Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Coalition reverses its decision to add Black Phantom weapon skins to the Gears 5 store

• GampiSGampiS389,351
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 14:19
    I have to agree with whoever said that that the article is objectively written because of that "thankfully" word. Are you informing readers or are you trying to force them to pick sides?
    Anyway I am fan of Gears (not a hardcore one but I played every one of them) and will be as long as the game dont drift away too far from its core or Coalition become too greedy.
  • CyberPunch83CyberPunch83591,190 591,190 GamerScore
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 15:13
    I've been an observer of this franchise since around 2010, and I'll I've ever seen is bad decision after bad decision. It somewhat started with Epic Games, but that seems to have followed to The Coalition and only got worse.
  • MulticronXMulticronX657,736
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 15:27
    If you didn’t realize after Gears 4, it’s that Coalition is a money grubbing company that doesn’t respect its fans time or money. I’ve said in the past they actively hate their player base, and anyone who played or bought Gears 5 or Tactics after what they did to us for Gears 4 deserves all the pain and suffering they’ll inflict upon you.
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 16:55
    I play for achivements not skins
  • Posted on 25 November 20 at 19:59
    Cower Before me said:
    Gears of war has been a dead series since the release of judgment. cry I don't understand why people continue to subject themselves to torture by playing these games, aside from the campaigns.
    Gears used to be my favorite franchise and was the entire reason I bought xbox over playstation 14 years ago. The series has fallen so far from grace I probably wouldn't have even played gears 5 if I didn't essentially get to play it for free because of games pass.
    I told all my buddies I was done with gears after 4 because after 3 all the newer games just get worse then of course I needed another console and what came with it gears 5, fml for starting it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 November 20 at 21:28
    Didn’t care when this started, still don’t care.
  • FoogaFooga2,509,543
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 22:58
    Only thing worse than the Coalition is the Gears community. I'd rather them keep the skins if they fix the safe room loading time in escape maps.
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 00:17
    Damn, now I can't spend real money and pretend I'm cool
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 03:03
    It's very simple. These skins are for those who have completed the required challenges. Whether people care or not about them is not the point. It took a lot of time and dedication to get them, so to have them go on sale is a slap to the face of the Gears faithful.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,100,838
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 05:37
    That's the least of my worries with this game ??

Edos said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    They look like shit in 5, anyway. The phantom skins in 4 were more transparent. I liked those much better. Let people have the inferior versions, who cares.
    Exactly, they don't even look good laugh Haven't used them once in the year the games been out and I don't see anybody use them either in fact. Idk who all these people are that get upset, they likely aren't even rocking the skins themselves
    I only ever use them so people can't easily see what weapon I'm holding. Or if they kill me they might have to look for it for a few seconds.

Fooga said:
    Only thing worse than the Coalition is the Gears community. I'd rather them keep the skins if they fix the safe room loading time in escape maps.
    You and me both. I can't believe they haven't fixed that in Operation 5.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • ReggiezReggiez266,121
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 08:13
    There are a fair few things about The Coalition that I haven't been a fan of in how they handle the Gears franchise. I also feel like that Dana guy comes off as a corporate chill or a smug git in many of his streams.

But this feels and reads more like butt hurt elitists moaning about something that they want to keep from everyone else. If they would have released this for Gears 4 then I would have given them some credit. But re-releasing them in Gears 5 bothers me not at all. Even if I had grinded for them in Gears 4 I would have been fine with them coming back in another game.

It is like that golden skin for the lancer from way back. I got that and then I think it was added to the next game. It happens and people should stop being petty.
  • EI BikerboyEI Bikerboy486,766
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 08:59
    I earned the set in Gears 4 and I don't mind other people buying the set from the store in Gears 5.
    They are only skins, and who cares for skins?
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 09:14
    But letting me buy it would give me a great sense of pride and accomplishment.
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 12:11
    xXVanitasXx said:
    Beachem said:
    WAYYYY more pissed about them stealing coins. They claim they gave out too many coins from Versus ranked rewards in OP4 but I hardly played Ranked last operation (was still bronze) and I had 60,000 taken from my stash yesterday. NOT COOL! They continue to f*** everything up in this game. So irritating. Of course, those that spent their coins don't see any repercussions. F*** me for not using my coins.
    Damn, cancel this developer. I can never understand why people give Ubisoft a hard time like they're anywhere near as bad as EA, Epic or even Coalition whereas they are a far better developer/company that has a consistent solid lineup of titles.
    Yeah, it's not as though Ubisoft have released utterly broken title after utterly broken title or anything. /s

Seriously, there's reason to be angry, I can see the frustration. But this is a seriously minuscule offence compared to a game that can't even be played for ten minutes without crashing. If you can't see that, you have some hyperfocused tunnel vision.
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r840,479
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 13:20
    Reggiez said:
    There are a fair few things about The Coalition that I haven't been a fan of in how they handle the Gears franchise. I also feel like that Dana guy comes off as a corporate chill or a smug git in many of his streams.

But this feels and reads more like butt hurt elitists moaning about something that they want to keep from everyone else. If they would have released this for Gears 4 then I would have given them some credit. But re-releasing them in Gears 5 bothers me not at all. Even if I had grinded for them in Gears 4 I would have been fine with them coming back in another game.

It is like that golden skin for the lancer from way back. I got that and then I think it was added to the next game. It happens and people should stop being petty.
    It wasn't that they just added them to the next game. They were earned during the end of life period of Gears 4, where the point of all the challenges was to earn them in 4 and play with them in 5 as an exclusive reward. I didn't earn them but they advertised them as exclusive rewards for 5 , it's wrong of them to turn around and just let people buy them. There's plenty of other skins they could sell to people.
    Game Info Team - Flags Flags Flags!
  • NaianashaNaianasha676,357
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 15:20, Edited on 26 November 20 at 15:26 by Naianasha
    thejadedfalcon said:
    xXVanitasXx said:
    Beachem said:
    WAYYYY more pissed about them stealing coins. They claim they gave out too many coins from Versus ranked rewards in OP4 but I hardly played Ranked last operation (was still bronze) and I had 60,000 taken from my stash yesterday. NOT COOL! They continue to f*** everything up in this game. So irritating. Of course, those that spent their coins don't see any repercussions. F*** me for not using my coins.
    Damn, cancel this developer. I can never understand why people give Ubisoft a hard time like they're anywhere near as bad as EA, Epic or even Coalition whereas they are a far better developer/company that has a consistent solid lineup of titles.
    Yeah, it's not as though Ubisoft have released utterly broken title after utterly broken title or anything. /s

Seriously, there's reason to be angry, I can see the frustration. But this is a seriously minuscule offence compared to a game that can't even be played for ten minutes without crashing. If you can't see that, you have some hyperfocused tunnel vision.
    I played their games and just because some people have a bad experience with the game doesn't mean they can speak for everyone else's opinion and experience. I've played old and new Ubisoft games and I never had these problems you're crying about. You can stop defending Coalition now, but you're by no means obligated to cancel your stance as their fanboy. Please, proceed. I really don't care, I have better things to do than read whatever irrelevant thing you might have to say.
  • Posted on 26 November 20 at 20:05
    xXVanitasXx said:
    thejadedfalcon said:
    xXVanitasXx said:
    Beachem said:

I played their games and just because some people have a bad experience with the game doesn't mean they can speak for everyone else's opinion and experience. I've played old and new Ubisoft games and I never had these problems you're crying about. You can stop defending Coalition now, but you're by no means obligated to cancel your stance as their fanboy. Please, proceed. I really don't care, I have better things to do than read whatever irrelevant thing you might have to say.
    I don't even play Gears 5 multiplayer and I've played the campaign once, this literally doesn't affect me one way or another, LOL, but sure, I'm fanboying. But a cosmetic being granted to people who "don't deserve it", such as it is, is a few rungs down the ladder from releasing games so utterly broken that numerous articles exist about it on numerous games, including on this site. Not my fault you missed them. But that's fine, just because it doesn't affect YOU personally, that means it's fine, right? Well, this doesn't affect me, so I say they should release these skins. That's how this works, right?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 November 20 at 11:23
    Completed Gears 1, 2 and 3.
    After the Judgment fiasco, I quit the series. For good.
    I can't believe people still play this junk.
    Picky picky. Always something.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads