Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: November 17th, 2020

• I Boz lI Boz l1,168,437
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 07:14
    facepalmfacepalmfacepalm
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 20 at 07:36, Edited on 17 November 20 at 08:37 by
    Ill get Dark + Tropico 4 since both games on Disk are more expensive here.

Plus seemed to work that I got the Kalypso games last week they put these on sale after a hell long of a time.

So if people want more 360 sales it shows to contribute to buying other games aswell
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
  • AzureCometAzureComet257,554
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 07:36
    Feels like we're on the cusp of a second civil war so this is fitting. Just wish I could get the CoD games on there.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,480,483
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 08:45
    The Cherished said:
    Stupid Darksiders II and its discontinued achievements.
    Yeh its a shame for people who want the completion
  • hippydreamhippydream74,348
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 09:20
    The Cherished said:
    Is "I Am Alive" any good? I don't want to buy it this time but just curious for a future purchase...
    I'll add my opinion as well (for what it's worth :D )

I'd say only buy it if it's very cheap and if the gameplay videos fascinate you enough to make up for it's flaws (and prepare for some frustration).

Long version:

I played it years ago and I remember I did not regret buying or playing it but I certainly remember it had some frustrating parts, mostly because it's a bit on the difficult side (scarce weapons/ammo and some annoying jump/climbing parts IIRC) and the checkpoints sometimes caused you to replay a few parts too often.

Then again, I loved the art style and the whole feel of the game. Story was nothing to write home about. Actually I don't remember much of the story so that might be clue (or it just tells how bad my memory is).
  • II Blittz IIII Blittz II290,416
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 09:40
    Thinking about getting Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I haven't played a Splinter Cell game since Conviction back in 2018. It looks like the multiplayer achievements can be achieved offline with bots too, however it just takes longer rather than boosting with friends.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 20 at 10:19
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Just popping in to recommend splinter cell blacklist for stealth fans. It takes the some of the action elements from conviction, and mixes it with classic splinter cell stealth. The results are very good. Yeah it's not Michael Ironside voicing Sam, and Sam both looks and sounds younger, even though it's the latest game chronologically. But that aside, the gameplay is fantastic.
    AMEN

The game has actually a scoring system build for 3 different styles:
    Ghost, Panther, Assault and allows for 3 styles to executed. Ubi did a great job preserving true stealth in Blacklist, while allowing for Conviction style of gameplay as well. Brilliant game. A really well done.
    FRAG'EM ALL
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007238,392
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 11:25, Edited on 17 November 20 at 11:27 by FireDrake007
    atryeu1 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    If you do not pick up Tropico 4 at that price, you are crazy. It is a great game, and it plays surprisingly well on console.
    That was the one game I did grab and the stupid game won't download :( Restarted at 80% and I'm on a very small metered bandwidth limit so that was my one try. I have to wait over 2 weeks to see if there's enough bandwidth left for the billing month to try again now. 2nd game that's done this to me recently :(
    Hopefully you can get Starlink when your current contract expires. Apparently it is capable of over 175 Mbps even in freezing temperatures, high winds and deep snow regardless of your location.

I also plan to get Tropico 4 just like I did with Tropico 3 last week even though I am double dipping with both games which I already own on PC. They are worth it at $1.99.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007238,392
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 11:40, Edited on 17 November 20 at 14:28 by FireDrake007
    atryeu1 said:
    The Cherished said:
    Stupid Darksiders II and its discontinued achievements.
    Agree :( Awesome game still either way, but really wish I could have finished. I was so close :(

Is "I Am Alive" any good? I don't want to buy it this time but just curious for a future purchase...
    I bought it earlier from what I remember for a bigger discounted sales price than what is being offered right now, because I thought the story was interesting. I am a bit disappointed because it only provides 200 GS points but considering how short the game is it is still par for the course for an Xbox 360 game.
  • enracerenracer66,281
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 11:59
    I want I am Alive for £1.99 smile
    Are the Tropico games any good? Anything like Theme Park/Sim City?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 20 at 12:21, Edited on 17 November 20 at 12:28 by
    enracer said:
    They are more like Anno imo which is also a very good RTS/City Builder but if you're looking for a Sim City may I recommend A Train-HX. It's sadly not listed anymore digitally

A-Train HX Achievements

Although it's a more obscure game and pretty hard to find. If you own a JP 360 go for

Machi-ing Maker 4 Achievements

Which is highly Obscure and even harder to obtain
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
  • enracerenracer66,281
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 13:15
    Dutch x Monster said:
    enracer said:
    They are more like Anno imo which is also a very good RTS/City Builder but if you're looking for a Sim City may I recommend A Train-HX. It's sadly not listed anymore digitally

A-Train HX Achievements

Although it's a more obscure game and pretty hard to find. If you own a JP 360 go for

Machi-ing Maker 4 Achievements

Which is highly Obscure and even harder to obtain
    Thanks. That second one does indeed look interesting, but Japanese only and no backwards compatible either. Shame A-Train HX is no longer listed too.

It’s surprising there are not more of these types of games, especially as we have so many indie games available.
  • Posted on 17 November 20 at 14:00
    Same shit , different toilet
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,047,530
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 14:25
    In the mood for TC?
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR318,271
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 15:55
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Just popping in to recommend splinter cell blacklist for stealth fans. It takes the some of the action elements from conviction, and mixes it with classic splinter cell stealth. The results are very good. Yeah it's not Michael Ironside voicing Sam, and Sam both looks and sounds younger, even though it's the latest game chronologically. But that aside, the gameplay is fantastic.
    How big of a chore are the online achievements?
  • jesschujesschu402,406
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 16:04
    does any body here think that buying darksider 2 is a stupid move?
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,703,686
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 17:25
    jesschu said:
    If you don't care about completion, it's a very smart call to buy it. It's a great game and one of the most improved sequels I've ever played.

But if you care about 100% stay far far away.
  • atryeu1atryeu1381,438
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 18:42
    FireDrake007 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    If you do not pick up Tropico 4 at that price, you are crazy. It is a great game, and it plays surprisingly well on console.
    That was the one game I did grab and the stupid game won't download :( Restarted at 80% and I'm on a very small metered bandwidth limit so that was my one try. I have to wait over 2 weeks to see if there's enough bandwidth left for the billing month to try again now. 2nd game that's done this to me recently :(
    Hopefully you can get Starlink when your current contract expires. Apparently it is capable of over 175 Mbps even in freezing temperatures, high winds and deep snow regardless of your location.

I also plan to get Tropico 4 just like I did with Tropico 3 last week even though I am double dipping with both games which I already own on PC. They are worth it at $1.99.
    Problem still with Starlink is that as of now the plans are unknown so they could still have some tiny bandwidth limit in the end on full release :( Still keeping an eye on it all though!

Yeah, I was going to get the Tropico games on disc because I prefer it that way but the prices were so cheap compared to even used and they were small files. No problems grabbing 3 last week but 4 won't download now :( Makes me reluctant to buy anything if the games are not going to download :(

Thanks everybody for the info on "I am Alive" I'll wait until my bandwidth is okay and watch some videos first before deciding on it for a future sale.
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0338,272
    Posted on 17 November 20 at 19:19
    AxeL R GR said:
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    How big of a chore are the online achievements?
    I'm not the person to ask, as I don't often play multiplayer. But I can tell you in a general sense, it shouldn't be a crazy grind. Not a part time job like a Gears game. I'm not sure what the community's like at this point.
    We meet again, Trebek.
  • jesschujesschu402,406
    Posted on 18 November 20 at 02:22
    The Cherished said:
    jesschu said:
    If you don't care about completion, it's a very smart call to buy it. It's a great game and one of the most improved sequels I've ever played.

But if you care about 100% stay far far away.
    Thx for your reply, will think about it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.