Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Series X|S: Every optimised day one release

  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,307,995
    Posted on 14 November 20 at 15:08
    KAW 24 said:
    MathGuy42 said:
    There's been some discussion of Shrinkable Games (under My Games & Apps -> Manage -> Free Up Space). On my XSX, I see that I can shrink Ori and the Will of the Wisps by 886MB. But when I start to do that, it says "You're about to shrink Ori and the Will of the Wisps. After shrinking, it will be the optimal size for this console. If you upgraded this game in readiness for 4K gaming, shrinking will remove the game's 4K content."

    That last sentence seems rather odd for an XSX. I suppose it just could be standard verbiage that would appear on an OG X1 also. But it sounds like 4K content is going to be deleted.

    Well, just gave it a try. Hopefully I didn't delete something I wanted. No update available, so I suppose I have the best version of Ori for the XSX.
    Yeah, I think that message is misleading. The system should be smart enough to determine you have a 4K console and omit that part of the message. It's aimed at XB1 and XB1S owners who enabled the option to download 4K assets. The idea being if you have games on an external drive then you can plug the drive into a 4K console and not have to download an update, although you will have both 4K and HD assets installed.

    You can use the filter in 'My games & apps' to check the game is still the 4K version. You also used to be able to check the installed assets for a game by holding down the following buttons simultaneously:

    cn_LB+cn_RB+cn_back+cn_start
    I haven't checked it myself in a while but I think it used the internal names for the consoles, e.g. Durango for S assets and Scorpio for X assets, but it may have changed.
    It's the old way, now you can just do cn_start then go to "Files properties" or whatever it's called in english.
  • WyyvernWyyvern611,570
    Posted on 14 November 20 at 19:55
    Gerbasgamer said:
    Wyyvern said:
    No Fallout 4 or Doom Eternal upgrade at launch? Shame that, was looking forward to trying them the most.
    Not sure if already mentioned but Fallout 4 runs at 60FPS instead of 30FPS. It's not a patch though, the emulator does the work (only works for certain games).
    https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1325816726404149251
    Still being worked on. Yep I knew it was only a framerate upgrade, makes a lot of difference regardless.
    Here be dragons.
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL763,525
    Posted on 16 November 20 at 09:39
    NoHeroes94 said:
    The Manic Moose said:
    Has anyone noticed a graphics update on forza horizon 4? I am using the same TV from when I was using an Xbox One X, a LG C9 OLED. It looked great then.

    I'm now playing on the Series X and still looks great but I can't tell much of a difference other than the super quick load times both to boot up and within game. Still a great update but am I just lucky that I have a great TV which optimised my experience before with the One X?
    Huge difference, IMO. Can see the snow reflect beautifully off the ground and better lighting in general. Frame rate too seems so much smoother and menus are significantly snappier. Don't know the model but its a 49" LG OLED w/ 4K.
    Most likely an LG CX 48".

    LG doesn't do 49"with OLED's and only the CX (2020-model) has a 48" variant.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94929,593
    Posted on 16 November 20 at 11:34
    Springbok NL said:
    NoHeroes94 said:
    The Manic Moose said:
    Has anyone noticed a graphics update on forza horizon 4? I am using the same TV from when I was using an Xbox One X, a LG C9 OLED. It looked great then.

    I'm now playing on the Series X and still looks great but I can't tell much of a difference other than the super quick load times both to boot up and within game. Still a great update but am I just lucky that I have a great TV which optimised my experience before with the One X?
    Huge difference, IMO. Can see the snow reflect beautifully off the ground and better lighting in general. Frame rate too seems so much smoother and menus are significantly snappier. Don't know the model but its a 49" LG OLED w/ 4K.
    Most likely an LG CX 48".

    LG doesn't do 49"with OLED's and only the CX (2020-model) has a 48" variant.
    Must have got the model mixed up. Either way, I can see the difference personally.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,058,764
    Posted on 19 November 20 at 03:14
    "Observer: System Redux"
    "from ray traced lighting to..."

    Xbox Series X version does NOT have Ray Tracing. Only ps5 and PC. I don't know why no one is talking about it this. And I am pretty annoyed. I really wanted to get this for Series X.
    Cool story bro.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,307,995
    Posted on 19 November 20 at 07:25
    And I just compared Gears Tactics on my PC and my Series X, the XSX version is not even at max settings --'
  • ALEXH7455ALEXH74553,658
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 02:51, Edited on 22 November 20 at 02:55 by ALEXH7455
    Fornite new recent xbox one series X gameplay - http://orablyro.com/3wSq press top right button when on link and it'll redirect you to YouTube.
    - Just watched the video the now good gameplay and graphics look on amazing but just not sure I would go paying £600 for it though. Thoughts? Anybody else same boat as me lol
    Alex Henry
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,436
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 03:55, Edited on 24 November 20 at 03:59 by HolyHalfDead
    I have a question for those who own/owned an Xbox One X.

    Have you been able to get your Xbox One X games working on Xbox Series X? I honestly thought XSX would be able to play all XOX games (maybe the XSS wouldn't be able to).

    I cannot find any way to download XOX 4K updates to my XSX. I have searched the web, but it only covers how to download 4K updates to XOS and XOX.

    This has me very disappointed, because the list of XOX games is much, much longer than the current XSX list:
    https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-one-x-enhanced/games
    https://www.trueachievements.com/optimized-for-series-x/game...
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,307,995
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 08:31, Edited on 24 November 20 at 08:34 by SweetArkhane
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I have a question for those who own/owned an Xbox One X.

    Have you been able to get your Xbox One X games working on Xbox Series X? I honestly thought XSX would be able to play all XOX games (maybe the XSS wouldn't be able to).

    I cannot find any way to download XOX 4K updates to my XSX. I have searched the web, but it only covers how to download 4K updates to XOS and XOX.

    This has me very disappointed, because the list of XOX games is much, much longer than the current XSX list:
    https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-one-x-enhanced/games
    https://www.trueachievements.com/optimized-for-series-x/game...
    Every One X Enhanced game I've tried on my Series X worked as a One X game :
    Gears of War 2
    Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order
    Explosive Jake (it was not noticeable but Files Infos said X1E)

    But, I downloaded them directly on my Series X, I didn't transfer them from a external drive.

    The XSS will use the One S version of X1E games, but the Enhanced 360 games will run at 1440 instead of 2160.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,436
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 11:05
    SweetArkhane said:
    Every One X Enhanced game I've tried on my Series X worked as a One X game :
    Gears of War 2
    Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order
    Explosive Jake (it was not noticeable but Files Infos said X1E)

    But, I downloaded them directly on my Series X, I didn't transfer them from a external drive.

    The XSS will use the One S version of X1E games, but the Enhanced 360 games will run at 1440 instead of 2160.
    Thank you for that confirmation. I had been playing games that were on my external XOS hard drive, also moved them to the internal XSX drive. I have now deleted and download a game, and it is the X1XE version :)

    What I will try next is connect my external drive back to my XOS, and download all the 4K updates. So strange this is not an option on XSX.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,307,995
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 11:29
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Thank you for that confirmation. I had been playing games that were on my external XOS hard drive, also moved them to the internal XSX drive. I have now deleted and download a game, and it is the X1XE version :)

    What I will try next is connect my external drive back to my XOS, and download all the 4K updates. So strange this is not an option on XSX.
    I think it's just a "bug", the game should propose an update when you launch it, but it's still hasn't been fixed^^
This thread has been locked by ManicMetalhead