Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for December revealed, with 3,200 Gamerscore up for grabs

• Posted on 25 November 20 at 16:48
    Surprised not one mention so far of "GwG sucks just make Gold free and put them on GP"
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 16:54
    Literally fighting over £3 :D Did anyone try Swim Fest from the current GwG? Can't get a game online as it has a terrible mechanic that makes it very difficult. You all vote on a mode so someone always gets pissed and leaves which restarts the whole matchmaking again...multiple bad choices that ruined what looks like a fun game :(
  • N30YRDN30YRD463,126
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 16:55
    If anyone's interested in Saints Row I could be tempted to do it again...

It took me 4 hours one night to get the Let's Bounce achievement for me and a friend....

Message me closer to the time when this becomes free

GT: N30YRD
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 16:56
    Good games!!!
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007129,014
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 16:58, Edited on 25 November 20 at 17:00 by FireDrake007
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Damn I already bought Stacking on Xbox and haven't even played it yet. I should have just waited.

I also played the original Raven on the Xbox 360 awhile ago. It is nice to have the remastered edition but it probably won't be a priority on my backlog.

I also have Saints Row Gat out of Hell and Bleed 2 on steam on PC so this upcoming month is one of the worst GWG months for me so far.

Not one game I can say will be new to me or that I have not owned or played yet.
    Same for me about Stacking, picked it up last year and haven't played it yet. I only paid two bucks though so not too bad.

I'm rather happy with the other three. I'm not big on point n click adventures but I don't mind getting them as GwG. Bleed 2 looks like good arcade game fun and been wanting to get Gat Out of Hell eventually so now it can join SR4 Re-Elected in my backlog.
    True, at least Stacking wasn't too expensive when I bought it. I also have the game on PC which has the Hobo King dlc pack included for free.

Raven was fun when I played it on the Xbox 360. I think you would enjoy it if you like detective themed adventure games especially with the surprising twists in the story.

I actually like all 4 games offered this month which have all highly rated ratings on steam. I just happen to own or have played all of them already so it is kind of a bummer for me next month.

It is good for you though as the GWG next month are all fun and highly rated games I think you would enjoy.
  • GV LocGV Loc579,279
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 17:46
    Im good with this. :)
    GV loc
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st511,251
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 17:54, Edited on 25 November 20 at 18:25 by Matodion 1st
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Also I like to think that waiting for a discount reflects strong awareness of value for money. Just because it only $5 doesn't mean you should spend it unwisely, you might as well be that guy who spends money on save slots in Metal Gear Survive.
    Agree with this completely. I think age plays into it a lot. When I was a teenager I was happy spending my allowance and part-time job money on full priced games because I didn't know any better. As an adult with a family I more care about keeping the house and the food pantry full. Gaming is my hobby and considering being unemployed for 2 months early this year when covid was at its peak and likley looking at more lockdowns the gaming allowance I give myself is a third what it was last year so gotta be smart. Added plenty to the backlog for a fraction of what I could have paid. $5 can get full priced games these days for example Prey is $5 on Gamestop right now. Thats a 60-80 hr game for the price of a 1 hr DLC. Just wouldn't seem like money well spent. IM waiting on Grubbins on ice as well. its a 1-2hr DLC for $5 and I'm just not that devoted to gamerscore.
    Glad that somebody else thinks the same toast. I bought Final Fantasy XV last year for £4 on amazon and Farcry 3 remaster for less.
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain538,945
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 18:19
    At least they all have achievements this time
    What?
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 20:15
    After how long of gat outta hell being like $2 did they decide to throw it on here lol?
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 20:18
    elhocid said:
    If you haven't played Gat out of hell, hell give it a try. Not difficult and lots of fun.
    I found it more draggingly boring than any of the regular saints games. The first 2 still my faves though
  • SkarviTSkarviT174,186
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 20:22
    Just "Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell" maybe worth.
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 20:49
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Also I like to think that waiting for a discount reflects strong awareness of value for money. Just because it only $5 doesn't mean you should spend it unwisely, you might as well be that guy who spends money on save slots in Metal Gear Survive.
    Agree with this completely. I think age plays into it a lot. When I was a teenager I was happy spending my allowance and part-time job money on full priced games because I didn't know any better. As an adult with a family I more care about keeping the house and the food pantry full. Gaming is my hobby and considering being unemployed for 2 months early this year when covid was at its peak and likley looking at more lockdowns the gaming allowance I give myself is a third what it was last year so gotta be smart. Added plenty to the backlog for a fraction of what I could have paid. $5 can get full priced games these days for example Prey is $5 on Gamestop right now. Thats a 60-80 hr game for the price of a 1 hr DLC. Just wouldn't seem like money well spent. IM waiting on Grubbins on ice as well. its a 1-2hr DLC for $5 and I'm just not that devoted to gamerscore.
    I agree as well. At this point, most DLC I buy (especially short, small, cheap ones) like these, I purchase with Xbox credit I've redeemed through rewards programs
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou293,608
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 21:10
    Matodion 1st said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Glad that somebody else thinks the same toast. I bought Final Fantasy XV last year for £4 on amazon and Farcry 3 remaster for less.
    Far Cry 3 was $3 a few months ago that's when I nabbed it I guess you did too lol. This is the one week per year I go nuts. Have gotten most things on my wish list this BF week. Still a few that will go on for next year like Ashen and Jedi Fallen Order. My favorite find this week has been Code Vein for $10. Hope you got yourself some goodies too. I'm up to 10. 1 or 2 more I'm on the fence about.
  • xxx ALxxx AL1,207,407
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 22:34
    PuRe Pretzel said:
    Another boring month
    Yep, agree.
    No more AAA games.
    No more interesting games.
    The Raven is buggy.
    The rest of the games are just.......not good.
    Picky picky. Always something.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st511,251
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 23:00
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Far Cry 3 was $3 a few months ago that's when I nabbed it I guess you did too lol. This is the one week per year I go nuts. Have gotten most things on my wish list this BF week. Still a few that will go on for next year like Ashen and Jedi Fallen Order. My favorite find this week has been Code Vein for $10. Hope you got yourself some goodies too. I'm up to 10. 1 or 2 more I'm on the fence about.
    So far I got Metro Exodus and Rage 2 on Amazon at about £12 total. Bought Kings Heir on xbox bf sale. Tempted to get Control Ultimate but I must abide by 70% off minimum rule. Thought of getting The Evil Within or Bioshock Collection but I am trying to cutback on remasters of games I already played, plus I really need to reduce the size of purchased games backlog or at least the amount of openworld and hidden object games in it.
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 23:45
    Not interested at all in any of these games.
  • NetechmaNetechma283,133
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 07:57
    i'm going to ask a question I should very well know by now -is the project to make more backwards compatibles from 360 generation and before done for now or were these December 360 games already backwards compatible?
    please check out my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DidntknowIwantedthis/
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 09:02
    At least there's no original Xbox game, so that's a bonus.
    My old signature offended someone, so it got removed.
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 14:28
    sigh The Raven... at least is free lol
  • PebsterPebster300,836
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 17:47
    All of these seem interesting, better than the last few months lately
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.