The only way you’re gonna get the benefit is if the tv can output what the series x is producing.
    I just wish there was more games. I can get a new TV but I'm waiting until the new ASUS ROG HMDI 2.1 monitors (or something similar) come out.
    Doesn't matter how many games there is without a 4k tv , sorry
  • Posted on 11 November 20 at 11:59
    Team Brether said:
    Doesn't matter how many games there is without a 4k tv , sorry
    I have a 4K TV which is good enough for now, it's just not HDMI 2.1, etc. laugh
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42670,002
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 12:06
    Xbox Game Pass tweeted this list of optimized XGP games.
  • SkarviTSkarviT198,933
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 13:06
    The helmet in Bright Memory reminds me of Halo.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,035,392
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 13:40
    or never having played Fortnite at all… which seems unlikely
    wave
  • C0LOURMEGREYC0LOURMEGREY507,547
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 14:41
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:

Bright Memory
    Devil May Cry 5 SE
    NBA 2k21
    Thank you!

There are other new releases that will also look/play/perform better though even without spending £1300+ on a new tv, Not just "Old Games" . Sure people can also play them on the older machines but you will have the best version of it. Is there a glut of new, must have exclusives? No. Does getting into a race in Forza horizon 4 in less than a minute from turning the console on and getting to a fast travel place in 2 seconds make a huge difference to your playing experience? To me it does
  • Posted on 11 November 20 at 15:18
    Mark Farley said:
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    Might be worth mentioning the size of these games now too. Gears 5 is 136gb after the upgrade, DBD is over 50gb. Only two ive upgraded so far.

Large updates as expected
    My Gears 5 is installed at 71GB. I've played it as well and it shows the X/S symbol on my game list.
    Very interesting. My gears is 136.5 gb after the upgrade yesterday. It took foreverrrrrrrrrrr to download. MBPS was all over the place yesterday
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley712,839
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 15:49
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    Mark Farley said:
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    Might be worth mentioning the size of these games now too. Gears 5 is 136gb after the upgrade, DBD is over 50gb. Only two ive upgraded so far.

My Gears 5 is installed at 71GB. I've played it as well and it shows the X/S symbol on my game list.
    Very interesting. My gears is 136.5 gb after the upgrade yesterday. It took foreverrrrrrrrrrr to download. MBPS was all over the place yesterday
    Thats weird. I wonder if I'm not getting the update? I thought it was automatic?

Is there anywhere to check on actual download sizes for each console?
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
  • ICE Faux PirateICE Faux Pirate1,166,060
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 15:56
    Thanks for this article!
    Walk the plank Rebel scum!
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,547,351
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 16:58
    C0LOURMEGREY said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:

Bright Memory
    Devil May Cry 5 SE
    NBA 2k21
    Thank you!

There are other new releases that will also look/play/perform better though even without spending £1300+ on a new tv, Not just "Old Games" . Sure people can also play them on the older machines but you will have the best version of it. Is there a glut of new, must have exclusives? No. Does getting into a race in Forza horizon 4 in less than a minute from turning the console on and getting to a fast travel place in 2 seconds make a huge difference to your playing experience? To me it does
    I do have to agree that the launch lineup could be better. They definitely went more for marketing the features of the console this time than the game lineup. I feel like this time it's more a feeling of upgrading your computer to a gaming rig than this feeling like a new console with a new library of games. It's missing like that one big release that is usually attached to most console releases.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn326,810
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 17:17, Edited on 11 November 20 at 17:44 by psybOltOn
    Downloading Borderlands 3 upgrade now, 61.66 GB. The game already played nice on One X, looking forward to see the difference (and the shorter loading time!)

Edit: I might be also mistaken but BL3 offered 4k or targeted 60FPS on One X, not 1080p

Edit2: Claptrap manages to cross the screen only 1.5 times. No loading bar :)
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,909,725
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 17:41
    psybOltOn said:
    Downloading Borderlands 3 upgrade now, 61.66 GB. The game already played nice on One X, looking forward to see the difference (and the shorter loading time!)

Edit: I might be also mistaken but BL3 offered 4k or targeted 60FPS on One X, not 1080p
    It was 4k 30 FPS or 1080p 60fps.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn326,810
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 17:47
    Lavindathar said:
    psybOltOn said:

It was 4k 30 FPS or 1080p 60fps.
    Yep, that's what I've meant. The article says 1080p OR 60 fps
  • EveryBaseEveryBase399,451
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 18:29
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    Mark Farley said:
    BushidoBrown305 said:

Check and make sure its not both versions installed iv read reports of that happening. That the game updates to the XSX version but keeps the One version too. Sounds like thats what happened to you.
  • KAW 24KAW 24341,347
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 18:31
    Mark Farley said:
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    Mark Farley said:
    Thats weird. I wonder if I'm not getting the update? I thought it was automatic?

Is there anywhere to check on actual download sizes for each console?
    Given the difference in installed sizes, how did you both install Gears 5? Was is a fresh install or did you transfer the game via an external drive? Maybe the 136GB has the XB1 assets as well as the XSX assets. Is it listed under 'Shrinkable games' in 'My games & apps'? Also, I'm not sure what happens if the game is on an external drive when it gets an XSX update. The updated game will need to be played off the internal drive so does it move it automatically or does it leave the unoptimised version on the external drive?
  • Posted on 11 November 20 at 19:04, Edited on 11 November 20 at 19:21 by BushidoBrown305
    KAW 24 said:
    Given the difference in installed sizes, how did you both install Gears 5? Was is a fresh install or did you transfer the game via an external drive? Maybe the 136GB has the XB1 assets as well as the XSX assets. Is it listed under 'Shrinkable games' in 'My games & apps'? Also, I'm not sure what happens if the game is on an external drive when it gets an XSX update. The updated game will need to be played off the internal drive so does it move it automatically or does it leave the unoptimised version on the external drive?
    For me I transferred it over from an external and then deleted it off said external. Then went ahead and upgraded it after that.

That’s a good assumption about both assets. I’ll check shortly if it’s shrinkable

SheBeatsYou said:
    Check and make sure its not both versions installed iv read reports of that happening. That the game updates to the XSX version but keeps the One version too. Sounds like thats what happened to you.
    Very well could be what happened. That’s annoying lol.
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley712,839
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 21:52
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    KAW 24 said:
    For me I transferred it over from an external and then deleted it off said external. Then went ahead and upgraded it after that.

That’s a good assumption about both assets. I’ll check shortly if it’s shrinkable

SheBeatsYou said:
    Very well could be what happened. That’s annoying lol.
    Mine was a fresh install. I presume mine is ok judging on possible duplicates.
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz918,437
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 07:38
    So it's not true what quite a few people told me that almost any game gets a performance boost on XSX|XSS even a few BC titles? Not talking about visuals/resolution just framerate here. They have to be 'manually' optimized by devs/MS like with the One X Enhanced programme?
    I was hoping to play quite a few older games with a decent framerate now...
  • The Manic MooseThe Manic Moose1,020,348
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 09:32
    LeXXuz said:
    So it's not true what quite a few people told me that almost any game gets a performance boost on XSX|XSS even a few BC titles? Not talking about visuals/resolution just framerate here. They have to be 'manually' optimized by devs/MS like with the One X Enhanced programme?
    I was hoping to play quite a few older games with a decent framerate now...
    the majority of games are better, but some games were created with a locked frame rate. I watched a video online and I think it was Just Cause 4 which still wasn't perfect due to the restriction when the developer made it.
This thread has been locked by ManicMetalhead