Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla achievements aren't unlocking correctly for some players

• LoximLoxim1,282,646
    Posted on 20 November 20 at 19:20
    arneybri09 said:
    Loxim said:
    arneybri09 said:
    I stopped playing this game until a patch is released or the achievement issue is resolved. I don't want to waste hours of time playing this game and having to play it again.

I have been playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon for the time being.
    I did the same thing as well, though I didn't have a save before killing the first daughter of lerion but the other two are still alive, can't get the witch doctor to unlock. Shelved the game for now sadly.

How is Like a Dragon btw? I heard it's a take turn rpg now?
    Like a Dragon is great. Combat is great - it is turn based but battles are quick. Story is pretty good, very slow moving but expected since it’s a Yakuza game. It’s going to be a long completion.

I will go back to Valhalla when it feels safe to do so. I just don’t want Ubisoft to come out with a patch and we have to restart our games to unlock the achievements.
    That's why I stopped playing as well. If I have to start over Valhalla again I will be upset but it's better to stop now so I don't get more finished than I should.

Hopefully Yakuza hits gamepass like the others, sounds like it is pretty good.
  • DarthShinobiDarthShinobi487,835
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 04:52
    Okay, may have a fix for some. I read on another forum that those with the base game and no add on aren't having trouble. I own the base game with the berserker DLC and was only able to unlock the prologue achievement, no tracking or unlocks after. I had tried a new game, no achievements or tracking still. Deleted my save data, uninstalled the game and DLC, only reinstalled the base game and started a new game, and bam. Achievement (World Events) started tracking properly. Not sure if this is a for sure fix, but there may be hope.
  • Fa1con87Fa1con87669,234
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 12:52
    Seems the East Anglia Arc achievement is still not unlocked for me.

That makes 2:
    Twinkle Twinkle
    East Anglia
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 14:28
    Yup, happening to me. The prologue achievement popped early, it seems (right after the cinematic on the ice), and that’s it. I’ve already slid down the side of an entire snow covered mountain-no achievement. I just reached England-no achievement.
  • FireRaiser1985FireRaiser19851,305,847
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 14:55, Edited on 23 November 20 at 15:05 by FireRaiser1985
    1. Quit the game COMPLETELY
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    4. Load your most recent save (before glitched achievement of course)
    5. Start the Ubisoft App and let it load for a few seconds, click on the icons and so on
    6. Return to the game
    7. Press start and press right d-pad to enter the in game-store section and let it just load
    8. Return to the game
    9. Do the achievement-related stuff again
    10. Profit

Step 5 and 7 is just to make sure that you are connected to the Ubisoft servers. Not really sure it is necessary but I have always done it.

This trick has ALWAYS worked for me.

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    In the Footsteps of the Gods
    We're in the End Game Now
    Twinkle Twinkle
    And just a moment ago, the last story achievement... England Subdued.

Does this only works for me? Am I only lucky? Lol.
  • OffenderBEOffenderBE781,265
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 17:20
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    5. Start the Ubisoft App and let it load for a few seconds, click on the icons and so on
    6. Return to the game
    7. Press start and press right d-pad to enter the in game-store section and let it just load
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

Step 5 and 7 is just to make sure that you are connected to the Ubisoft servers. Not really sure it is necessary but I have always done it.

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

So, this only works when you know that you missed an achievement.
    And what about the collectible ones, you don't know when it's glitches or not while collecting.

So in short, first you have to study all achievements and track all achievements every 5 minutes laugh

Your solution may be a workaround, but not an option for me with 15 hours game play and only the prologue achievement.
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 19:09, Edited on 23 November 20 at 19:22 by FireRaiser1985
    OffenderBE said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

So, this only works when you know that you missed an achievement.
    And what about the collectible ones, you don't know when it's glitches or not while collecting.

So in short, first you have to study all achievements and track all achievements every 5 minutes laugh

Your solution may be a workaround, but not an option for me with 15 hours game play and only the prologue achievement.
    Check the achievement list and you will know when you are supposed to get a achievement. It's actually not THAT hard to keep track of. However, it may take the fun away a little bit.

For the "tracker-achievements" and collectibles, always make sure that you see the save icon in the bottom right corner and then check the tracker that should have increased.

Achievements with trackers (as far as I know):
    Silent Viking
    Equilibrium
    Old School Treasure Hunt
    Master Hunter
    Dreamcatcher (this one is stuck at 80% for me, guess I didn't paid attention to the tracker, it was my first achievement that glitched)
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz2,227,213
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 19:31
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

I’ll test this out when I get home with Flying Eivor toast
    Matthew
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 19:32
    ShavedWookie03 said:
    Okay, may have a fix for some. I read on another forum that those with the base game and no add on aren't having trouble. I own the base game with the berserker DLC and was only able to unlock the prologue achievement, no tracking or unlocks after. I had tried a new game, no achievements or tracking still. Deleted my save data, uninstalled the game and DLC, only reinstalled the base game and started a new game, and bam. Achievement (World Events) started tracking properly. Not sure if this is a for sure fix, but there may be hope.
    Where did you read about this? I have the season pass 🤔
    Matthew
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 19:43
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

Flying Eivor is pretty finicky. I had to do it several times. Not sure if it was actually glitched or that I didn't fly far enough the first times I tried, lol.
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 20:25
    ShavedWookie03 said:
    I have the Berserker DLC and Beowulf installed and had no problems with world events, prologue, and many others unlocking or tracking. The ones I'm having issues with are:

Dreamcatcher - stuck at 80%
    Home Decor - not unlocking
    A Picture of Grace - not unlocking
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 22:18
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

Flying Eivor is pretty finicky. I had to do it several times. Not sure if it was actually glitched or that I didn't fly far enough the first times I tried, lol.
    I’ve done it probably 20x’s ?? just not happening for me ??
    Matthew
  • WulfTekWulfTek1,191,057
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 23:31
    I'm having a weird issue where I have all the achievements, but certain menus show it and others don't. TA for example, can't detect that I have the Completionist achievement, but if you look at the achievement list on my Xbox profile I have it.

Very strange, I'm hoping eventually it will fix itself.
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 23:33
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

Didn’t work ??. Appreciate it tho toast
    Matthew
  • ScottyScotty823,856
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 10:16
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

This worked for me! So cheers, however I didn't open the Ubi app or Store since I forgot to do those after reading this and trying it. The imperative part is the save you load up I think, you need to reload a save from before you ever did the thing that isn't working, so this would be no use for something that didn't track for someone dozens of hours ago since you would have no clue where to reload, but for me the 2 achievements I had glitched, 'Assassinate someone from your horse' and 'Blend with Monks' I know I didn't do either before coming to England, so I reloaded a save from when I was still in Norway, then quickly sped through to England so I could try both again and they both unlocked after doing your steps above.

Though again having those saves was also imperative, I understand a lot of people don't keep saves from throughout their game, but situationally, this can work and did for me. toast
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 10:38, Edited on 24 November 20 at 10:39 by FireRaiser1985
    Scotty x360a said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

This worked for me! So cheers, however I didn't open the Ubi app or Store since I forgot to do those after reading this and trying it. The imperative part is the save you load up I think, you need to reload a save from before you ever did the thing that isn't working, so this would be no use for something that didn't track for someone dozens of hours ago since you would have no clue where to reload, but for me the 2 achievements I had glitched, 'Assassinate someone from your horse' and 'Blend with Monks' I know I didn't do either before coming to England, so I reloaded a save from when I was still in Norway, then quickly sped through to England so I could try both again and they both unlocked after doing your steps above.

Though again having those saves was also imperative, I understand a lot of people don't keep saves from throughout their game, but situationally, this can work and did for me. toast
    Glad to hear that! :)

I can also confirm that this trick works for the Good Catch! achievement. (Catch a fish of each type using the fishing line). Took me 3-4 tries though. Just make sure to have a save right before you catch your last fish.

And I always save and play from a save slot with that cloud symbol. Not sure if that makes any difference.
  • Fa1con87Fa1con87669,234
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 12:08
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    Scotty x360a said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    2. Delete LOCAL saves
    3. Start the game again
    6. Return to the game
    8. Return to the game
    10. Profit

It worked for:
    Flying Eivor
    Witch Hunter
    Twinkle Twinkle

Glad to hear that! :)

I can also confirm that this trick works for the Good Catch! achievement. (Catch a fish of each type using the fishing line). Took me 3-4 tries though. Just make sure to have a save right before you catch your last fish.

And I always save and play from a save slot with that cloud symbol. Not sure if that makes any difference.
    Only one of my saves have a cloud symbol, what does that mean?
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 12:32, Edited on 24 November 20 at 12:33 by FireRaiser1985
    Fa1con87 said:
    Only one of my saves have a cloud symbol, what does that mean?
    I really don't know for sure. I think it has something to do with Ubisofts own cloud save system, separated from MS/Xbox cloud. I have always saved in that slot and it seems to be more safe... or everything in this game may be random... Lol.
  • ScottyScotty823,856
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 12:34
    As for saves, I've not made a manual save since I read about them corrupting, maybe 4 or so days ago and only ever Quicksave now, so I'm not sure if mine are saving to the Ubi cloud or not, if that's what that cloud symbol means. :/
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 13:03, Edited on 24 November 20 at 13:11 by FireRaiser1985
    Scotty x360a said:
    As for saves, I've not made a manual save since I read about them corrupting, maybe 4 or so days ago and only ever Quicksave now, so I'm not sure if mine are saving to the Ubi cloud or not, if that's what that cloud symbol means. :/
    Never use quick save. Go into the menu, choose save game and save on the slot with the cloud symbol.

Let me try to explain... If I am at a point in the game where I should get an achievement, I always do a manual save on a non-cloud slot and THEN another save on the one with the cloud symbol. And then I play "from" that slot, if that makes any sense? Since I do a save in a non-cloud slot I can always revert to that one and repeat the process if something goes wrong.

If you don't have any save slot with a cloud, restart the game. Sometimes the cloud symbol disappears for some reason. Guess it has something to do with Ubisoft servers.

Does it makes sense? This is only speculations from me, lol. Not 100% sure of anything. Everything can also be pure random.

Peace!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads