The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: November 17th, 2020

• Posted on 18 November 20 at 02:29
    I'll probably pick up Dark as it's the only thing that slightly interests me that I don't already own, list doesn't seem too hard either
  • Redders 420Redders 4201,026,528
    Posted on 18 November 20 at 08:35
    TheRyanGillam said:
    If you do not pick up Tropico 4 at that price, you are crazy. It is a great game, and it plays surprisingly well on console.
    Yoink!!!!
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,498
    Posted on 18 November 20 at 13:23
    The Cherished said:
    atryeu1 said:
    The Cherished said:
    Stupid Darksiders II and its discontinued achievements.
    Agree :( Awesome game still either way, but really wish I could have finished. I was so close :(

Is "I Am Alive" any good? I don't want to buy it this time but just curious for a future purchase...
    It's alright, if you don't mind REALLY low budget games there's fun to be had.
    I Am Alive was GWG years ago so there is a chance you already own it and don't realize it.

As for Darksiders II, I agree that it sucks when an achievement gets discontinued - particularly when it is such an easy one to get - but losing this feature really doesn't negatively affect the enjoyability of the game at all. If not for achievements, it would be a complete non issue.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • R06U3R06U3293,230
    Posted on 18 November 20 at 15:15
    AxeL R GR said:
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Just popping in to recommend splinter cell blacklist for stealth fans. It takes the some of the action elements from conviction, and mixes it with classic splinter cell stealth. The results are very good. Yeah it's not Michael Ironside voicing Sam, and Sam both looks and sounds younger, even though it's the latest game chronologically. But that aside, the gameplay is fantastic.
    How big of a chore are the online achievements?
    It's been awhile since I completed it, but IIRC they're not really difficult if you have a boosting partner or can double box.

I think the biggest potential issue is with the challenges. At one point those were unavailable for a really long time before Ubisoft got around to fixing the issue. AFAIK, the challenges are still working, so I'd recommend doing those 2 achievements first. After that, getting the rest done should be fairly quick and easy.
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR302,281
    Posted on 18 November 20 at 16:15
    R06U3 said:
    AxeL R GR said:
    Iceman2pnt0 said:
    Just popping in to recommend splinter cell blacklist for stealth fans. It takes the some of the action elements from conviction, and mixes it with classic splinter cell stealth. The results are very good. Yeah it's not Michael Ironside voicing Sam, and Sam both looks and sounds younger, even though it's the latest game chronologically. But that aside, the gameplay is fantastic.
    How big of a chore are the online achievements?
    It's been awhile since I completed it, but IIRC they're not really difficult if you have a boosting partner or can double box.

I think the biggest potential issue is with the challenges. At one point those were unavailable for a really long time before Ubisoft got around to fixing the issue. AFAIK, the challenges are still working, so I'd recommend doing those 2 achievements first. After that, getting the rest done should be fairly quick and easy.
    I'm sure they're not hard. My only concern is the game being dead and having to find a boosting partner, which isn't always easy. I can't double box.
  • atryeu1atryeu1314,773
    Posted on 18 November 20 at 18:43
    Boots Orion said:
    The Cherished said:
    atryeu1 said:
    The Cherished said:
    Agree :( Awesome game still either way, but really wish I could have finished. I was so close :(

Is "I Am Alive" any good? I don't want to buy it this time but just curious for a future purchase...
    I Am Alive was GWG years ago so there is a chance you already own it and don't realize it.

As for Darksiders II, I agree that it sucks when an achievement gets discontinued - particularly when it is such an easy one to get - but losing this feature really doesn't negatively affect the enjoyability of the game at all. If not for achievements, it would be a complete non issue.
    Years ago I was still on dialup so I highly doubt that :P I've only had high speed internet access for bit over 3yrs now and have not had Gold that entire time either.
  • Lu3yM0nk3yLu3yM0nk3y473,406
    Posted on 19 November 20 at 22:52
    no post about the huge sale that just went up a bit ago?
  • Posted on 20 November 20 at 03:09
    atryeu1 said:
    Boots Orion said:
    The Cherished said:
    atryeu1 said:
    The Cherished said:

Years ago I was still on dialup so I highly doubt that :P I've only had high speed internet access for bit over 3yrs now and have not had Gold that entire time either.
    If it's any consolation the Xbox One version has that achievement obtainable...so you CAN complete it just not the 360 version but it is still a pretty good game and at that price it's a good snag, I'd get it if I didn't already own it
  • atryeu1atryeu1314,773
    Posted on 20 November 20 at 03:24
    Crims0nScorpion said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Boots Orion said:
    The Cherished said:
    atryeu1 said:
    The Cherished said:

If it's any consolation the Xbox One version has that achievement obtainable...so you CAN complete it just not the 360 version but it is still a pretty good game and at that price it's a good snag, I'd get it if I didn't already own it
    Yeah I saw it got fixed on X1 which made me sad. I can't do an X1 or any other system of that generation or newer due to satellite internet and teeny tiny bandwidth limits (60gb/month right now) :( I have my 360 version though and I still have 1 or 2 unfinished achievements I can do back through someday. I have a lot of fun playing the game either way though but a completion would have been nice!
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper126,236
    Posted on 20 November 20 at 10:34
    Very happy to see Tropico 4 on sale (and matching its previous best/lowest price). I missed it when the three Tropico games (3, 4, 5) went on sale along with their DLC a few years ago. I was able to get 3 last week and I'm happy to get 4. I wish the DLC was on sale too, but I'll take what I can get at this point. wink
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 16:58
    atryeu1 said:
    If you're a completionist, I Am Alive can be pretty annoying times. I ended up having to play it with a walkthrough to avoid multiple playthroughs.
  • atryeu1atryeu1314,773
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 18:49
    DarthRandalNC said:
    atryeu1 said:
    If you're a completionist, I Am Alive can be pretty annoying times. I ended up having to play it with a walkthrough to avoid multiple playthroughs.
    I usually try for a completion but I don't freak out about it or anything if I can't complete something. Having been on dialup until a few years ago (and very limited bandwidth now) it's one of those things I'm used to since there are so many games with online requirements. I actually just wrote this elsewhere too but my first playthroughs on any game I prefer to do blind. I've always felt it's cheating just following a walkthrough and if I literally just paid for the game it's because I want to play through it myself LoL If I miss things along the way then I don't mind looking up info for a 2nd or 3rd playthrough if needed though. Sometimes I wait to replay a game later down the road though and sometimes I'll jump right back in to finish it off, especially if I enjoyed it the first time.

Thanks for the tips though! I'm waiting for any purchases for now. I bought Tropico 4 last week and it won't download so I'm kind of reluctant about buying anything for awhile now. That's a lot of wasted bandwidth when you barely have any to begin with :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.