The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Xbox Black Friday 2020 sale is now live with huge discounts on hundreds of games

• AzureCometAzureComet295,444
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 08:27
    Oof. Never buying a discless system again. So many missed opportunities.
  • Zohan2099Zohan2099422,991
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 10:27
    Promised the kids a game, and I'm debating between "Ice Age Scrat's Nutty Adventure" & "Gigantosaurus". I know that both of them are probably awful, but any recommendations would be appreciated!
  • HyperglideHyperglide519,511
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 12:24
    I will be picking up Control Ultimate Edition, and Grid Deluxe Edition. Might get one more game too was thinking about Steep but it's not the GOTY edition so probably a hard pass.
  • ShakasoShakaso1,525,382
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 13:56
    Crushem400 said:
    I'm happy the Kingdom Heart games are on sale. Sure, they're on Game Pass but their two Remix games contain 9 full games. I doubt I would complete them all before they left Game Pass. Now I could take my time playing through them all.
    its 6 games not 9 there are some visual novel style movies for the other 3 games that arent in there as games tho
  • SkarviTSkarviT208,937
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 14:00
    I hope the next Halo offer on Steam is a good one.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase536,239
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 14:51, Edited on 22 November 20 at 14:56 by EveryBase
    Zohan2099 said:
    Promised the kids a game, and I'm debating between "Ice Age Scrat's Nutty Adventure" & "Gigantosaurus". I know that both of them are probably awful, but any recommendations would be appreciated!
    Can't go wrong with dinosaurs. Like to add my kids love Totally Reliable Delivery Service which is also on sale.
  • Posted on 22 November 20 at 17:17
    SheBeatsYou said:
    MustangNights said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    So many people complaining. 300+ games on sale. SALE. Don't want it? Don't buy it. Pretty simple.

I spent 250$. I had so many things on my wish list that I wanted. I have been waiting a couple of years to buy a lot of games because I didn't have an Xbox One X. only an OG Xbox One and wanted the upgrade. I just got my Series X yesterday. I am 40 and this feels like the best Xmas I have since I was 13. With EA play getting added to game pass and all these games I just bought. I just filled up 800gb in a single day with 100% games I have never played. And I am ranked 9700th.

I am super happy. I don't understand why people complain about a sale. Don't like the sale. Fine. Buy it at full price. Stop complaining about things you are not forced to participate in.
    Well, it is pretty disappointing when the biggest sale of the year has things higher priced than on regular weekly sales. Nothing wrong with venting some frustration just like nothing wrong with you celebrating your purchases. Pretty simple.
    Not to mention that last years sales had deeper discounts on digital than physical and this year is back to physical being cheaper... 😕. Hopefully the end of year sales are better. Looking for AC Valhalla gold to be $60 range like Odyssey was last year..
    I'm up to about 95 physical games and I'm running out of places to keep them safe lol (3 kids). Have about 7 games ill be adding to the physical collection next week too zoiks....The digital sales need to get better so I can sell off some of these discs. This year I was only able to get rid of 2 of my disc games (8-bit armies and Halo Wars 2). I guess due to covid and the lockdowns creating more demand they'd be crazy to discount digital much. Heres hoping next year I can sell off at least 20 discs.
    I completely get it, I rather have digital as well, but if its not something that has to be digital for multi boxing and I can save money on physical, I'm sold.

I was disappointed in these sale prices, I expected at least comparable pricing. I had considered the mafia trilogy definitive, but since I've already played through mafia III and not a separate achievement list it takes the value down quite a bit. Here's hoping either a bonus list of sales on black friday or the end of year sales being really good.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,164,099
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 18:15
    Yea, physical copy of Maneater for 12.99 compared to 26 on sale and Code Vein for 10. These prices are a joke. I swear are the Sony sales for Black Friday atrocious this year or is this more sinister effects of game pass ruining everything that isn't game pass on Xbox?
  • Rista BRista B898,763
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 18:18
    Have to agree that the price points in this year's sales are not great compared to physical offerings. I bought Borderlands 3 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $10, RE3 for $15 and RDR2 for $20. All from Best Buy. And they had them all to my door from in less than 2 hours after I placed the order.

I love digital but MS has to do better on pricing. In the meantime Best Buy is killing it.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,936,817
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 21:18
    How is we happy few? Any good? Also for ctr do you need the nitrous oxide edition for the full 1000? It doesn’t seem like it but if someone can confirm I’d appreciate it.
    Crackdown 3!
  • Posted on 22 November 20 at 21:32
    Is there any way of separating out the Xbox 360 games to easily find them? There is no back-compat symbol, and the 360 dashboard doesn't show the sale, just Games with Gold. I think the Microsoft/Xbox Store website has also been rearranged in a way that makes this harder.
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 22:39, Edited on 23 November 20 at 00:15 by EveryBase
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    How is we happy few? Any good? Also for ctr do you need the nitrous oxide edition for the full 1000? It doesn’t seem like it but if someone can confirm I’d appreciate it.
    If u like The Outer Worlds and Bioshock then youd most likely enjoy WHF.
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 22:41
    Fyi Gamestop is selling Digital copy of State of Decay 2 for $10. Cheapest its ever been.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,163,319
    Posted on 22 November 20 at 22:47
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Nitrous Oxide edition just includes some exclusive/early-unlocked customization items.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn425,541
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 00:00
    I knew I should've waited with the Wolfenstein II Season Pass. For this price it's a steal.
    Nothing else interesting for me. Good year for backlog.
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 04:20
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Nitrous Oxide edition just includes some exclusive/early-unlocked customization items.
    Thank you I thought so. Might pick it up now.
    Crackdown 3!
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 04:21, Edited on 23 November 20 at 04:23 by Bear5 Fan 4Ever
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    If u like The Outer Worlds and Bioshock then youd most likely enjoy WHF.
    Bioshock is amazing. At 80% off it’s a steal. Thanks.
    Crackdown 3!
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 14:08
    So many good stuffs!!!
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,130,977
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 15:46
    Got quite a few things on my list from this sale. Though I think I'm only going to do ~$50 of what I want to qualify for the punch card. I'm thinking there's bound to be another punch card for the Christmas sale where plenty of the same stuff should go on sale, so I'm not going to grab everything. I'm also glad to see all the Civ VI stuff going on sale, but while I've still got plenty to play and the total price tag is still $100, I'll see if it doesn't drop any further in the next few big sales.
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 19:03
    If anyone wants Elite dangerous, it is currently free all week till the 26th November on the Epic games launcher store for PC. Also on sale on steam for £5. Progress isn't cross platform though.
    Killcrazycarl
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads